ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops elite camp: Notes

Aug 31, 2005
State College
bwi.rivals.com
Couple of notes from the first day of hoops camp at Penn State. Pretty good turnout today, with Class of 2016 commitment Joe Hampton on hand, and then the majority of the talent here is '17, '18 and '19 kids.

The Bostick, Carr, Stevens trio is not here... Yet. They're on their way from a team camp at Temple and they might not be playing today, so long day, but at least they'll be here.

Waiting to see Bostick, but there's some pretty positive feedback coming from his development. Carr is the guy they really want and would love to get. If Penn State lands a transfer (which it's pretty safe to assume they will pursue after Geno leaving) that makes Bostick, Hampton, possibly Carr, and then maybe Stevens or some other wild card if they don't hit the full jackpot (just for reference, if Chambers lands Hampton, Carr and Stevens in one class, it would be practically magic - but these kids are committing as package deals these days, so who knows).

Have had a chance to see Mike Watkins here, and the kid looks great. Really, really much needed and appreciable size impact with him joining the fold.

I've seen a few other kids here that they're looking at, but a lot of them are kids that need one thing or another to improve dramatically in their games before they're going to get an offer. Working without the list at the moment, but I should have a pretty good grasp by tomorrow or Monday.

One last note. Some of the campers were doing their best dunks during a water break. Out of nowhere, Josh Reaves throws down a sick tomahawk. Wish I could have gotten it on video, but the kid is going to also be a big addition this year, especially if he can make those strides in the weight room.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News