ADVERTISEMENT

House v. NCAA NIL settlement

All but mine!
I pray you'll eventually be right. I even got out the rosary last time. No luck. :(

Every time I see your handle, it reminds me that it's been 40+ year since I was there. They were popular then but you could easily get in the door. I can't imagine what that place is like now. I imagine a space 2-3 times the size as it was in 1982 with a ton more variety. Still in same place?

Last time I was on campus was for PA Special Olympics maybe 25 years ago. And no, I was not a participant. My wife took several people there. I was her recreational project but I wasn't good enough to go as an athlete.

Last edited:
Reactions: tikk10
I pray you'll eventually be right. I even got out the rosary last time. No luck. :(

Every time I see your handle, it reminds me that it's been 40+ year since I was there. They were popular then but you could easily get in the door. I can't imagine what that place is like now. I imagine a space 2-3 times the size as it was in 1982 with a ton more variety. Still in same place?

Last time I was on campus was for PA Special Olympics maybe 25 years ago. And no, I was not a participant. My wife took several people there. I was her recreational project but I wasn't good enough to go as an athlete.
It's one block closer to Beaver Stadium. Corner of Bigler and Curtin Rd. It use to be a wide open parking lot. The Natatorium is catty-corner from the Creamery. It's definitely bigger.

The covid years were a real sht show. I usually buy ½ gallons, and there's a separate line for that. The powers to be wanted you to wait your turn in the cone line. It's good icecream, but it comes with a high price tag now.

Maybe I will. Or maybe I'll stick around and hope it gets better.
Less interesting is not the same as NOT interesting... If it was not interesting I would be foolish to spend my time and money on it.

I definitely will not be funding it as much as I have in the past nor at the level I had planned to in the future. Not that I expect anyone outside of my household to notice any change in my behavior.
Good for you. Thanks for the update. We all need to hear constantly about how everyone feels more or less about the state of college sports.

You must be a football guy lol.
Football and sports.... I get my business stuff from Business Insider, Forbes, Zacks and trade publications like OilPrice.com etc. I come here to read about PSU sports only. For the business of sports... I go elsewhere. It's a time and quality management fetish I have.

Football and sports.... I get my business stuff from Business Insider, Forbes, Zacks and trade publications like OilPrice.com etc. I come here to read about PSU sports only. For the business of sports... I go elsewhere. It's a time and quality management fetish I have.
I get compartmentalization of thought.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Good for you. Thanks for the update. We all need to hear constantly about how everyone feels more or less about the state of college sports.
You know that is why these boards exist... to share news, ideas, thoughts, opinions, etc.

I'm sure you have expressed yours in a post or two.

What makes yours any different than anyone else's?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT