ADVERTISEMENT

How much NIL $$$ for top 10 QB?

proud2bpsufan

Jan 4, 2013
How much NIL $$ does it take to get a top 10 QB from California to commit to PSU for 2026? I would think it had to be a major factor in his decision to go across the country and play in a non-warm football state for a team that has never made the playoff. Are we talking 100K, 250K, 500K or more? I have no idea how these things are playing out in the wild west of college football.

How much NIL $$ does it take to get a top 10 QB from California to commit to PSU for 2026? I would think it had to be a major factor in his decision to go across the country and play in a non-warm football state for a team that has never made the playoff. Are we talking 100K, 250K, 500K or more? I have no idea how these things are playing out in the wild west of college football.
There's no such thing as too much. It's what his value is to those paying it. Might need 7 figures. Franklin's job is to get that money.

There's no such thing as too much. It's what his value is to those paying it. Might need 7 figures. Franklin's job is to get that money.
I'll bet the one key selling point Franklin has in his back pocket is that PSU has sent the last 3 starting QB's to the NFL and Allar being the 4th. That's what these top tier players really want in a program at the end of the day IMHO.

If you read the article with quotes, he sounded like a Michigan lean. We were probably after Bell the most. Bell verbal to Texas. Another kid verbal to Michigan. Michigan tells Huhn his spot is gone. We probably got on him harder post Bell2Tx. And voila, here he is.

I'm sure NIL was involved, but these kids still have preferences and likes AND they have to have a spot to go to.

Reactions: LandoComando
If you read the article with quotes, he sounded like a Michigan lean. We were probably after Bell the most. Bell verbal to Texas. Another kid verbal to Michigan. Michigan tells Huhn his spot is gone. We probably got on him harder post Bell2Tx. And voila, here he is.

I'm sure NIL was involved, but these kids still have preferences and likes AND they have to have a spot to go to.
yeah...weird absence of west coast teams in there. No USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, or Cal. Not even Utah.

Reactions: lazydave841
We are paying him obviously. Who knows how much but the good news is we have the money to shell out to these high profile players.

I'm sure we got the wallet out to get the two 4 star EDGE guys that just committed. Granville from Texas was looking at Oklahoma, much closer to home, so you know we came to the table with a good offer.

How much does a 15-year-old or 60-year-old quarterback get in n i l these days probably more than your typical paperboy. LOL

Maybe he's just locking in his spot. If ample NIL doesn't come he could flip.

That's very strange. Would have thought 2 or 3 of those teams pursued him.
247 has a USC 2026 QB committed, Ryder Lyons. The #2 player in California, #3 QB and #11 nationally so that probably explains them not pursuing him.

On 247 it shows he had offers from Cal, Washington, Oregon and UCLA among others.

According to a CBS analysis I posted over a month ago (link below): $500,000-800,000 for a quality Power-Four starting QB...but ranging up to $2 million for potential stars:

Reactions: proud2bpsufan
In think you are right... This board is full of people that don't know much. But hey, who does these wild and wooly NIL and new B1G days. 😂

I'll bet the one key selling point Franklin has in his back pocket is that PSU has sent the last 3 starting QB's to the NFL and Allar being the 4th. That's what these top tier players really want in a program at the end of the day IMHO.
But our last QB who had any sort of decent career as a starter was Kerry Collins and that's pushing 30 years ago. Compare that to Michigan, OSU, USC, OR in our conference alone.

This sets up well for him to be the guy in '27. Grunk is most likely gone by then. Pribula definitely gone so that had to weigh into his decision making.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT