ADVERTISEMENT

How much will Michigan be affected bc they can't steal our signs now?

lol, my question is what will your excuse be when UM blows you out at home?...whatever this "sign stealing" turns out to be, psu has heard rumors about it for a year..maybe you should ask frames if he is doing what at least a decent coach would do, like wristbands or sending in plays from the sideline...didn't seem to matter against msu, 49-0, and Michigan could have put up 70 had they wanted to..
Simple questions with simple answers. Is it against the rules? Did Michigan cheat? If yes, doesn’t matter if Michigan beats PSU this year by 100. Doesn’t matter if the advantage in years past was only a touchdown. It is a disgrace. I feel bad for Michigan players who have to deal with hearing they are in a program that cheats.

Reactions: psu1969a
Good signs can not be stolen easily especially if you don't have the KEY to the sequence of signs.

Also, fun to use telltale signs to baffle your opponent.

People can say what they want but this is HUGE and a huge development. Anyone ever play techmo bowl? you know where if you and the offense hit the same buttons it got snuff out quickly?

Can you imagine being a LB or a S and and not having to worry about a play action fake? No freeze, no read, just freaking go.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Simple questions with simple answers. Is it against the rules? Did Michigan cheat? If yes, doesn’t matter if Michigan beats PSU this year by 100. Doesn’t matter if the advantage in years past was only a touchdown. It is a disgrace. I feel bad for Michigan players who have to deal with hearing they are in a program that cheats.
if it happened, they would be in violation of a level 2 infraction at most...you do realize that almost every fbs team self reports level 2 infractions on a regular basis,no?..this isn't the big deal that you think it is..go google fbs football teams self reporting

for example, in july osu self reported 12 level 2 violations..a more stunning example was the 18 level 1 and 200 level 2 violations at UT..tenn got a fine, let that sink in...

if it happened, they would be in violation of a level 2 infraction at most...you do realize that almost every fbs team self reports level 2 infractions on a regular basis,no?..this isn't the big deal that you think it is..go google fbs football teams self reporting

So you, along with most of your Fandom, are at the level of "we did it, but it didn't help us that much."

Nice couple day leap of "nobody has an evidence" to this.

At the end of the day, you may end up right in that nothing of any substance happens to Michigan football, but that doesn't disregard that this occurred and very likely contributed to a lot of winning. Good luck.

So you, along with most of your Fandom, are at the level of "we did it, but it didn't help us that much."

Nice couple day leap of "nobody has an evidence" to this.

At the end of the day, you may end up right in that nothing of any substance happens to Michigan football, but that doesn't disregard that this occurred and very likely contributed to a lot of winning. Good luck.
thx sweetie 😘

Nothing you said changes my mind at all. I don’t care what level of infraction it is, or how many do it. You are ok with cheating then fine. I am not.

Good signs can not be stolen easily especially if you don't have the KEY to the sequence of signs.

Also, fun to use telltale signs to baffle your opponent.
Except that's not Akey on the sidelines, it's Stallions.

People can say what they want but this is HUGE and a huge development. Anyone ever play techmo bowl? you know where if you and the offense hit the same buttons it got snuff out quickly?

Can you imagine being a LB or a S and and not having to worry about a play action fake? No freeze, no read, just freaking go.
i think tecmo bowl is whre yurcich found the wideout pass play

I think this could be bigger than some people are thinking. Its going to be hard for the UM players to get used to not knowing the signs from the other team. Obviously they still have a lot of talent but this will not be an easy adjustment for their players. Only 1 game to get used to it before they play us.
Ask Michigan State!@@

for example, in july osu self reported 12 level 2 violations..a more stunning example was the 18 level 1 and 200 level 2 violations at UT..tenn got a fine, let that sink in...
Only the most delusional can look at this and not realize this this will result in UM cleaning house and the NCAA or Big Ten vacating wins IF the allegations are true. What happened with the CMU/MSU game is not going on all over the college football world even if it makes you feel better saying that it is.

The big thing in my mind is the first half. Coming into a game already knowing the signs with 100% certainty is different from stealing them in the game by the 2nd half. Instead of them basically dominating from the start and grabbing a 2 score advantage, it will be even steven much longer into the game. Perhaps their superiority kicks in during 3rd quarter, but I don't think you see domination early now.
This is a good point, although I would argue that most team probably change signs at the half (but stay with me, this reinforces your point). Most teams *probably* don't change up signs much during the season (although some might).

Assuming most of what Michigan is alleged to have done is true (and I think it is) that means for a given season, they'd know the signs from snap #1 and from #1 of the 2nd half. If you are just stealing signs in game, you might discover a handful of signs by the end of each half, which while helpful is not helping you on every play the way that knowing EVERY sign the entire game is.

So anyone saying, "this isn't any different than stealing signs during a game, which is legal" it 100% IS different and is a massive competitive advantage.

This is a good point, although I would argue that most team probably change signs at the half (but stay with me, this reinforces your point). Most teams *probably* don't change up signs much during the season (although some might).

Assuming most of what Michigan is alleged to have done is true (and I think it is) that means for a given season, they'd know the signs from snap #1 and from #1 of the 2nd half. If you are just stealing signs in game, you might discover a handful of signs by the end of each half, which while helpful is not helping you on every play the way that knowing EVERY sign the entire game is.

So anyone saying, "this isn't any different than stealing signs during a game, which is legal" it 100% IS different and is a massive competitive advantage.
you do realize that this rule was implemented in 1994 for financial reasons, yes?..not that it is a significant competitive advantage..and that the ncaa recently considered getting rid of the rule altogether..

you do realize that this rule was implemented in 1994 for financial reasons, yes?..not that it is a significant competitive advantage..and that the ncaa recently considered getting rid of the rule altogether..
The theory behind it not being a competitive advantage stems from all 22 film being widely available, so why would you need to go scout in person?

Well, the reason is to steal signs, because you can't see that well enough from the all 22. The NCAA wasn't thinking about sign stealing either in 1994 or when they recently considered the rule change.

You couldn't be more wrong about this.

Reactions: dmaw
The theory behind it not being a competitive advantage stems from all 22 film being widely available, so why would you need to go scout in person?

Well, the reason is to steal signs, because you can't see that well enough from the all 22. The NCAA wasn't thinking about sign stealing either in 1994 or when they recently considered the rule change.

You couldn't be more wrong about this.
if sign stealing is so egregious, why is it not against a rule?..yes, there are guardrails, but the act itself is not a rule violation..

if sign stealing is so egregious, why is it not against a rule?..yes, there are guardrails, but the act itself is not a rule violation..
Sigh. Are you really this dim? I suspect you are just putting blinders on so you don't have to admit Michigan cheated their way to success.

1) Stealing signs during a game is not illegal. This is also somewhat tricky to do because by the time you have enough signs to be able to maybe make a difference, the other team is probably changing up signs for the second half. So at best you are getting a modest strategic advantage by doing this during games.

2) Stealing signs from existing video (e.g. TV broadcase or all 22) is also not illegal. But you are maybe only going to pick up on a handful of signs per game. Again, very modest advantage.

3) Using in person scouting to video *every single sign for every single play* and then matching them up to the all 22 is a tremendous advantage. You should know almost every play before it happens. Don't do it in person and don't video it. That's the illegal part.

Reactions: dmaw
Right but they haven't gotten rid of it. They probably should but that's irrelevant

This is incorrect.

Please don't hold your breath.
ok,guy....you're the same guy who in other posts can't comprehend that scholarship reductions in the NIL era are meaningless..you look back at reductions at psu pre NIL and can't see how it's different..but here you claim to know that the ncaa considers this serious..the ncaa has a history of not doing much..i remember UM getting beat on the court by Louisville for the basketball championship...Louisville was later sanctioned for ca$h and hookers..does anybody look back and say they weren't champs?..is anybody lobbying to grant UM that title..?..not sure why you focus on what you view as "the correct" outcome when i'm just looking at reality..

Are they guilty? Probably not as a team. The analyst probably is though. The story being told by the evidence in the press is he was rogue.

Will they be sanctioned? End of the day, they probably get a secondary violation. I highly doubt the analyst was operating with concept from high given how little effort that went into covering his tracks.

Will they be allowed to play for a natty? Absolutely, if they win out. The NCAA process takes months to play out.

Will the coaching staff be around? Absolutely.
If he was rogue, did he pay for all those tickets himself?

ok,guy....you're the same guy who in other posts can't comprehend that scholarship reductions in the NIL era are meaningless..
Please explain. If you have less scholarships, NIL doesn't magically create more scholarships. Unless you think UM is going to break more rules to use NIL to pay for tuition...LOL.
you look back at reductions at psu pre NIL and can't see how it's different..
Scholarship losses are a big deal. Full stop.
but here you claim to know that the ncaa considers this serious..the ncaa has a history of not doing much..i remember UM getting beat on the court by Louisville for the basketball championship...Louisville was later sanctioned for ca$h and hookers..does anybody look back and say they weren't champs?
Yes, people who understand history.
..is anybody lobbying to grant UM that title..?..not sure why you focus on what you view as "the correct" outcome when i'm just looking at reality..
I am looking at both. I think the correct outcome would be for an immediate suspension of football operations at Michigan pending the NCAA investigation. That's not going to happen. The Big Ten is likely to step in to do something before the NCAA does (most likely a post-season ban)

1. This is a very very big deal.
2. Michigan is guilty.
3. Scholarship losses KILL a program.
4. This is going to end badly for Michigan.
5. The Big Ten commissioner is under more and more pressure with each passing day.
6. The Coaches are not letting this go. At all.

i agree, mentioned this to highlight that the ncaa doesn't consider this too seriously, and therefore will most likely not be too punitive
Congratulations on being obtuse and in denial on two different threads at the same time.. One rarely witnesses such devotion in people unless they’re suicide bombers.

This demonstrates that you have zero understand of infraction levels. These would be Level One infractions:

Seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of college sports.
Provide or are intended to provide a substantial or extensive recruiting, competitive or other advantage. (emphasis mine)

Furthermore, there are 30+ games were this took place. Each of those is an infraction. So 60+ level one infractions. That's a HUGE deal.

1. This is a very very big deal.
2. Michigan is guilty.
3. Scholarship losses KILL a program.
4. This is going to end badly for Michigan.
5. The Big Ten commissioner is under more and more pressure with each passing day.
6. The Coaches are not letting this go. At all.
Some of this is true. 1 is true and 6 is true
2 is likely true but not proven--this is like people saying Paterno knew and didn't do anything. Let it play out and once we actually have the information make the decision. This is basically law.
3 isn't true at all. Are we dead?
4 based on what? It "should" end badly but stating you know it will doesn't make sense.
5 does he care?

This is why people think I'm not a Penn State fan but my bias doesn't blind me from reality. Of course it's a big deal and of course coaches are mad for many reasons but we have no clue how it plays out. We know what we want to have happen but we can't ignore the NCAA literally hasn't done anything meaningful since us. They didn't even ban Tennessee from the post-season because they agreed to probation. They'll still be very competitive even with the scholarship reductions. If Michigan gets the death penalty that's great--it's just not realistic to hope for. Doesn't mean we can't celebrate if it happens but for those expecting something major you're just asking for disappointment.

Some of this is true. 1 is true and 6 is true
2 is likely true but not proven--this is like people saying Paterno knew and didn't do anything. Let it play out and once we actually have the information make the decision. This is basically law.
3 isn't true at all. Are we dead?
4 based on what? It "should" end badly but stating you know it will doesn't make sense.
5 does he care?

This is why people think I'm not a Penn State fan but my bias doesn't blind me from reality. Of course it's a big deal and of course coaches are mad for many reasons but we have no clue how it plays out. We know what we want to have happen but we can't ignore the NCAA literally hasn't done anything meaningful since us. They didn't even ban Tennessee from the post-season because they agreed to probation. They'll still be very competitive even with the scholarship reductions. If Michigan gets the death penalty that's great--it's just not realistic to hope for. Doesn't mean we can't celebrate if it happens but for those expecting something major you're just asking for disappointment.
Reading your stupidity is a constant disappointment. Carry on cupcake.

• Haha
Reactions: Psubiomed
Reading your stupidity is a constant disappointment. Carry on cupcake.
Cupcake? lol
If you had a valid argument against it you'd make it
Stating anyone (or any team) is guilty before proven (hence why there's allegations) is wrong. Just like it was wrong when they did it to us
The sanctions didn't kill us--we're very much alive
We don't know how it will end. Fact not opinion
Do we know if the Big Ten Commish cares? This board says over and over again how the Big Ten caters to Michigan and Ohio State but now they're going to destroy Michigan before the NCAA completes an inestigation? Were's the logic?
Again, if I was wrong you'd be able to argue it. You just want me to be wrong which I respect but it's a losing battle here for you "snowflake"

Cupcake? lol
If you had a valid argument against it you'd make it
Stating anyone (or any team) is guilty before proven (hence why there's allegations) is wrong. Just like it was wrong when they did it to us
The sanctions didn't kill us--we're very much alive
We don't know how it will end. Fact not opinion
Do we know if the Big Ten Commish cares? This board says over and over again how the Big Ten caters to Michigan and Ohio State but now they're going to destroy Michigan before the NCAA completes an inestigation? Were's the logic?
Again, if I was wrong you'd be able to argue it. You just want me to be wrong which I respect but it's a losing battle here for you "snowflake"
I not saying you’re always wrong, and my comment wasn’t directly related to your above post m. More just that you’re overbearing, egotistical, juvenile, self righteous, and not very bright. Thus not someone whom I choose to regularly interact with. Unfortunately on occasion it’s unavoidable.

I not saying you’re always wrong, and my comment wasn’t directly related to your above post m. More just that you’re overbearing, egotistical, juvenile, self righteous, and not very bright. Thus not someone whom I choose to regularly interact with. Unfortunately on occasion it’s unavoidable.
And your wrong about your description of me. That's your inferiority complex raging. Who asked you to interact with me? If my post above was "wrong" then you shouldn't have responded to it as you did. That's on you. I'm sure that also confusing to you.

If he was rogue, did he pay for all those tickets himself?
this guy has been stalking the team since 2010-2011, when he was a teenager..accompanied to road games by his father..pretty sure pops could front him the money if needed...

• Haha
Please explain. If you have less scholarships, NIL doesn't magically create more scholarships. Unless you think UM is going to break more rules to use NIL to pay for tuition...LOL.

Scholarship losses are a big deal. Full stop.

Yes, people who understand history.

I am looking at both. I think the correct outcome would be for an immediate suspension of football operations at Michigan pending the NCAA investigation. That's not going to happen. The Big Ten is likely to step in to do something before the NCAA does (most likely a post-season ban)
are you really this clueless?...byu's entire walk on squad has an NIL deal with Built Bar to cover room, board and tuition

this guy has been stalking the team since 2010-2011, when he was a teenager..accompanied to road games by his father..pretty sure pops could front him the money if needed...
You do realize no matter what you do this season it's all vacated next year right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT