ADVERTISEMENT

How much will Michigan be affected bc they can't steal our signs now?

PSUWrestlingFanSince2011

Mar 22, 2022
I think this could be bigger than some people are thinking. Its going to be hard for the UM players to get used to not knowing the signs from the other team. Obviously they still have a lot of talent but this will not be an easy adjustment for their players. Only 1 game to get used to it before they play us.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
The big thing in my mind is the first half. Coming into a game already knowing the signs with 100% certainty is different from stealing them in the game by the 2nd half. Instead of them basically dominating from the start and grabbing a 2 score advantage, it will be even steven much longer into the game. Perhaps their superiority kicks in during 3rd quarter, but I don't think you see domination early now.

What signs are they going to steal that will hurt Penn State?

QB check down because WR either isn't seen open or can't get open?

RB inside run against 8 in the box because the worst passing threat is a check down at or behind the line?

Seriously, Penn State needs more than a high school JV offense for the sign stealing to matter. Not hard to defend an offense that plays 90% of the game within 10 yards of the LOS.

I'm sure Michigan's on-field success the last couple years has helped them recruit talented players. While the sign stealing accusations are concerning, the program has built momentum that should help sustain their performance even without that potential advantage. Even if we do not like it lol.

Ultimately, Michigan's continued success will obviously still depend most on player development and coaching, not stealing signs.

I'm sure Michigan's on-field success the last couple years has helped them recruit talented players. While the sign stealing accusations are concerning, the program has built momentum that should help sustain their performance even without that potential advantage. Even if we do not like it lol.

Ultimately, Michigan's continued success will obviously still depend most on player development and coaching, not stealing signs.
My point is more short term that this may take them getting use to. Im sure at some point vs. TCU they realized "shit" we dont know their signs, lets scrap this. And TCU continued to put up points. They aren't used to not knowing the plays and there will be an adjustment there. But Yes our offense is no TCU of last year and must improve obviously.

My point is more short term that this may take them getting use to. Im sure at some point vs. TCU they realized "shit" we dont know their signs, lets scrap this. And TCU continued to put up points. They aren't used to not knowing the plays and there will be an adjustment there. But Yes our offense is no TCU of last year and must improve obviously.
I gotcha. Yeah imo it could be different but the coaching aspect may be more different than for the players.

Maybe the players won't even know any different since the plays could just resemble where they need to be on a designated play call? Lol the players may just think they're great at "diagnosing" the plays for all we know. 🤣

IMHO, the bigger issue is the distraction that the team will have. Interestingly, they had a bye week so have two weeks to prepare for a night game against Purdue. Then travel to HV for our game at noon. Are they guilty? They probably already know that answer. Will they be sanctioned? will they be allowed to play for a natty? will the coaching staff be around? will they be there next year? should the players start looking to the portal?

IMHO, the bigger issue is the distraction that the team will have. Interestingly, they had a bye week so have two weeks to prepare for a night game against Purdue. Then travel to HV for our game at noon. Are they guilty? They probably already know that answer. Will they be sanctioned? will they be allowed to play for a natty? will the coaching staff be around? will they be there next year? should the players start looking to the portal?s
Yes that as well

Minimal to no impact. They can get 95% plus if the information they need from public sources. If anything it will probably make them run up the score even more.

Reactions: bluehair666
lol, my question is what will your excuse be when UM blows you out at home?...whatever this "sign stealing" turns out to be, psu has heard rumors about it for a year..maybe you should ask frames if he is doing what at least a decent coach would do, like wristbands or sending in plays from the sideline...didn't seem to matter against msu, 49-0, and Michigan could have put up 70 had they wanted to..

Reactions: Davidlondon826
lol, my question is what will your excuse be when UM blows you out at home?...whatever this "sign stealing" turns out to be, psu has heard rumors about it for a year..maybe you should ask frames if he is doing what at least a decent coach would do, like wristbands or sending in plays from the sideline...didn't seem to matter against msu, 49-0, and Michigan could have put up 70 had they wanted to..
It must have been somewhat effective. After all, South Carolina used the information provided by Michigan to beat Tennessee and Clemson. The odds of that happening before the fact were very low.

Also, glad to see you uphold the stereotype of a Michigan fan. It is the only college I would not let my kids attend because of people like you.

It must have been somewhat effective. After all, South Carolina used the information provided by Michigan to beat Tennessee and Clemson. The odds of that happening before the fact were very low.

Also, glad to see you uphold the stereotype of a Michigan fan. It is the only college I would not let my kids attend because of people like you.
He is just doing what stereotypical trolls do. Feeding into it only gives them a chubby. 🤣

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
So they just cheated for fun for all of these years? Got it
If you actually look at what happened, the evidence supporting it you see a rank amateur who has no other path into the college coaching world trying to break in by any means necessary. I doubt they got much out of this. Honestly, it is probably pretty wide spread during the portal era. Heck, Michigan State was likely the most scouted program in the country until last week. Now every school in the country, including ours, is likely sending an army of analysts to every game to scout for players that might hit the portal. There is a huge gaping hole in the rules afterall, which is probably how Michigan gets out of any real consequences as well.

So they just cheated for fun for all of these years? Got it
obviously coaches think that there is some advantage, that's why everybody at every level does it..most comments by coaches willing to go on record, such as brian kelly, are pretty adamant that the advantage is marginal at best..only the anonymous "sources" are clutching their pearls and saying that it is a game changer..any fan or coach who claims that "sign stealing" is the sole reason that they lost a game is grasping at straws..like i said, give frames another extension, please..

I think the tweet requires some context. 2013 through 2016 were with Georgia State. Georgia State's first year of football was 2010. They played in D1A from the get go. Moving from 110th in year 3 of the program to 54th is damn good. 2021 was his one year with Vanderbilt. The author is fool.
Ahh we finally found out who your favorite team is. I was wondering for a while.

IMHO, the bigger issue is the distraction that the team will have. Interestingly, they had a bye week so have two weeks to prepare for a night game against Purdue. Then travel to HV for our game at noon. Are they guilty? They probably already know that answer. Will they be sanctioned? will they be allowed to play for a natty? will the coaching staff be around? will they be there next year? should the players start looking to the portal?
Are they guilty? Probably not as a team. The analyst probably is though. The story being told by the evidence in the press is he was rogue.

Will they be sanctioned? End of the day, they probably get a secondary violation. I highly doubt the analyst was operating with concept from high given how little effort that went into covering his tracks.

Will they be allowed to play for a natty? Absolutely, if they win out. The NCAA process takes months to play out.

Will the coaching staff be around? Absolutely.

Last edited:
Ahh we finally found out who your favorite team is. I was wondering for a while.
Not to defend him but the OP and original author of it isn't providing enough info
The Georgia State information is accurate and important as is him being at Vandy
This year's number is also inflated because they haven't played anyone with a pulse. It's important to provide all information so people don't jump to conclusions. It would be different if he was at Michigan the full time.

I was born and raised in State College. Graduated with a marketing degree. Why do you hate PSU so much then? I'm tough on the squad but you? Just awful to listen to on here.
You realize people think you hate Penn State to, right? lol
Honestly, usually his takes are...interesting...but why did confirming where Minter worked during those seasons set you off?

John Donovans resume at Vandy was more impressive than this fraud.
John Donovan hadn't coached in the NFL at that point. What's with the fraud stuff?
I'm not sure why you can't acknowledge that stats at Georgia State and Vanderbilt wouldn't be reflective of how he'd do at Michigan.

I will come out and state that I am a Michigan fan looking at the opinions on different boards. The common denominator is the film. People who are good at football should be able to break the game tapes down and should have been able to comment months ago if Michigan was winning RPS(Rock, Paper, Scissors). The guys who run mgoblog make a living analyzing every play. They have been breaking game tape down for decades. Are they coaches? No! But they are one of the few independent blog sites where one can make a living running the blog. They have gotten pretty good. I have not seen any evidence that the UM defense just had another teams number from the start other than your James Franklin who is notorious for offensive transparency.

I would love to see someone point out a game in 2021-2022 where UM defensive players were in the right place every time. Look at the OSU game from last year. OSU scores the first two times. The only reason why they did not score a 3rd time in a row is Ryan Day going James Franklin. UM was vulnerable to running the football, especially with Mike Morris out. If you want to throw on 4th and 2, how about a play setting up the best player in college football in Marvin Harrison or any of those 5 star recruits. Instead Day chose the 5th option Stover who was covered by a DE whose best skill was dropping into coverage defending TE's. After that play, I just started laughing and felt pretty good that Day was going to start choking. That loss was on him.

If UM had OSU's plays figured out, why did OSU come out killing it? The game only became a game because Ryan Day and his staff called a bad game when they had Michigan on the ropes. They ran every play on offense as if it were 4th and 4 and every defensive snap as if it were 4th and 2.

Maybe this Stallion guy did exactly what people said. If he did, I don't think it moved the needle. Michigan defense is the same concepts as the Ravens. They want to confuse the QB. They are less concerned about the call as much as just making sure the QB is confused. I would also think that a run/pass option is the easiest sign to change up. I would expect some signs to change up every possession.

I have no idea if that’s him or not.

MSU opened at home Friday, 9/1. Michigan opened at home Saturday, 9/2. It’s an easy enough drive to make both games.
Guy who looks identical to him, wearing sunglasses at 7 pm kickoff, lol. There were rumors that Stalions was on the opposing sidelines of future opponents.

Guy who looks identical to him, wearing sunglasses at 7 pm kickoff, lol. There were rumors that Stalions was on the opposing sidelines of future opponents.

It should be easy enough to confirm with Central Michigan.

As for the sunglasses at night, it’s all too common now for me to read too much into that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT