ADVERTISEMENT

I’m calling it now…

Bartlet at 141 is beginning to look a little beastly. Winning 9 out of 10 isn't a given, but neither is it farfetched as your 8 / 10 prediction indicates.

Iowa will show up prepared to push, shove and fight their rears off. Penn State will show up prepared to wrestle hard.
Beastly against guys ranked 15 and below. Woods will be the only highly ranked wrestler he will face until the Big 10 tourney. If he beats Woods, then he’s beastly.

Beastly against guys ranked 15 and below. Woods will be the only highly ranked wrestler he will face until the Big 10 tourney. If he beats Woods, then he’s beastly.
I did say beginning to look beastly. I will be more surprised if Bartlett doesn't beat Woods than I will be if SVN doesn't beat Murin, and SVN is beating Murin.

Could happen, but perhaps a bit optimistic.

149 and 165 are both toss-ups IMO; you have PSU winning both.
PSU is only a slight favorite at 197 and 285.
And PSU may not major at 174 or 184.

I'd say a more likely score is 23-12, PSU, but could be closer, say 20-15. It's not crazy to think that this could come down to the last couple bouts.

You think Starrocci majoring Brands is optimistic? LMFAO, the reality is, Brands keeping it to only a major is optimistic imho.

You think Starrocci majoring Brands is optimistic? LMFAO, the reality is, Brands keeping it to only a major is optimistic imho.
#2 Labriola beat Brands 3-2 yesterday. In fact, Brands has only been majored once in his career by Devin Cane from North Carolina at NCAA’s in 2021. That includes only losing 14-8 to Aaron Brooks. It’s not out of the question he holds it to a decision.

Reactions: Gebmo
#2 Labriola beat Brands 3-2 yesterday. In fact, Brands has only been majored once in his career by Devin Cane from North Carolina at NCAA’s in 2021. That includes only losing 14-8 to Aaron Brooks. It’s not out of the question he holds it to a decision.

Where did I say anything about Brands not being able to hold Labriola to a DEC???? Are you really comparing Labriola to Starrocci in terms of ability to beat, major, TF or pin an opponent???? LMFAO. Dream on Squackeye.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Where did I say anything about Brands not being able to hold Labriola to a DEC???? Are you really comparing Labriola to Starrocci in terms of ability to beat, major, TF or pin an opponent???? LMFAO. Dream on Squackeye.
Well Starocci has faced Labriola twice. Beat 3-1 and 6-1. Numbers are in favor of Starocci winning by decision.

Not @jmadden1998 but to answer your question, yes Starocci and Labs are extremely comparable in MOV.

Don't get it twisted, I would take Starocci to win h2h every time. Strictly talking winning margin against others.

Not @jmadden1998 but to answer your question, yes Starocci and Labs are extremely comparable in MOV.

Don't get it twisted, I would take Starocci to win h2h every time. Strictly talking winning margin against others.

Labriola is not even in the same zipcode as Starrocci in terms of being a dynamic wrestler. Labriola's best quality is Defense and is what he uses when wrestling against other elite wrestlers (i.e., wrestling against other potential AA wrestlers) - he is an awful wrestler from Neutral against "elite" competition - and intentionally so.

The only place this bullshit "stalling routine" from Neutral is promoted as great wrestling is some pockets of Folkstyle wrestling (including the b1g West of PA). The only way Brands holds it to a DEC is if he does his typical runaway or hangon for dear life stalling routine in Neutral. I doubt that will even keep it to a DEC as Starrocci will work him like a ragdoll and he'll be fit for slaughter by the 3rd.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
Labriola is not even in the same zipcode as Starrocci in terms of being a dynamic wrestler. Labriola's best quality is Defense and is what he uses when wrestling against other elite wrestlers (i.e., wrestling against other potential AA wrestlers) - he is an awful wrestler from Neutral against "elite" competition - and intentionally so.

The only place this bullshit "stalling routine" from Neutral is promoted as great wrestling is some pockets of Folkstyle wrestling (including the b1g West of PA). The only way Brands holds it to a DEC is if he does his typical runaway or hangon for dear life stalling routine in Neutral. I doubt that will even keep it to a DEC as Starrocci will work him like a ragdoll and he'll be fit for slaughter by the 3rd.

IOW, the only way Brands holds it to a DEC is if he wrestles to lose but only by DEC (i.e., stalls his sorry ass off).

"Labriola only beat Brands 3-2".... this is the type of bullshit snoozefest stall-fest bullshit wrestling that is labeled awesome wrestling by many Folk-enthusiasts that gives Folk a bad name in real wrestling (i.e., International Free).

Reactions: ccdiver
IOW, the only way Brands holds it to a DEC is if he wrestles to lose but only by DEC (i.e., stalls his sorry ass off).

"Labriola only beat Brands 3-2".... this is the type of bullshit snoozefest stall-fest bullshit wrestling that is labeled awesome wrestling by many Folk-enthusiasts that gives Folk a bad name in real wrestling (i.e., International Free).

Listen jackass, if Brands comes out to wrestle from the opening whistle to actually wrestle and win the match - he's getting his ass kicked. If he comes out to do the loser stall-fest....shorten the match..... keep it a close loss..... bullshit -- he's still going to get worked on the mat. Maybe we'll get a Ref that will call Neutral stalling... Brands probably gets DQ'ed if so.

Listen jackass, if Brands comes out to wrestle from the opening whistle to actually wrestle and win the match - he's getting his ass kicked. If he comes out to do the loser stall-fest....shorten the match..... keep it a close loss..... bullshit -- he's still going to get worked on the mat. Maybe we'll get a Ref that will call Neutral stalling... Brands probably gets DQ'ed if so.
You could change 2 words and make this indistinguishable from an ironbird post.

• Haha
Reactions: SCub and 7brwnpsu
9-4 Brooks, a lot of ties and stalling, 4 TD & 1 Escape to 4 releases. Maybe 7-3 same logic, just more boring.

Spencer PIN 6-0
RBY MAJ 6-4
Woods DEC 9-4
SVN DEC 9-7
Haines DEC 9-10
Kennedy DEC 12-10
Starocci DEC 12-13
Brooks MAJ 12-17
Dean DEC 12-20
Kirk DEC 12-23

Spencer PIN 6-0
RBY MAJ 6-4
Woods DEC 9-4
SVN DEC 9-7
Haines DEC 9-10
Kennedy DEC 12-10
Starocci DEC 12-13
Brooks MAJ 12-17
Dean DEC 12-20
Kirk DEC 12-23
Did you pick Kennedy because you just couldnt get yourself to pick 7 consecutive wins?

I ask because that’s what I did haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Creek Side
Therein lies the problem, Brands will not wrestle to win, or even to score a takedown. His only goal will be to keep it to a decision, so brace yourself for some caveman wrestling.

Lee will win his match but he will not be beating Steen....
I would love to see a forfeit at 125. Iowa feeds off his big starts so it would take away some of their momentum right out of the gate. Not sure the coaches would go for it though.

Pretty much a given that the 4 young horses of the appocalypse will determine the outcome.

Bartlett, SVN, Haynes, Facundo could arguably go anywhere from 4-0 to 0-4. My gut says 2-2 or 3-1. Beau taking out Real is asking a lot, but he is our most experienced young gun, so he should be ready.
For those 4, the worst outcome is 1-3. Siebrecht is not in the same galaxy as Haines.

Most likely is 2-2 or 3-1.

I love Bartlett, and I hope I’m wrong, but I see Woods winning and it’s not very close.
I will grant that we really don't know yet what we have with Beau this year given the competition. Is he a top 8 AA or a top 4 guy?

No doubt this match will be the litmus test.

I don't see Real manhandling him to a major or anything like that. Beau is a great defensive wrestler and he only has 2 major losses in his history up a weight to Gomez and Yanni. The rest are mostly 1-2 point losses.

I would guess this will be a 1-3 point decision with Beau a 1 in 3 or 4 chance of taking him out.

Reactions: champlion
I love Bartlett, and I hope I’m wrong, but I see Woods winning and it’s not very close.

I think Woods will win, but I disagree with you that it won't be close. Bartlett has elite defensive skills - and are his strength. I see Bartlett losing a low scoring 1-point match..... or a SV 2-point loss..... TB loss..... type match.

To clarify: I’m picturing a 4-2 or 5-3 match but with the outcome never really in doubt.

As I said, I’m hoping I get to eat crow next week!

Reactions: champlion
I think Woods will win, but I disagree with you that it won't be close. Bartlett has elite defensive skills - and are his strength. I see Bartlett losing a low scoring 1-point match..... or a SV 2-point loss..... TB loss..... type match.
Kind of like Nelson Brands who has only been majored once. He will keep Starocci to a decision.

I suspect sarcasm, but from my pov yes, I don't see Carter getting an 8+ point differential off Brands' typical style of wrestling.
This is in relation to another thread where bushwood guarantees that Starocci will destroy Brands and it will be at least a MD.

ADVERTISEMENT