ADVERTISEMENT

I’m calling it now…

Brands has only been majored once? How many times has Brands ever wrestled Starocci?
Even counting that one time Brands wrestled Brooks and was winning until Brooks had his points explosion to eventually win going away, Brands has never wrestled anything similar to this year's Starocci.
Starocci will at a minimum major Brands. The question is does he tech him or pin him. Here's hoping Brands bears his fangs.

Reactions: danoftw
Nelson I think gave up bonus when he got cradled in 2021. He is pretty good at avoiding bonus. Think he lost like 4-2 to Hayden Hidlay last year.

Reactions: Fatmarc
This is in relation to another thread where bushwood guarantees that Starocci will destroy Brands and it will be at least a MD.

I "guranteed" - no I didn't asshole. The poster I responded to said he didn't see anything better than a DEC - I said I saw a MAJ or worse. I guess Iowa douchebags are the only people permitted to express their opinions without having them distorted - go figure. LMFAO.

Last edited:
Brands has only been majored once? How many times has Brands ever wrestled Starocci?
Even counting that one time Brands wrestled Brooks and was winning until Brooks had his points explosion to eventually win going away, Brands has never wrestled anything similar to this year's Starocci.
Starocci will at a minimum major Brands. The question is does he tech him or pin him. Here's hoping Brands bears his fangs.
Yes. Against Devin Kane from North Carolina at the 2021 NCAA tourney. Has 6 point losses to Brooks and Montalvo from Oklahoma. Lost to Hidlay 4-2.

Yes. Against Devin Kane from North Carolina at the 2021 NCAA tourney. Has 6 point losses to Brooks and Montalvo from Oklahoma. Lost to Hidlay 4-2.
As I said, Nelson has never wrestled anybody like this year's Starocci edition. Major is a minimum, a tech or fall would not be surprising.
A Brands attitude that would ignite that special Starocci response would entertain me.

Reactions: danoftw
As I said, Nelson has never wrestled anybody like this year's Starocci edition. Major is a minimum, a tech or fall would not be surprising.
A Brands attitude that would ignite that special Starocci response would entertain me.
We will see on Friday.

With us spotting Iowa a big lead to begin, and what I would consider essentially toss-ups at 141, 149, maybe 157, 165, 197 and 285 ... methinks our Iowa buddies are a lot more confident than they are letting on.

Reactions: Fatmarc and danoftw
With us spotting Iowa a big lead to begin, and what I would consider essentially toss-ups at 141, 149, maybe 157, 165, 197 and 285 ... methinks our Iowa buddies are a lot more confident than they are letting on.

Certainly wasn't born of their performance @Wisconsin today. 18-18 win on Criteria 3 - Total Points Scored.

I like Haines here, but Siebrecht is unconventional and likes to funk. Might be closer than you think.

Haines' demonstrated some pretty crazy "funk" himself against Lewan. Not concerned at all about Siebrecht out-funking Haines after that Lewan display.

Reactions: Ski
Haines' demonstrated some pretty crazy "funk" himself against Lewan. Not concerned at all about Siebrecht out-funking Haines after that Lewan display.
Haines exhibited some really nice defense against Lewan, but apparently you and I have different standards regarding "funk".

Reactions: Fatmarc
I think Iowa wins 125 fall 141, 149 and one of the last two weights dang they could win 165 too. This will be a good dual. Just my thoughts but Penn State doesn't win 8 of 10 or 9 of 10.
I agree. Spencer is wrestling lights out and looks for certain to get 6. He is on a rampage this year. 41, 49, 57, 65, 97 and 285 are super close bouts. Kerk beat Cass last time but that was still a close bout and he lost 3 times to him last year. Warner might be struggling now but see him and Dean being razor close again. Facundo and Kennedy is a pick ‘em. Haines a slight favorite over Cobe. Murin a slight favorite over SVN. Woods a slight favorite over Bartlett.

My opinion one of RBY, Carter and AB need to get bonus and off set the damage Spencer will get.

Will be a great dual. Can’t wait. Hopefully everyone is healthy enough to wrestle on both sides.

Haines exhibited some really nice defense against Lewan, but apparently you and I have different standards regarding "funk".

Funk is scrambling ability.... Haines demonstrated very good scrambling ability in the Lewan match. His REV for 2 that got wiped out by Challenge was magician like.

Last edited:
Funk is scrambling ability.... Haines demonstrated very good scrambling ability in the Lewan match. His REV for 2 that got wiped out by Challenge was magician like.
Funny, I don't recall a Haines reversal versus Lewan that was wiped out by challenge. Hmm.

Funny, I don't recall a Haines reversal versus Lewan that was wiped out by challenge. Hmm.

Yea, I'm sorry confused end of match with AF against Amine. But Levi did some incredible scrambling to avoid a couple Lewan TDs late in regulation and early in SV before recording his own clean TD for the win.

Don't worry folks, you can stop arguing. I've posted the official match results in advance:

125 Lee FALL Steen 6-0 Iowa

133 RBY maj. Teske 6-4 Iowa
-Teetered on this one a bit. I could see Teske holding this to 3, but RBY will be pushing for bonus and is so talented. Ideally, RBY wastes a lot of time riding.

141 Woods dec. Bartlett 9-4 Iowa
-This will be a lot closer than many of us want, but Woods gets it done.

149 Murin dec. SVN 12-4 Iowa
-Absolute dog fight incoming. I think Murin finds a way to win a brawl. Coin flip.

157 Siebrecht dec. Haines 15-4 Iowa
-I don't really have a rationale for this. Weird stuff happens. I think Siebrecht wins a couple scrambles and/or catches him for some nearfall.

165 Facundo dec. Kennedy 15-7 Iowa
-PK will be in 2-3 times, but not finish. Facundo will either catch him chasing late with a duck or turn one of the scrambles into his own takedown. HR will be hot about stalling over this one and will have a case.

174 Starocci dec. Brands 15-10 Iowa
-If it's not Brands, it's 4 minimum. Nelson is hard to bonus, but won't threaten in this match. It will be a brawl though.

184 Brooks dec. Assad 15-13 Iowa
-Brooks is 0-2 in bonus for this match up and hasn't looked quite right this year to me. Very one sided decision here.

197 Dean dec. Warner 16-15 PSU
- Warner isn't wrestling well right now. Winnable, but not picking it. Not overly panicked about Warner though.

285 Kerkvliet dec. Cassioppi 19-15 PSU FINAL
-I think the days of Cass winning this match are over unfortunately. I put him on a tier below Kerk/Parris as the "best of the rest."

Reactions: RealMicah
Until Kerk bears Cass several times in a row, and more decisively than he did at the All Star match, I would say all three are toss-ups. I have Haines and SVN winning though ;-)

Don't worry folks, you can stop arguing. I've posted the official match results in advance:

125 Lee FALL Steen 6-0 Iowa

133 RBY maj. Teske 6-4 Iowa
-Teetered on this one a bit. I could see Teske holding this to 3, but RBY will be pushing for bonus and is so talented. Ideally, RBY wastes a lot of time riding.

141 Woods dec. Bartlett 9-4 Iowa
-This will be a lot closer than many of us want, but Woods gets it done.

149 Murin dec. SVN 12-4 Iowa
-Absolute dog fight incoming. I think Murin finds a way to win a brawl. Coin flip.

157 Siebrecht dec. Haines 15-4 Iowa
-I don't really have a rationale for this. Weird stuff happens. I think Siebrecht wins a couple scrambles and/or catches him for some nearfall.

165 Facundo dec. Kennedy 15-7 Iowa
-PK will be in 2-3 times, but not finish. Facundo will either catch him chasing late with a duck or turn one of the scrambles into his own takedown. HR will be hot about stalling over this one and will have a case.

174 Starocci dec. Brands 15-10 Iowa
-If it's not Brands, it's 4 minimum. Nelson is hard to bonus, but won't threaten in this match. It will be a brawl though.

184 Brooks dec. Assad 15-13 Iowa
-Brooks is 0-2 in bonus for this match up and hasn't looked quite right this year to me. Very one sided decision here.

197 Dean dec. Warner 16-15 PSU
- Warner isn't wrestling well right now. Winnable, but not picking it. Not overly panicked about Warner though.

285 Kerkvliet dec. Cassioppi 19-15 PSU FINAL
-I think the days of Cass winning this match are over unfortunately. I put him on a tier below Kerk/Parris as the "best of the rest."
I don’t think you are factoring in home mat / crowd advantage. Understandable since Iowa hasn’t wrestled in State College for decades.

Yea, I'm sorry confused end of match with AF against Amine. But Levi did some incredible scrambling to avoid a couple Lewan TDs late in regulation and early in SV before recording his own clean TD for the win.
giphy.gif

125 Spencer Fall - I'm enjoying this version of Spencer. Anything under 6 is a victory for Gary.
133 RBY MD - He will turn it up a notch for this match and it me be worse for Iowa than we think.
141 Woods Dec - This should be exciting. I don't see Bartlett getting tilted.
149 Murin Dec - If SVN can win the scrambles, I see this going the other way.
157 Haines Fall - These two get into a weird sequence and this time, Cobe is on the wrong end of it.
165 Facundo Dec - I see a Kennedy/Hamiti match replay here.
174 Starocci Dec - Controlling, ugly match here.
184 Brooks Dec - I doubt Brooks gets bonus here, unless it's by pin. (recency bias)
197 Dean MD - Warner looses focus and gives up NF via the bow and arrow.
285 Cassioppi Dec - Tony gets the 3rd period takedown and ride out he needs to pull out the win.

PSU 23-15

Reactions: RealMicah
I don’t think you are factoring in home mat / crowd advantage. Understandable since Iowa hasn’t wrestled in State College for decades.
That is not true, they wrestle in State College every time the Big Ten forces them to wrestle in State College. They just don’t fulfill their gentleman’s agreement and wrestle there when not forced.

I don’t see it with Siebrecht. I can see Haines punishing him on top. Iowa has to get all of 141-165 or they are in trouble. First tiebreaker is match wins, so it could have us going 6-4 in matches and counteracting Spencer’s pin. I’m thinking we get 133,157,174,184 and 197 with 1 of 141,149,165, HWT

That is not true, they wrestle in State College every time the Big Ten forces them to wrestle in State College. They just don’t fulfill their gentleman’s agreement and wrestle there when not forced.
TNT…

The squackeye posters are spouting their mantra about Van Ness, Haines and Facundo going 0-3 because they can't bear to face the fact that if these 3 FR continue their emergence, including a 3-0 performance against the Squackeyes, it will be the harbinger of the new, and latest, foundation of PSU's Dynasty extension.

Remember when these nimrod used to say that PSU would fall back to the pack after Taylor and Nolf graduated?

I don’t see it with Siebrecht. I can see Haines punishing him on top. Iowa has to get all of 141-165 or they are in trouble. First tiebreaker is match wins, so it could have us going 6-4 in matches and counteracting Spencer’s pin. I’m thinking we get 133,157,174,184 and 197 with 1 of 141,149,165, HWT

The chances that Iowa goes 0-4 at 41 through 65 are far, far higher than Iowa going 4-0. These squakeye posters are just spouting this bullshit because they can't bear to face the reality of the emergence of PSU's next group of young guns. The chances that Brands gets Majored, or worse, are far higher than him holding it to a simple DEC imho. Brands has never wrestled anyone in the same zipcode as where Starrocci is at this point in his career. Brands let's Starocci get his hands on him, he's going to get put into the meat-grinder.

My question is does Brands ever wrestle? 😂

The chances that Iowa goes 0-4 at 41 through 65 are far, far higher than Iowa going 4-0. These squakeye posters are just spouting this bullshit because they can't bear to face the reality of the emergence of PSU's next group of young guns. The chances that Brands gets Majored, or worse, are far higher than him holding it to a simple DEC imho. Brands has never wrestled anyone in the same zipcode as where Starrocci is at this point in his career. Brands let's Starocci get his hands on him, he's going to get put into the meat-grinder.
So you are saying they have Brands biting off more than he can chew? I hope he tries the dirty stuff with Carter. It would be FUN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT