ADVERTISEMENT

I’m sickened by what I witnessed tonight

68-E4-B25-A-4871-4-B2-E-B94-D-867-A23-CFEEB1.jpg
This is the smartest thing you’ll say all night.

Iowa fans are smart. We can tell when players are faking injuries to slow down the offense, which most of the PSU “injuries” were tonight. It’s the old Dantonio move. Never thought PSU would stoop that low (actually, check that, you’ve done worse), but here we are. As for Clifford, he’s good, but fragile. Iowa exposed him tonight. Don’t feel bad, it’s what we do to opposing QB’s. Take care.
Good grief. Please go back to your cornfield.

I have recovered some. Because of the crowd an their behavior I went nuts losing this game. We should have won comfortably as we had better gameplan and execution. Hope Clifford and Mustipher get better quickly and we take it to OSU. I think D got tired because O just didn't go and no big men. Both 97 and 91 were out. Tough night, but we still control our future. Tough spot for Roberson, but I'm sure he learned a lot. First team reps in practice will help with communication with line. He throws a nice ball and does not look flustered in the pocket.

Iowa fans are smart. We can tell when players are faking injuries to slow down the offense, which most of the PSU “injuries” were tonight. It’s the old Dantonio move. Never thought PSU would stoop that low (actually, check that, you’ve done worse), but here we are. As for Clifford, he’s good, but fragile. Iowa exposed him tonight. Don’t feel bad, it’s what we do to opposing QB’s. Take care.
Ummm... PSU was playing with tempo, not Iowa. You were not pushing the tempo, therefore no need to take multiple key players off the field to slow it down. Not only are your fans classless, but they lack a football IQ as well. Thank you for demonstrating such

“ Iowa fans “ and “ smart “ were used in the same sentence.
You guys will really distinguish yourselves someday by booing a player being carted off on a backboard.

Slow down their offense? Really? It’s used to slow down high tempo offenses, not offenses that huddle you dumb ass.

“ Iowa fans “ and “ smart “ were used in the same sentence.
You guys will really distinguish yourselves someday by booing a player being carted off on a backboard.
But you see, Dantonio did it to Iowa once. Years ago. This makes it all ok, get it?

This. Iowa fans are particularly sensitive to the tactic because of Dantonio doing it. (MSU players even admitted it years later).

At one point tonight, Iowa averaged 14.5 ypp when a psu player was injured, and 3.6 ypp overall.

You may not like it, but this is why Iowa fans are sensitive to this tactic. Especially when time after time players are healed 1 play later.
But it’s not used against offenses that huddle up….it’s used to slow down no huddle, high tempo offenses. Maybe you guys should learn about football before you get sensitive about something. PSU has never done it against OSU, why would we implement it against Iowa?

Reactions: A2Nit
You didn’t hit him enough to do anything. Injuries happen.

meh. Our students would do the same thing. I agree that it is classless but it’s certainly not unique to Iowa nor are we immune to such stuff from our fan base
Sorry but this was more than our students would do - and btw, it wasn’t “students” who were doing it - it was grown ass Iowa supposed adults who were doing it - again, embarrassing 🙈

Where we “sit” has nothing to do with it

Booing opposing teams injuries is as low class as it gets - it has nothing to do with winning or losing

TV showed your fans booing and mocking Clifford as he was walking to the locker room - I was really kind of embarrassed “for” you because it made your fan base look like idiots on National TV 📺

Congrats on the win - but you totally embarrassed yourselves - good for you !
But they wave to kids, so all is good.

I've been to Iowa City for games twice (2012/2017). Their fans are, by far, more interested in "discussing Sandusky" (e.g., giving Penn State fans a hard time) then any other B1G fanbase. Shoot, from my personal experiences, they're the only other B1G fanbase which acts that way. I've been to several dozen PSU road games since the Sandusky story broke.

Iowa fans do have a high opinion of themselves. Fair enough, but it's not a place I'm overly keen on visiting again. I thought about driving out there for this one, but I didn't.

FWIW, I've always had a good time in Columbus. I've always enjoyed their fans and seeing PSU @ OSU games.

Last edited:
Ebiketie wasn't injured. He jogged casually behind the play from the other side of the field as Tyler Goodson ran for 18 yards. He didn't get hit at all. At the end of the play he literally just sat down on the turf and waited for the trainers to come over. He eventually got up and walked off the field without even a slight limp and was back in after sitting out four plays. It was a tactical "injury" timeout.

Ebiketie wasn't injured. He jogged casually behind the play from the other side of the field as Tyler Goodson ran for 18 yards. He didn't get hit at all. At the end of the play he literally just sat down on the turf and waited for the trainers to come over. He eventually got up and walked off the field without even a slight limp and was back in after sitting out four plays. It was a tactical "injury" timeout.
👍 Thanks again

Why in the world would we have our best DLineman ( when we already lost our second best DLineman) fake an injury? Why wouldn’t we have a less important player do it? We also had our All American DB go down and then come back in….I guess he was faking it too. You’re not very smart.

Why in the world would we have our best DLineman ( when we already lost our second best DLineman) fake an injury? Why wouldn’t we have a less important player do it? We also had our All American DB go down and then come back in….I guess he was faking it too. You’re not very smart.
Watch the play again and tell me where he got injured. It happened with about 5:30 left in the 3rd quarter. He literally just sat down at the end of the play.

But it’s not used against offenses that huddle up….it’s used to slow down no huddle, high tempo offenses. Maybe you guys should learn about football before you get sensitive about something. PSU has never done it against OSU, why would we implement it against Iowa?
Not saying PSU did or didn't use it. We'll find out years down the road I'm sure. It's used to kill momentum, huddle or no. If it wasn't used, good, if it was, I'm glad it didn't work. That's all. I certainly understand the suspicion by fans in the stadium.

Watch the play again and tell me where he got injured. It happened with about 5:30 left in the 3rd quarter. He literally just sat down at the end of the play.
Happens all the time….we can’t see where they got hurt, but it doesn’t mean they’re not. If we were going to use it as a tactic, we wouldn’t have had that player do it.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
This. Iowa fans are particularly sensitive to the tactic because of Dantonio doing it. (MSU players even admitted it years later).

At one point tonight, Iowa averaged 14.5 ypp when a psu player was injured, and 3.6 ypp overall.

You may not like it, but this is why Iowa fans are sensitive to this tactic. Especially when time after time players are healed 1 play later.
Please gfy.

Thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: Zenophile
Yeah - I saw several of your gap-toothed geniuses on TV today.

Ebiketie isn't the type of player who jogs casually behind a play. It's not uncommon to see him make tackles downfield. If he was in fact jogging behind the play, that tells me something was up with him. You obviously haven't seen him play very much.

Reactions: ouirpsu
Happens all the time….we can’t see where they got hurt, but it doesn’t mean they’re not. If we were going to use it as a tactic, we wouldn’t have had that player do it.
We can't see where he got hurt because he didn't get hurt. He had no trouble jogging behind the play and then after Goodson was tackled he literally just sat down. He eventually walked off the field with no trouble at all and was back in after sitting out four plays. I have no idea why he did it but it's pretty obvious he wasn't injured, at least not badly enough that it warranted stopping play. And that's why Iowa fans were upset.

Ebiketie isn't the type of player who jogs casually behind a play. It's not uncommon to see him make tackles downfield. If he was in fact jogging behind the play, that tells me something was up with him. You obviously haven't seen him play very much.
Perhaps "something was up" with him but he clearly wasn't injured enough that it warranted stopping play. He could have easily jogged off the field after the play, but instead he chose to sit down and essentially give Penn State a free timeout.

We can't see where he got hurt because he didn't get hurt. He had no trouble jogging behind the play and then after Goodson was tackled he literally just sat down. He eventually walked off the field with no trouble at all and was back in after sitting out four plays. I have no idea why he did it but it's pretty obvious he wasn't injured, at least not badly enough that it warranted stopping play. And that's why Iowa fans were upset.
You have no idea what was wrong with him. He’s not going to sit out four plays for no reason. Maybe he hurt something on an earlier play and it flared up. Your offense doesn’t move fast enough for any team to fake injuries to slow it down. Don’t you see the stupidity in that?

Reactions: NittPicker
You have no idea what was wrong with him. He’s not going to sit out four plays for no reason. Maybe he hurt something on an earlier play and it flared up. Your offense doesn’t move fast enough for any team to fake injuries to slow it down. Don’t you see the stupidity in that?
Evidently it moves fast enough that he just couldn't get off the field without sitting down on the turf to force an injury timeout instead of simply jogging back to the sidelines in favor of a substitute.

Reactions: sob5 and ThriceHawk
No, he doesn’t see the stupidity in his statement. Iowa players never are injured. Except while celebrating a play. When no one hit him. Wait, err, never mind.

Reactions: We Are . . .
Evidently it moves fast enough that he just couldn't get off the field without sitting down on the turf to force an injury timeout instead of simply jogging back to the sidelines in favor of a substitute.
Keep living in your fantasy land.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT