ADVERTISEMENT

I’m sickened by what I witnessed tonight

Clifford was on pace to throw 7 interceptions when he was knocked out. Penn State fans conveniently ignore that for some reason. Iowa’s defense consistently plays better and gets stops as the game goes along. At any rate, a fun game to watch. Good luck the rest of the season.
Funny. He was averaging a TD for everyone INT. So by your own logic, PSU would’ve blown Iowa out of the water had he stayed in the game.

Even the announcer was calling out PSU for the injuries. You guys can call Iowa fans low class for booing, just like we can call Penn State low class for faking the injuries.

Reactions: mmotto
Funny. He was averaging a TD for everyone INT. So by your own logic, PSU would’ve blown Iowa out of the water had he stayed in the game.

My point, and I guess I have to spell it out for the simpletons on this board, is that many of you correlate his strong start in yards and touchdowns to a continued pattern through the game, ignoring the interceptions as if they wouldn’t continue. My take is that he would continue to throw the interceptions without the success. Iowa has significant history of clamping down on opponent passers in the second half of games. You choose to ignore that. So be it. You lost.

Enjoy your trip to the Outback bowl. If you get Clifford back and can win some games.

Even the announcer was calling out PSU for the injuries. You guys can call Iowa fans low class for booing, just like we can call Penn State low class for faking the injuries.

The announcer was completely unprofessional for saying what he said and actually admitted that his own theory about faking injuries didn't make any sense when you consider the value of the players who supposedly were faking. Of course, as has been pointed out repeatedly, how about your booing of injuries for the PSU players that never returned? Fake injuries there too?

• Haha
Reactions: szohn
The announcer was completely unprofessional for saying what he said and actually admitted that his own theory about faking injuries didn't make any sense when you consider the value of the players who supposedly were faking. Of course, as has been pointed out repeatedly, how about your booing of injuries for the PSU players that never returned? Fake injuries there too?
Nobody said all of PSU's injurys were fake.

Reactions: szohn
the whole faking injuries claim is ludicrous, and pinning your thoughts about it to Joel freaking Klatt is even more ridiculous

tell me geniuses, where is the evidence that Penn State has EVER done this before against, you know, actual good offenses?

now tell me why we would against Spencer freaking Petras and that lollipop squad

Reactions: nits74 and PSU621
the whole faking injuries claim is ludicrous, and pinning your thoughts about it to Joel freaking Klatt is even more ridiculous

tell me geniuses, where is the evidence that Penn State has EVER done this before against, you know, actual good offenses?

now tell me why we would against Spencer freaking Petras and that lollipop squad
Franklin at Vandy like clockwork !
Why dd he think it necessary to mention it in his post game interview ?

Franklin at Vandy? Are you kidding me?

was he playing Spencer Penix the second coming of Graham Mertz at the time? Dear lord you should just go sit in your damned corn fields or whatever you do out there. Enjoy this "top five" team, maybe take a picture of yourself holding the headline in the local paper or something. Then twenty years from now when you get back up there you can remember what it was like way back in 2021

Congratulations on maintaining a perfect streak of making stuff up. You can't name any times he's done it at PSU, so you claim he did it at Vandy. Honestly, do you think anyone believes you know anything about what he did at Vandy?

Franklin mentioned it in press conference because fans booing injured players is pretty rare and considered classless. You know it, so you come up with a lame excuse about faked injuries ignoring the fact that those booed included the starting QB and a key defensive player who didn't return. I guess they booed them because the Iowa fans have special understanding that key opposition players leaving the game injured is part of some otherwise evil plan and they, therefore, deserve to be booed.

Last edited:
Maybe it should never be used
But Franklin has a track record of doing it
WHO wouldn’t boo a fake injury ??
Seeemss like a lot of 5 star prima donnas
I’ve asked three times now for one example of when Franklin has done it. You and other dipshit Iowa fans say he has a track record of it, so it shouldn’t be hard to come up with one example. I’ve watched every game Franklin has ever coached at PSU and have never seen it, so I’ll continue to wait.

23-20 by myself this time!
Three times…you’re so talented. Now it’s time to work on your coloring….it’s okay to color outside the lines, but at least get it on the paper instead of the table this time.

My point, and I guess I have to spell it out for the simpletons on this board, is that many of you correlate his strong start in yards and touchdowns to a continued pattern through the game, ignoring the interceptions as if they wouldn’t continue. My take is that he would continue to throw the interceptions without the success. Iowa has significant history of clamping down on opponent passers in the second half of games. You choose to ignore that. So be it. You lost.

Enjoy your trip to the Outback bowl. If you get Clifford back and can win some games.
I felt that you put zero thought into your original post until I read this gem. Yikes. Planes aren’t the only thing that flyover your podunk state. Logic does as well.

Ebiketie isn't the type of player who jogs casually behind a play. It's not uncommon to see him make tackles downfield. If he was in fact jogging behind the play, that tells me something was up with him. You obviously haven't seen him play very much.
He and Brisker have been our best two players.

I have to be honest, I'm trying hard not to ban these Iowa folks, some have been here a while. But damn, when they go wacko and say the nonsense they have. I'm like, wtf is wrong with people? We don't get this much nonsense from Pitt.
That’s because Pitt hardly ever beats us. They’re happy they don’t play us anymore because now they can say they would beat us every year. After all, we play in the lousy Big 10…you know, the conference that Pitt is 3-16 against since 1993.

We sit as college football blue bloods....and you don't.

Yet neither of those data points change the fact that your no class fans booed injured players.
I'm not sure I minded the booing as much as I would have if they were cheering any possible injury .... and that, they did not.

I don’t know if this happened, but pretty much everybody who watched the game on national TV saw Iowa fans booing injured players.
This is who your fans are.
Own it.
i am not an Iowa fan, so objectivity reigns supreme here.

I assure you the F Ball State chant was caught on TV near the end of the game. Wifey is a BSU grad and we just look at each other loike...."wtf"??

Clearly Iowa fans booed when pen st players went down and that is always a risk... but in this case only after the trend became laughable. The TV guys were even commenting on the tactic by pen st.

Franklin has nothing to say when a team decides to play that game on him.

I assure you the F Ball State chant was caught on TV near the end of the game. Wifey is a BSU grad and we just look at each other loike...."wtf"??

Clearly Iowa fans booed when pen st players went down and that is always a risk... but in this case only after the trend became laughable. The TV guys were even commenting on the tactic by pen st.

We lost our best DT, our QB, two RBs, and another major contributor on D. None came back. What is the trend? What’s laughable is your worthless hot take here.

Reactions: Carl Spackler

No Iowa fan has yet explained why Penn State would employ that “tactic” against a slow down, ball control offense yet never employ it against a high tempo offense like Ohio State. And why Penn State would only use their best players to carry it out. When any Iowa fan can explain that, maybe I’ll buy that it was a “tactic”.

TOO much fun watching you act like whiney little girls about what I expected beating your chests before the game and making excused after
'old person'? not any sort 'person'; more like something that might eat "dog sh*t"! That what describes you, ashhole!!!

No Iowa fan has yet explained why Penn State would employ that “tactic” against a slow down, ball control offense yet never employ it against a high tempo offense like Ohio State. And why Penn State would only use their best players to carry it out. When any Iowa fan can explain that, maybe I’ll buy that it was a “tactic”.

Five of our seven injured players did not come back to the game. And if you’re gonna stall with a fake injury, you don’t do it with your two best players on D. Corn logic.

Yeah and I should have banged Joan Stevens back in high school. Life works that way sometimes
Was it Joan or George Stevens? Or don't you remember which? Or did you just settle for one the hogs out in the wallow? Sooie!!!!

That's a dumb take. I've seen every game James Franklin has coached at Penn State. He has never employed the fake injury scheme before. But sure, his first time will be against a mediocre offense which does fine slowing itself down. The fans even booed the ball falling off the tee as if that was also a part of the evil Franklin plan. You may not be an Iowa fan but you are every bit as obtuse as they are.

So you correlate that the interceptions would continue (because that benefits you) but that his strong start (which you agree to) won't continue... Why?

Saw a post on here wondering why the vitriol from Iowa, as we are not traditional rivals. I've got the answer: we took their only dominance away from them, their vaunted wrestling team and they no longer have their binky to suck on.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT