ADVERTISEMENT

I still am in shock with Saquon's numbers this year and how JoeMO is using him....

PennsylvaniaPride

Jan 4, 2002
Just can't reconcile the fact we supposedly have our best RB ever, yet he is disappears at times during games. I mean $hit, PSU had 4 rushing yards total after the 1st QTR yesterday. How does this happen?

The worst reason is that teams are selling out and stacking the box to stop Saquon. There are so many one dimensional teams in that they can't pass very well, yet they still get plenty of yards on the ground even though they face 7 or 8 men in the box the entire game. As an example, see Michigan yesterday. Maybe Minnesota feared a freshman QB and dropped all their LB's back in coverage. No that didn't happen, yet Michigan ran all over them. Of course if PSU played Minnesota, PSU probably would have won by 4 TDS BUT have a ton of negative running plays.

It's great we do have an explosive offensive, but all the negatives plays can't be overcome against better defenses or in crunch time. So many damn games Franklin teams have lost because they couldn't hang onto the bowl because they couldn't get a first down.

I do worry about running next year after Saquon is gone. We don't have a great and reliable running game with him. What is it going to be like without him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News