ADVERTISEMENT

In other games

And I said "The best hitter"--not the best power hitter. Bonds and Gwynn are the best pure hitters I've seen in my lifetime.

The topic was why Bonds wasn't being mentioned when he is the record-holder with 73 HRs in a season. Some of it has to do with his record being tainted by roids.

The topic was why Bonds wasn't being mentioned when he is the record-holder with 73 HRs in a season. Some of it has to do with his record being tainted by roids.
And again Bonds is the greatest hitter I've seen in my life. The discussion changed to him using PEDs and discrediting him. They aren't just discrediting the HRs.

And again Bonds is the greatest hitter I've seen in my life. The discussion changed to him using PEDs and discrediting him. They aren't just discrediting the HRs.

Do you even read the threads? The poster asked why Bonds, the current single-season HR recordholder wasn't being talked about more as Judge is chasing 62. And one of the big reasons is that it's a tainted record as Bonds didn't become that type of power-hitter until he roided out!

Reactions: john4psu
Do you even read the threads? The poster asked why Bonds, the current single-season HR recordholder wasn't being talked about more as Judge is chasing 62. And one of the big reasons is that it's a tainted record as Bonds didn't become that type of power-hitter until he roided out!
Yes, continue to follow the discussion--notice everyone else did

Kansas moves to 5-0 beating Iowa State 14-11
They manage to win another game this year (schedule gets much harder) then Leipold is likely coach of year. Very impressive for Kansas. He won't be there long.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Who actually has the HR official record? Is it Maris? Do they not recognize Bonds? Seems like it. I don't care one way or the other, just curious.

Bonds holds the Official Record for NL and MLB at 73. Maris and Judge are tied for AL record at 61, which is why the are covering "chasing 62".... Judge would hold AL Record outright.

Bonds record is tainted because everyone knows he was absolutely doing Steroids during the Steroid Scandal in MLB (which is at the exact same time Bonds set the record).

Fair enough--Hank Aaron retired prior to me turning 1 so I should say that I "watched" in my life time. Bonds was a better hitter than Aaron though. People ignore what Bonds did prior to the steroids for some reason.
Bonds was not a better hitter than Aaron. Look it up and get back to me.

Missouri-Geogia, wow!
It's one of those game where you know Georgia will eventually turn it on--we'll see if Mizzou has a miracle in their hands at the end

Honestly, tonight's games were pretty good...
NC State was a little disappointing against Clemson but maybe they come back in the final ten
Bryan Harsin's days are numbered but Jimbo Fisher might be fired next

Reactions: NedFromYork
Bonds was not a better hitter than Aaron. Look it up and get back to me.
I’ll help you out. Aaron lifetime BA .305, Bonds .298; Aaron 3771 hits (had more than 3000 hits exclusive of his 755 homers), Bonds just less than 3000, Aaron is the lifetime RBI leader. And he did this playing clean.

Reactions: john4psu
I’ll help you out. Aaron lifetime BA .305, Bonds .298; Aaron 3771 hits (had more than 3000 hits exclusive of his 755 homers), Bonds just less than 3000, Aaron is the lifetime RBI leader. And he did this playing clean.
To continue

OBP Bonds 444 Aaron 374
SLG Bonds 607 Aaron 555
OPS Bonds 1.015 Aaron 928
WAR Bonds 162 Aaron 143

They aren't close and contrary to what you believe not in Aaron's favor. Aaron had about 2500 more ABs than Bonds because teams refused to pitch to him.

Pretty bad showing 2 weeks in a row from them. Looks like they will win though. Probably add another TD late if I were guessing.
Honestly, they should probably drop to 3 after this game. Bryce Young's injury status probably makes that unlikely. Plus defending champs so some will keep them at 1 until they lose.

Honestly, they should probably drop to 3 after this game. Bryce Young's injury status probably makes that unlikely. Plus defending champs so some will keep them at 1 until they lose.

Every team has had a close game. Varying degrees of opponent. Oklahoma State probably has the best win without having a close game. Do we make them #1?

To continue

OBP Bonds 444 Aaron 374
SLG Bonds 607 Aaron 555
OPS Bonds 1.015 Aaron 928
WAR Bonds 162 Aaron 143

They aren't close and contrary to what you believe not in Aaron's favor. Aaron had about 2500 more ABs than Bonds because teams refused to pitch to him.
Sure whatever. Like I said unlike Pumpkinhead, Aaron played clean. You really think people didn’t pitch to Bonds 2500 times? Call me old fashioned clean up gutters are supposed to drive in runs, not walks. Aaron was also a superior fielder than Binds (Sid Bream who you could time with an hour glass is still safe).

Not possible. LandoConfusion said Pitt would win the Big10 West.

Actually, he spent the better part of three separate threads lecturing us on how ASWP would win the b1g West, that Purdue is "garbage"... and now Minnesota is "garbage" because Purdue beat them by 10 as a 3 TD+ underdog, etc., etc., etc....

Actually, he spent the better part of three separate threads lecturing us on how ASWP would win the b1g West, that Purdue is "garbage"... and now Minnesota is "garbage" because Purdue beat them by 10 as a 3 TD+ underdog, etc., etc., etc....
So he's the "garbage" man I suppose. I'll call him Oscar.

Every team has had a close game. Varying degrees of opponent. Oklahoma State probably has the best win without having a close game. Do we make them #1?
What? No--it's because they struggled back to back weeks against arguably the two easiest FBS teams on their schedule

Are you also the guy who started a rumor that Allar was starting against Northwestern… stupid comment
Nope, didn’t start any rumor and it’s absolutely not a stupid comment just because you don’t think it’s true. All I said is it’s possible and if you don’t think that’s true, then you’re naive.

Sure whatever. Like I said unlike Pumpkinhead, Aaron played clean. You really think people didn’t pitch to Bonds 2500 times? Call me old fashioned clean up gutters are supposed to drive in runs, not walks. Aaron was also a superior fielder than Binds (Sid Bream who you could time with an hour glass is still safe).
Bonds won 8 gold gloves while Aaron won 3 gold gloves so you lose that argument even though I agree Bonds had a weak arm he was a very good defensive OFer
Hard to drive in runs when people refuse to pitch to you. See OBP--Bonds drew a ton more walks than Aaron
You keep rambling about PEDs. In Bonds era most players were using and he never tested positive so

Never said would--I know reading is difficult for you.
And honestly even after losing to Ga Tech it doesn't make them worse than anyone in the west. Like the west they'll be unranked.
Minnesota lost because Ibrahim was out--they had no run game which they rely on. Purdue isn't good as you'll see when they play Maryland.

Didn't okie St have a relatively close game with central Michigan?

If you call the second string defense giving up 22 pts in the 4th quarter close, then yes.

What? No--it's because they struggled back to back weeks against arguably the two easiest FBS teams on their schedule

And when they play the best teams they are lights out. Defending champs. No losses. I'd keep them at one until they lose. Schedule works itself out.

And when they play the best teams they are lights out. Defending champs. No losses. I'd keep them at one until they lose. Schedule works itself out.

I completely respect keeping them 1 until they lose since they're the defending champs. I think Ohio State and Bama have been more impressive the last 2 weeks and will at least take some votes. I'd have it as Bama, Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, USC then Tennessee. Honestly after that NC State, Kentucky, Utah and Oregon are the only other teams that might be in the top 2 tiers this year. Unless Kansas is legit lol. The is a very down year in college football--maybe the portal is a part of that.

Hank played in an era where taking "greenies" was normal.
Nope, didn’t start any rumor and it’s absolutely not a stupid comment just because you don’t think it’s true. All I said is it’s possible and if you don’t think that’s true, then you’re naive.
Likelihood of frequent use of PEDs with random testing extremely low. It’s also theoretically possible that I get a date with Christie Brinkley.

Likelihood of frequent use of PEDs with random testing extremely low. It’s also theoretically possible that I get a date with Christie Brinkley.
As I posted before, unless they’ve come up with something that doesn’t get detected. These drugs evolve and grow every day. Maybe they’ve got a connection with the Jamaican sprinters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT