ADVERTISEMENT

Other games of note...appetizers for tonight's main course

Not sure about that. They lose and then beat us they still have two losses. We finish with one loss to them then we are ahead of them to play in the B10 ccg. If we would go to the B10 ccg we would have to win otherwise we drop behind them and had to play an extra game.

I honestly can't see how Ohio State winning is better for us.

Then again, if we take care of business next week, it won't matter.

But first we need to take care of business tonight.

Oh and also, Day went berserk, losing control of himself, running on the field and throwing his headset...but didn't get flagged.

Somehow I don't think they'd let Franklin get away with that. Then again, Franklin would never do it.
If Franklin did get away with, the PSU beat reporters would record it and send it to the NCAA for punishment.

It's 100% better for us. If we win it's an elite win. If we lose, it's ignored as a loss.
Do we want to go to the CCG in that scenario? I'd much rather take the 5 or 6 seed.
The end scenario is better if we win the ccg. Top 2 seed bye then versus 7 or 8. If we lose the CCG then no.

I think the targeting was a close call but the benefit of doubt right now goes in favor of protecting players.

The pass interference stuff is like a box of chocolates. From week to week...game to game...ref to ref...you never know what you're gonna get.

One thing for sure: there was a clear DPI against Ohio State that was not called and the non-call ended a critical Nebraska possession.

I don't think the Targetting call was bad at all - under the ACTUAL rule (not what individuals "think it should be"), the receiver is a protected "Defenseless Player" and the rule only requires that first initiated contact is delivered to the head-or-neck area (doesn't have to be with crown of helmet - just with whatever body part "first contact" is initiated with). Complete nonsense that the defender did not initiate contact with his shoulder directly into the facemask of the receiver - he absolutely did. To claim that first contact was not forcible is beyond laughable - the receiver's head goes straight back and bounces of ground. Under the ACTUAL NCAA Rule, that is unquestionably Targetting on a player in a "defenseless position".

Reactions: GSPMax
Oh and also, Day went berserk, losing control of himself, running on the field and throwing his headset...but didn't get flagged.

Somehow I don't think they'd let Franklin get away with that. Then again, Franklin would never do it.
They are not calling that vs Franklin either. Get real.

The end scenario is better if we win the ccg. Top 2 seed bye then versus 7 or 8. If we lose the CCG then no.
I'm not sure being the 5 or 6 seed isn't better than having the possibility to win a CCG

There's 3 scenarios

1--we're 11-1 and the 5/6 seed. We get the G5 champ or the 11 seed at home then the 3/4 seed--feel really good about us reaching the semis
2--we're 11-1 and win the CCFG We get a bye then face a team 7-10. Are playing those two games more or less wear and tear? I can go either way
3--we're 11-1 and lose the CCG--this a nightmare. So, we play Oregon then have to play in the first round hopefully still as the 6 seed at worst then 3-4 but possibly the SEC or Big Ten champ in the 2nd round

I want nothing to do with 3--this is why I think CCG will be gone sooner than later

Reactions: PSU 12046
They are not calling that vs Franklin either. Get real.

I think they call it against Franklin. Honestly, I think they should call it against anybody. It was a clear and flagrant violation...running on the field and throwing a headset. I mean, if you're not going to enforce the rule, then why bother putting it in the rule book.

I don't think the Targetting call was bad at all - under the ACTUAL rule (not what individuals "think it should be"), the receiver is a protected "Defenseless Player" and the rule only requires that first initiated contact is delivered to the head-or-neck area (doesn't have to be with crown of helmet - just with whatever body part "first contact" is initiated with). Complete nonsense that the defender did not initiate contact with his shoulder directly into the facemask of the receiver - he absolutely did. To claim that first contact was not forcible is beyond laughable - the receiver's head goes straight back and bounces of ground. Under the ACTUAL NCAA Rule, that is unquestionably Targetting on a player in a "defenseless position".

Yeah, I mean, they gave it a very long look on replay...and like I said, if at all close, the call goes in favor of protecting the player.

So that's one guy who'll be sitting out the first half of our game next week.

They're not calling that against anyone. Kiffin does it every week. Just people pretending the league hates us as they prepare to make excuses if we lose next week.

Oh look, it's Lando defending the honor of the Big-10 and its Big-2 favored children again. We haven't seen that before.

Yeah, I mean, they gave it a very long look on replay...and like I said, if at all close, the call goes in favor of protecting the player.

So that's one guy who'll be sitting out the first half of our game next week.

By the way, dipshit is wrong yet again about this never being called - see the following links:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2024...picking-up-two-unsportsmanlike-conduct-fouls/

https://huskercorner.com/posts/matt-rhule-headphone-toss-fighting-nebraska-football-01j8x4ch7m9m

What a surprise that Always-Wrong dipshit is wrong yet again. LMAO. Matt Ruhle has been called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct twice this season by b1g clowns for doing less than what Day did.

Reactions: m.knox and Jerry
Was hoping for a better Illinois/Oregon game, but Oregon simply has the most sophisticated offense I've ever seen. They leave no room for a defense to miss an assignment or a tackle.

Clearly this is a team that added to their offensive package as the season has progressed. I remember a time when PSU would do that as a matter of course. We may be returning to that this year with Coach AK. Time will tell.

Reactions: mhlarch
Was hoping for a better Illinois/Oregon game, but Oregon simply has the most sophisticated offense I've ever seen. They leave no room for a defense to miss an assignment or a tackle.

Clearly this is a team that added to their offensive package as the season has progressed. I remember a time when PSU would do that as a matter of course. We may be returning to that this year with Coach AK. Time will tell.
Yes, they are beating down Illinois. Oregon looks like a championship finalist to me at this point in the season. Total package.

Wasn’t too bad of a hit, but it meet the criteria for targeting

Along with unbeaten Pitt and Indiana...plus 1-loss Notre Dame...add unbeaten BYU to the list of serious playoff contenders.

Two losses this year is playing with fire. I mean, there will be a 2-loss team in the playoffs and maybe even two...but they're likely to be from the SEC.

Huge game tonight...

Reactions: RickinDayton
Along with unbeaten Pitt and Indiana...plus 1-loss Notre Dame...add unbeaten BYU to the list of serious playoff contenders.

Two losses this year is playing with fire. I mean, there will be a 2-loss team in the playoffs and maybe even two...but they're likely to be from the SEC.

Huge game tonight...
We have zero concerns about getting in over a 1 loss Pitt or a 1 loss BYU
BYU would get an auto bid if they win out which would push K-State or Iowa State out
The Big Ten is going to get 3 or 4 teams--we're a lock unless we lose three. LOCK.

• Haha
Reactions: Nostraduzzi
Really bad games in the 3:30 slot today. Hoping Vandy can somehow make a game of it versus Texas but I think their backup QB is in so looking unlikely.

Really bad games in the 3:30 slot today. Hoping Vandy can somehow make a game of it versus Texas but I think their backup QB is in so looking unlikely.
Bama finally looked decent against a banged up Mizzou team
Vandy is definitely not likely to win this but nice drive here. Hopefully they finish and make this somewhat interesting but Pavia is playing so that's a plus

Honestly 10-2 Penn State vs 11-1 Pitt with a loss to Clemson is a conversation that doesn't even last 15 seconds.
I think Pitt will lose at SMU and to Clemson. For us, if we lose two, it would be nice for USC to run the table and beat ND to finish as a ranked team.

Reactions: bdgan
Vandy hanging around, hanging around. Kids' got alligator blood.
time teddy GIF

It helps having a guy at QB that's played college football for about a decade

• Haha
Reactions: mhlarch
It helps having a guy at QB that's played college football for about a decade
Good point....I'm getting tired of these COVID bonus guys. No wonder he is climbing up the records ladder. It's not his fault, he's just taking advantage of the opportunity presented to him, but this is ridiculous. Six years? Wow :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT