ADVERTISEMENT

Other games of note...appetizers for tonight's main course

Ohio State had a huge cross country game on the west coast and then a bye week. And is playing flat before a huge top 5 matchup next week.

Makes me nervous for tonight.

That's what happens when the PR screws up a press conference
I am not attempting to revisit this subject in any way as there were 250 posts,,and I politely mean this question as sincere: “ is it possible that someone associated with the Athletic Department reviews, and analyzed such responses ? “

I am not attempting to revisit this subject in any way as there were 250 posts,,and I politely mean this question as sincere: “ is it possible that someone associated with the Athletic Department reviews, and analyzed such responses ? “
The story died a day ago. Old Gus is too dumb to know that, if indeed he did say that.

Reactions: Jerry
Did you see that last UNL 3rd Down play??? The duhO$U D-back literally got away with Defensive Holding and Pass Interference on same play - clearly grabbed and yanked on UNL receiver's Jersey as he was coming out of his cut and then hit the receiver before ball arrived! No flags. LMAO

Yup, I remarked on it a few posts above. I only saw the one replay but there clearly appeared to be contact by the defensive back while the ball was in the air. So that ended a critical Nebraska possession.

Looks like they'll get one more.

Where are all the crybabies screaming "pro OSU bias"? I mean, I don't disagree (I don't agree with it, either) with the call, but that's CLEARLY an area where they didn't have to give such a "punishment." They could have done all sorts of things there that would have "benefitted" OSU and, instead, they threw the book at them.

Quick, figure out a way that excuses away these actions but still allows you to cry "bias."

Horrible officiating in the OSU game -- going both ways. First, they need to fix pass interference/defensive holding. I would make it so there can be no use of the hands on either side. There is no way to call it fairly using some sort of fuzzy "judgment." You extend your hands into the body of the other team and it is a penalty. Teams would have to learn to play differently just as they are trying to do with "targeting." What does "let them play mean" anyway? No one can define that right now.

Second, this targeting thing is ridiculous. No way that was targeting.

Right now officials can really throw a game either way. It's terrible.

Are they setting up some make up calls for next week? Let's hope not.

• Haha
Reactions: Nostraduzzi
OSU must not have paid their protection money this week

I don't know, in the last several minutes of game play, the Bucks got away with a DPI...there was a shaky OPI called on Nebraska...and Day just got away with flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct.

Horrible officiating in the OSU game -- going both ways. First, they need to fix pass interference/defensive holding. I would make it so there can be no use of the hands on either side. There is no way to call it fairly using some sort of fuzzy "judgment." You extend your hands into the body of the other team and it is a penalty. Teams would have to learn to play differently just as they are trying to do with "targeting." What does "let them play mean" anyway? No one can define that right now.

College refs are the worst. Every week it’s the same

At least this crew won’t work the game next week because they’ve turned this game into a farce.

Well they clearly could have called Day for a Personal Foul - it's blatantly illegal for a HC to run onto the field like that, let alone spiking his headset and get in the Ref's face.

I don't know, in the last several minutes of game play, the Bucks got away with a DPI...there was a shaky OPI called on Nebraska...and Day just got away with flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct.
Maybe they didn't leave a tip. Based on number of penalties and yards assessed you may be correct.

Reactions: Jerry
Well they clearly could have called Day for a Personal Foul - it's blatantly illegal for a HC to run onto the field like that, let alone spiking his headset and get in the Ref's face.
There was a coach who was ejected from a game earlier this season; I forget who it was.

I think the targeting was a close call but the benefit of doubt right now goes in favor of protecting players.

The pass interference stuff is like a box of chocolates. From week to week...game to game...ref to ref...you never know what you're gonna get.

One thing for sure: there was a clear DPI against Ohio State that was not called and the non-call ended a critical Nebraska possession.

It’s better for us that Ohio State wins this game. Glad they are.
Not sure about that. They lose and then beat us they still have two losses. We finish with one loss to them then we are ahead of them to play in the B10 ccg. If we would go to the B10 ccg we would have to win otherwise we drop behind them and had to play an extra game.

Reactions: mcpat
Not sure about that. They lose and then beat us they still have two losses. We finish with one loss to them then we are ahead of them to play in the B10 ccg. If we would go to the B10 ccg we would have to win otherwise we drop behind them and had to play an extra game.
It's 100% better for us. If we win it's an elite win. If we lose, it's ignored as a loss.
Do we want to go to the CCG in that scenario? I'd much rather take the 5 or 6 seed.

I think the targeting was a close call but the benefit of doubt right now goes in favor of protecting players.

The pass interference stuff is like a box of chocolates. From week to week...game to game...ref to ref...you never know what you're gonna get.

One thing for sure: there was a clear DPI against Ohio State that was not called and the non-call ended a critical Nebraska possession.

Oh and also, Day went berserk, losing control of himself, running on the field and throwing his headset...but didn't get flagged.

Somehow I don't think they'd let Franklin get away with that. Then again, Franklin would never do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT