ADVERTISEMENT

IU next week

If I recall we still had a crappy offense last year and held them to 7 points in Indiana. We only had 1 big play, Belton's run. We are playing at home and our D is still stout so let's see what happens. Winning ugly is still winning.

Why would you label a guy a troll when he identifies himself as a fan of an opposing team and doesn't post anything inflammatory? He's right about not getting overconfident just because "it's only Indiana"; they have played better, against some better teams, than we have this year.
Just ridiculous. The IU fan made good honest points. Talk about thin skinned.

Why would you label a guy a troll when he identifies himself as a fan of an opposing team and doesn't post anything inflammatory? He's right about not getting overconfident just because "it's only Indiana"; they have played better, against some better teams, than we have this year.

PLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I recall we still had a crappy offense last year and held them to 7 points in Indiana. We only had 1 big play, Belton's run. We are playing at home and our D is still stout so let's see what happens. Winning ugly is still winning.

Amen, brother. Here are two scenarios to consider (just by way of example, not the only two possibilities):

1. "Our team is really good and everyone is healthy.....how can we possibly only be 1-4?"

2. "Our team has a lot of potential, but has a bunch of injuries and struggles every week; how is it possible that we're 4-1?"

Personally, I choose #2.

sss....and they arent lying...have you been watching the game....they are doing a real nice job against OSU....this is not a gimme next week by any stretch of the imagination..[/QUOTE]

[/UOTE]

You mean for Indiana or Penn State?

Last edited:
And their D looks good.. Donovan against them is going to be a nightmare.
their front 7 are pretty solid. I noticed that in their other games, and they play with intensity. I will be very surprised if we can score more than 17 pts vs their DEF. I cannot see us slowing their OFF totally, so this game we will likely be the underdog.

will need big plays from SB and some others who will step up. have to believe that DEF setting up scores will be key.

Next week should be a really good game. Franklin is getting your horses to the stable. I think IU is in a make or break season for Wilson and our guys are starting to play better than previous years. Both teams should be ready to play Saturday night. Good luck.

PSU isn't a shoe-in against ANYBODY.

That said.......

IU gave up ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNRED NINETY-NINE yards of offense in four games against Southern Illinois, Florida International, Western Kentucky, and Wake Forest

Now, could they hold PSU to 275 yards? Win by 2 touchdowns? Yep, they could.

But this ain't the Indy Colts coming in next week.

IU is a better team with a better coach. I've got bad news, there probably isn't another win on the schedule. Buffalo, SDSU, and Army were all sacrificial lambs (well, they were supposed to be) and this team could barely squeak by them. Rutgers was a complete dumpster fire when they came to State College. We all saw what happened when they played a team with a pulse in Temple.

Every team left on the schedule is far more talented than any team on the OOC schedule. You can forget about OSU, MSU, or Michigan even being competitive games. Those are blowout losses. This game against IU won't be that close, either. IU will win by 14-17 points.

Forget about last year. That's ancient history.

IU is a better team with a better coach. I've got bad news, there probably isn't another win on the schedule. Buffalo, SDSU, and Army were all sacrificial lambs (well, they were supposed to be) and this team could barely squeak by them. Rutgers was a complete dumpster fire when they came to State College. We all saw what happened when they played a team with a pulse in Temple.

Every team left on the schedule is far more talented than any team on the OOC schedule. You can forget about OSU, MSU, or Michigan even being competitive games. Those are blowout losses. This game against IU won't be that close, either. IU will win by 14-17 points.

tumblr_lolsvuuCKg1qzbggso1_500.gif

Reactions: Marshall30
PSU isn't a shoe-in against ANYBODY.

That said.......

IU gave up ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNRED NINETY-NINE yards of offense in four games against Southern Illinois, Florida International, Western Kentucky, and Wake Forest

Now, could they hold PSU to 275 yards? Win by 2 touchdowns? Yep, they could.

But this ain't the Indy Colts coming in next week.

Even OSU (who had been averaging "only" 390 yards of offense the previous three games) put over 500 yards up on IU.
Indiana's defense was putrid last year too and we still made them look like the 85 Bears. We need to change that this year if we want to win.

Reactions: bjf1984
"Every team left on the schedule is far more talented than any team on the OOC schedule. You can forget about OSU, MSU, or Michigan even being competitive games. Those are blowout losses. This game against IU won't be that close, either. IU will win by 14-17 points"

Time will tell. But Michigan (despite the final score) was only marginally less putrid than UMd last week.

You may prove to be correct....but if Michigan doesn't play a LOT better than they did on Saturday, even this bunch at PSU could very well knock them off.

Here's a heads up....they are good. They got 3 oline men that will be in NFL camps next summer and their qb is better than ours....they have a suspect pass defense but the way we throw the ball how good do they have to be...
How you know your team is in trouble: When the fan base thinks Indiana is good.

What would you have predicted the Army score would be if you had known the following:
Army would have 3 turnovers, PSU none.
Army would pass the ball only 2 times all game.
Army's lines were outweighed by PSU's by 30+ pounds.
Army's starting QB was out.

And what if it had been Navy instead of Army?

Just an aside........

#56 for IU is going to wreck havoc on the interior of the PSU offensive line.

How you know your team is in trouble: When the fan base thinks Indiana is good.

What would you have predicted the Army score would be if you had known the following:
Army would have 3 turnovers, PSU none.
Army would pass the ball only 2 times all game.
Army's lines were outweighed by PSU's by 30+ pounds.
Army's starting QB was out.

And what if it had been Navy instead of Army?

Navy would roll us.. IMO they are an underrated team this year and it wouldn't shock me if the won at South Bend. They have an expierence QB that is very good and an OL that blocks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT