ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Forrest thread

I’m of the belief that Cael can beat almost everyone with their guys and his. Cael doesn’t need Bo imo. Hes actually the least intriguing prospect of the 3 young guns. He's a stud no doubt but he’s no where near a make or break for someone like Cael.

OSU is just hoping DT has the same ability to develop guys like Cael. If he does then we’ll see guys that were hoping for AA start pushing for NCs and runner up types should start winning. Can’t discount what hunger will do for a guy.
DT previously said that he strived to emulate Cael as a wrestler. Now he strives to emulate him as a coach. Heck he waited 1 day to drop the "You got a plan" joke on Pyles.

I’m of the belief that Cael can beat almost everyone with their guys and his. Cael doesn’t need Bo imo. Hes actually the least intriguing prospect of the 3 young guns. He's a stud no doubt but he’s no where near a make or break for someone like Cael.

OSU is just hoping DT has the same ability to develop guys like Cael. If he does then we’ll see guys that were hoping for AA start pushing for NCs and runner up types should start winning. Can’t discount what hunger will do for a guy.
I agree with your take that Cael could win with his guys or the other guy's. It isn't that Cael needs Bo, what is important is Cael gives Bo his best shot at achieving his goals.

Reactions: goldenanimal
A "group think" like 1985 and Goggles (and apparently you too) to sabotage Penn State wrestling program? Yes, my opinion is definitely a divergent from them and proud of it.
I’m a huge fan of the Penn State wrestling program. I’m just not a fan of excessive social media and the “unwritten rules” of this board.

I’m a huge fan of the Penn State wrestling program. I’m just not a fan of excessive social media and the “unwritten rules” of this board.
If you are a huge fan of PSU wrestling you should hope they get the very best recruits every year which Bo is absolutely one of. The kid is incredible and there is no denying that. How you can want him to go to a rival just because you don’t like his social media presence is just bonkers to me

If you are a huge fan of PSU wrestling you should hope they get the very best recruits every year which Bo is absolutely one of. The kid is incredible and there is no denying that. How you can want him to go to a rival just because you don’t like his social media presence is just bonkers to me
I’d argue that you need to get the right kids every year. And I’m not saying Bo doesn’t fall in that category for PSU / Cael. I’m sure he does… but as an OSU fan I can definitely testify to it not being as simple as just “getting the very best recruits”. It doesn’t work like that.

Last edited:
I’d argue that you need to get the right kids every year. And I’m not saying Bo doesn’t fall in that category for PSU / Cael. I’m sure he does… but as an OSU fan I can definitely testify to it not being as simple as just “getting the very best recruits”. It doesn’t work like that.
Being among the right kids is part of being the very best recruits, correct?

I understand what you are saying especially with the Ferrari disaster but with PSU the best recruits have also been the right kind of people….and again, if people think Bo isn’t the right kind because of his social media presence I think they are a bit delusional or way behind the times

I understand what you are saying especially with the Ferrari disaster but with PSU the best recruits have also been the right kind of people….and again, if people think Bo isn’t the right kind because of his social media presence I think they are a bit delusional or way behind the times
I just think that obviously a Cael decision. You never know. It is something that could throw someone off obviously.

Reactions: zzs006
An essential quality of group think; harass those with divergent opinions.
Wrong. This isn't group think whatsoever. I also hate group think because it's dangerous. This is about one person's opinion which happens to be a very bad take on BB.

Reactions: Nitlion1986
Did folks dislike "excessive social media" with Robbie Howard and Carter Starocci?
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: FatWoodchuck
Eeek... "less rapey". This is a very bad take about CStar, Atown. CStar's social media can definitely be cringe, but he's not in the same universe as Dbag Ferrari.
Could be. We only get the headlines and they’re usually not great if it’s off the mat.

But you’re right. Baker was a better comparison. His teammates and the fans loved him because he killed it, but he was such a dbag.

Last edited:
Message board "group think" is what makes them a fun place, IMO. No, they aren't always the most welcoming of "communities" but each has their own unspoken rulesets, etc. I (can) find it charming, personally.

That said, in this case, I think what's happening here is people are defending Bo because they fear he or someone he knows will read negative takes here, and it will sour him to the school. It's natural to fear that, but thankfully, we have Cael Sanderson, so I still like our chances, even if we get 4 years of bellyaching about his social media presence from some folks (and yes, the vocal majority will continue to call it bad).

So let's put this a different way:

Rank these criteria in order of importance:
- Skill
- Athletic ability
- Coachability
- Dedication/Discipline/Lifestyle
- Goals/Motivation
- Folkstyle results -- big-name opponents and major events
- Freestyle results -- big-name opponents and major events
- Academics
- Being a good teammate
- Injury history
- Off-the-mat behavior
- Social Media

Which of these rank below Social Media?

IMO giving Social Media veto power over any of these is crazy. It is AT MOST an indicator of some other flaw elsewhere. If such a flaw exists, Cael will discover it and act accordingly.

And yes, this includes Ferrari and Downey as well. Nobody needs their Social Media to tell they're both miscreants. And does anyone know or care about the Social Media accounts for Billy George and Baylor Fernandes?

So let's put this a different way:

Rank these criteria in order of importance:
- Skill
- Athletic ability
- Coachability
- Dedication/Discipline/Lifestyle
- Goals/Motivation
- Folkstyle results -- big-name opponents and major events
- Freestyle results -- big-name opponents and major events
- Academics
- Being a good teammate
- Injury history
- Off-the-mat behavior
- Social Media

Which of these rank below Social Media?

IMO giving Social Media veto power over any of these is crazy. It is AT MOST an indicator of some other flaw elsewhere. If such a flaw exists, Cael will discover it and act accordingly.

And yes, this includes Ferrari and Downey as well. Nobody needs their Social Media to tell they're both miscreants. And does anyone know or care about the Social Media accounts for Billy George and Baylor Fernandes?
Stop bringing logic into the argument!

Maybe we see Bo's social media as a net negative for the program. We could be wrong but we could also be right. Bo is an elite talent no doubt but team cohesiveness is an important dynamic too. You guys don't need to agree. You just need to accept that this is a valid opposing opinion. Is that so hard? AND, just because we hold this opinion doesn't make us less of a PSU fan. That's actually laughable when I see that.

Maybe we see Bo's social media as a net negative for the program. We could be wrong but we could also be right. Bo is an elite talent no doubt but team cohesiveness is an important dynamic too. You guys don't need to agree. You just need to accept that this is a valid opposing opinion. Is that so hard?
If it is perceived as a negative then I imagine Cael will address it.

If the ney-sayers want to post that opinion once, twice or even three times OK. I and most who disagree with that take might post a disagreeing opinion after one or two posts. But man, when some posts are 200 words of whining about what a 16 or 17 year-old is doing that is causing no harm to anybody and they get repeated time after time you have to know there is going to be push back.

Now, my question for you is this. Using your victim routine that everybody is entitled to their opinion why do you seem so unable to appreciate other poster's opinions on this subject that you are probably full of baloney?

A "group think" like 1985 and Goggles (and apparently you too) to sabotage Penn State wrestling program? Yes, my opinion is definitely a divergent from them and proud of it.
I beg your pardon, I think like noone else!

PS - I still want Bo, I am just not a fan of his social media charade.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Maybe we see Bo's social media as a net negative for the program. We could be wrong but we could also be right. Bo is an elite talent no doubt but team cohesiveness is an important dynamic too. You guys don't need to agree. You just need to accept that this is a valid opposing opinion. Is that so hard? AND, just because we hold this opinion doesn't make us less of a PSU fan. That's actually laughable when I see that.
Perhaps this ends up being true.

OTOH, there is no evidence of Bassett's social media being an issue at Bishop McCort. If it were, then their many out-of-state transfers (Forrest NC, Herring TN, Sledzianowski FL, the Butler brothers GA) -- who are all D1 candidates -- didn't have to move to Johnstown of all places. And nobody is leaving until college, even though Blair and Seminary would snap them up in a heartbeat.

If it is perceived as a negative then I imagine Cael will address it.

If the ney-sayers want to post that opinion once, twice or even three times OK. I and most who disagree with that take might post a disagreeing opinion after one or two posts. But man, when some posts are 200 words of whining about what a 16 or 17 year-old is doing that is causing no harm to anybody and they get repeated time after time you have to know there is going to be push back.

Now, my question for you is this. Using your victim routine that everybody is entitled to their opinion why do you seem so unable to appreciate other poster's opinions on this subject that you are probably full of baloney?
You prove @jayridescarbon with every post you make

Perhaps this ends up being true.

OTOH, there is no evidence of Bassett's social media being an issue at Bishop McCort. If it were, then their many out-of-state transfers (Forrest NC, Herring TN, Sledzianowski FL, the Butler brothers GA) -- who are all D1 candidates -- didn't have to move to Johnstown of all places. And none of them are leaving, even though Blair and Seminary would snap them up in a heartbeat.
Do you really believe Bishop McCort and PSU are on the same plane of existence? Listen guys, why can't we agree to disagree without someone's "fandom" being called into question. That isn't directly at you El Jefe. That is a general statement. I generally am not inclined to defend my position because if I'm honest, I don't have to and don't really care. I don't ask you guys to defend your position. It's just a freaking message board. Literally no one will die because of our opinions so take it down a notch guys.

Do you really believe Bishop McCort and PSU are on the same plane of existence? Listen guys, why can't we agree to disagree without someone's "fandom" being called into question. That isn't directly at you El Jefe. That is a general statement. I generally am not inclined to defend my position because if I'm honest, I don't have to and don't really care. I don't ask you guys to defend your position. It's just a freaking message board. Literally no one will die because of our opinions so take it down a notch guys.
This what forums are for especially during the offseason. I don’t think anyone has really been out of line. Just repeatedly trying to get their point across

And Bishop McCort is on a similar plane if obviously a bit smaller. They are one of the premier programs in the country and home to 2 of the best recruits in all of high school along with a bunch of other high D1 level recruits. If Bo is what people are saying those kids could go to other premier programs no problem. Watch his matches or his teammates matches. Those kids love each other and support each other like crazy. No evidence at all that he is a distraction or anything worse. For some reason the people that don’t like his social media extrapolate that into him being all these other bad things as well. I don’t see it and I don’t think Cael does as well. I guess we will see

No offense taken, and obviously McCort and PSU are not on the same plane.

But again: these 5 kids are all legit D1 prospects who could have gone anywhere for HS, and could still leave for anywhere. It's not an issue to any of them.

I'd think that the stakes are awfully high for them now both athletically and academically -- as they're being judged by D1 programs as potential recruits, and the Ivies are in play with Magro committed to Brown. And that Cael is better at managing athlete and parent egos than the McCort staff. (And McCort clearly has had some parent egos to deal with.)

They're just setting up a fall guy for when possibly psu isn't his final pick. Any negativity boils down to a few of us believing team chemistry might be a concern. Although lately some have read the wind and figure it's safe to start name calling to harvest likes. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Get a life already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT