ADVERTISEMENT

Jemele Hill goes after Scott Paterno on twitter, avoids his point

These kinds of statements always make me cringe at the level of critical thinking of the people who make these statements. The police investigated Jerry in 1998 for the incident she's talking about. They investigated him so much so that they ran a sting of sorts and had an officer listening in the other room while the mother talked to Jerry about what happened.

The police concluded that Jerry didn't do anything wrong. This was botched by the police, which we know now, but if you're Joe Paterno, what in the world are you going to do at this point? Arrest Jerry? Start his own investigation? Believe he knows better than the police who investigated it in 1998?

She's saying Joe should have done something. I would love to hear her explain in detail what exactly Joe should have done here, with what resources, and also with what authority and the justification for doing it.

EDIT - If she's referring to not doing anything in 2001 (which she may be, I may have misunderstood her point at first), then she's being dishonest. You may not agree with how much Joe did, and I'm not going to convince anybody otherwise, but even if you don't agree with how much Joe did, to say he did nothing is just factually wrong. He took it to the President of the university.

Last edited:
You have no clue
You have no desire to be educated
You have no interest in protecting children

Your sole focus on Paterno exposes what you are about - he is the most minimal player in this whole affair and that's all you care about - sad
Wrong. I seemingly am on of the few in this thread that cares about the victims. Many here care about good old Jerry more. It's disgusting.

The definition of reporting a crime is filing a criminal complaint with law-enforcement or telling someone that you think a crime happened ( no one other than Mike has has claimed that a crime was reported to them in 2001 including JM/Dr. D).

Mike never did that until nine years later. Having an off the record conversation with the person that has administrative authority over the police department is not the same thing as filing a written statement or criminal complaint with law-enforcement and you know it.

Reactions: baircub1!
Wrong. I seemingly am on of the few in this thread that cares about the victims. Many here care about good old Jerry more. It's disgusting.
thstrawman.gif~c200

Both Schultz and Wendell Courtney testified that they recalled a report being made to CYS. Neither recalled who made the connection. There is no way to prove it didn't happen.
There was a filing from Schultz in the court documents that noted that DPW was ultimately not contacted.

There was a filing from Schultz in the court documents that noted that DPW was ultimately not contacted.

That would make sense since if Courtney looked up the statute correctly he would have advised Schultz that if they wanted to report suspected abuse it'd have to be done via phone to Childline ASAP and in writing to CC CYS (aka the same agency as '98) within 48 HOURS....not tell DPW two weeks later.

That would make sense since if Courtney looked up the statute correctly he would have advised Schultz that if they wanted to report suspected abuse it'd have to be done via phone to Childline ASAP and in writing to CC CYS (aka the same agency as '98) within 48 HOURS....not tell DPW two weeks later.
But DPW was continually referenced by Schultz in his notes

Reactions: dshumbero
But DPW was continually referenced by Schultz in his notes

Yes, because they were on the table as "an independent child welfare authority" to make it clear to JS that his showering behavior was inappropriate and needed to stop (maybe because they were worried JS would pull the "I'm a child care expert" card on them??). It makes no sense for DPW to be in those notes in the capacity of reporting suspected abuse if Courtney looked the statute up correctly. CC CYS was the entity that needed to be informed if that was the case it had to be within 48 HOURS.

At some point TC decided to not go to DPW behind JS' back and instead to confront JS directly about his inappropriate behavior (what DPW would have been doing for him) and if he agreed that it was wrong and needed to stop I guess Tim decided having DPW pound home the same message was redundant (I'm sure he will be asked to expand on this decision if/when a trial ever happens).

IOW TC decided to confront JS directly instead of having DPW do it for him, hence Spanier's note praising TC for going the extra step and more humane route by not going behind JS' back.

Last edited:
Yes, because they were on the table as "and independent child welfare authority" to make it clear to JS that his showering behavior was inappropriate and needed to stop (maybe because they were worried JS would pull the "I'm a child care expert" card on them??). It makes no sense for DPW to be in those notes in the capacity of reporting suspected abuse if Courtney looked the statute up correctly. CC CYS was the entity that needed to be informed if that was the case it had to be within 48 HOURS.

At some point TC decided to not go to DPW behind JS' back and instead to confront JS directly about his inappropriate behavior (what DPW would have been doing for him) and if he agreed that it was wrong and needed to stop I guess Tim decided having DPW pound home the same message was redundant (I'm sure he will be asked to expand on this decision if/when a trial ever happens).

IOW TC decided to confront JS directly instead of having DPW do it for him, hence Spanier's note praising TC for going the extra step and more humane route by not going behind JS' back.
What a great move by Tim! :confused:

Reactions: jerseylion109
And I am telling you that Paterno does not belong in that list. You want him on that list, leave him in your list. But the nonsense, provocative language you use that Joe wasn't interested in making sure that it was reported is misguided. He did his part, then seemingly stepped out of the process as he should have. It is not his place to tell the admins how to do their job.
You have a better chance of swimming to Mars than getting through Jive's thick skull. I've had him on ignore for a long time. Try it.

Reactions: bjf1991

Just go back to talking about recruits who are going elsewhere. With that you were only slightly insufferable at least.

Reactions: WeR0206
It WAS reported. The incident was reported to TSM. The "witness" was even "ok" with what was done and confirmed by Joe when he followed up with Mike. Your issue is you are taking Mike description of the incident 10 years later and basing the action on those words now. However, EVERYONES actions back then (INCLUDING MIKE) do not jive with what he said 10 years later. If anything everyone went above and beyond what they needed to do based on what Mike told them which was nothing. Even to this day Mike cant say what he told them. He continues to say "I would have said", "I made it understood", blah blah blah. He states everything but what he now says.
In a nutshell, same thing @Zenophile asks these ppl regularly and they NEVER answer: What is the difference between 2001 and 2011?

These kinds of statements always make me cringe at the level of critical thinking of the people who make these statements. The police investigated Jerry in 1998 for the incident she's talking about. They investigated him so much so that they ran a sting of sorts and had an officer listening in the other room while the mother talked to Jerry about what happened.

The police concluded that Jerry didn't do anything wrong. This was botched by the police, which we know now, but if you're Joe Paterno, what in the world are you going to do at this point? Arrest Jerry? Start his own investigation? Believe he knows better than the police who investigated it in 1998?

She's saying Joe should have done something. I would love to hear her explain in detail what exactly Joe should have done here, with what resources, and also with what authority and the justification for doing it.

EDIT - If she's referring to not doing anything in 2001 (which she may be, I may have misunderstood her point at first), then she's being dishonest. You may not agree with how much Joe did, and I'm not going to convince anybody otherwise, but even if you don't agree with how much Joe did, to say he did nothing is just factually wrong. He took it to the President of the university.

She's being purposefully dishonest. She told me on 02/13/2013 that she read the Clemente report in 1 night ( on a Sunday, as if that were an inconvenience to her precious time) and understood it perfectly. Yet Paterno called Curley and Schultz and met "on a Sunday" because he wanted to make sure the report was handled properly.

Her flip retort: "Happy"? JmmyW posted this earlier, I can no longer retrieve it because she blocked me immediately after that. I would have responded about the Sunday thing if she hadn't.

Here it is Post 20 page 1 https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threa...t-paterno-on-twitter-avoids-his-point.166769/

Last edited:
Well look at the power he has from the grave... getting numerous people to blindly defend him to the point where some are trying to "prove" that a serial pedophile is innocent. It's pretty crazy stuff.

A "serial pedophile" that Pennsylvania's Childcare and Child Protection Agencies enabled and put their imprimatur on for 4+ DECADES! Interesting....but it's all about a football coach according to you. LMFAO, what a sad little putz you are.

A "serial pedophile" that Pennsylvania's Childcare and Child Protection Agencies enabled and put their imprimatur on for 4+ DECADES! Interesting....but it's all about a football coach according to you. LMFAO, what a sad little putz you are.
Franklin, I'm glad you're getting the idea that shorter, to-the point posts are more likely to be read. (Unless we are discussing new actual evidence or the intricacies of a filing). High Five!

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
That's fine, but he is still a serial pedo and many here are still on his side.

Yes, because they were on the table as "an independent child welfare authority" to make it clear to JS that his showering behavior was inappropriate and needed to stop (maybe because they were worried JS would pull the "I'm a child care expert" card on them??). It makes no sense for DPW to be in those notes in the capacity of reporting suspected abuse if Courtney looked the statute up correctly. CC CYS was the entity that needed to be informed if that was the case it had to be within 48 HOURS.

And I wonder what TC's actions were when JS initially denied being in Lasch that night. And also if the timeline is correct, what caused the delay in speaking with JS (and Mike). They seemed ready to execute their plan that first week. Yet, didn't happen for a few more.

So it's Standard Operating Procedure in Pennsylvania to allow known "serial pedophiles" to adopt children for 4+ decades via the State, be a Foster Parent to scores of children for 4+ decades via the State, to approve State Licenses for the "serial pedophile's" own personal charity granting him access to thousands upon thousands of children across the State, etc.... Interesting.....

So it's Standard Operating Procedure in Pennsylvania to allow known "serial pedophiles" to adopt children for 4+ decades via the State, be a Foster Parent to scores of children for 4+ decades via the State, to approve State Licenses for the "serial pedophile's" own personal charity granting him access to thousands upon thousands of children across the State, etc.... Interesting.....

Oh yea.......and when the "serial pedophile" commits his predictable State-sanctioned depredations with the State's imprimatur via multiple State Licensed and Regulated Childcare Programs for decades upon decades, it's of course all a local football coaches fault??? Go figure - LMFAO!

He was a known pedophile then?

Sure he had the tattoo on his forehead that all pedophiles get at birth. That is why everyone is so mad...nobody saw the PEDO tattoo on his forehead in big black letters. Funny thing is that is why CSS and Joe are in trouble as they had to know based on that tatttoo as well. Not that these guys are master manipulaters or anything...those guys just knew the level he was working on and didn't bother to read his forehead.

So you're saying the Pennsylvania Childcare and Child Service "EXPERTS", "LICENSORS" and "REGULATORS" didn't know he was a pedophile, let alone a "serial pedophile" despite enabling Sandusky and providing a State imprimatur to his access to children (i.e., supposedly philanthropic work) for over FOUR DECADES??? Is that what you're saying mensa??? Please, enlighten us with whatever wisdom you are trying to claim douche-bag! Let me guess, PA Childcare and Child Services experts, licensors and regulators couldn't figure it out over four decades, but the local football coach who had squat to do with these Pennsylvania Agencies or Sandusky's philanthropic endeavors should have been able to figure it out??? Whatever you say dip$hit - makes perfect sense how you believe Penn State and JVP are now responsible for Sandusky's ADOPTED SON's illegal CSA acts......

Reactions: WeR0206
So you're saying the Pennsylvania Childcare and Child Service "EXPERTS", "LICENSORS" and "REGULATORS" didn't know he was a pedophile, let alone a "serial pedophile" despite enabling Sandusky and providing a State imprimatur to his access to children (i.e., supposedly philanthropic work) for over FOUR DECADES??? Is that what you're saying mensa??? Please, enlighten us with whatever wisdom you are trying to claim douche-bag! Let me guess, PA Childcare and Child Services experts, licensors and regulators couldn't figure it out over four decades, but the local football coach who had squat to do with these Pennsylvania Agencies or Sandusky's philanthropic endeavors should have been able to figure it out??? Whatever you say dip$hit - makes perfect sense how you believe Penn State and JVP are now responsible for Sandusky's ADOPTED SON's illegal CSA acts......

So Jive said Joe and Penn State are now responsible for Jeffrey or are you exaggerating again? Can you quote him where he states Joe and PSU are now responsible for Jeffrey Sandusky? That would be great, because I somehow doubt he said that. It sounds more like something you would make up because it's fits what you want to think. In fact I don't think anyone here has blamed Joe for Jeff....but the ratings driven media has mentioned Joe and Jerry.

BTW before you HUFF and PUFF and GO ALL CAPS LOCK ON ME. I disagree with jive about Joe's role and how much he really did know, but I certainly don't make up his opinions for him either.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT