ADVERTISEMENT

Jemele Hill goes after Scott Paterno on twitter, avoids his point

In my scenario, Spanier is not actively part of a coverup.
Ok, well then whoever was involved in the coverup would have found out and started corresponding with each other. Surely, if you believe in 2001 they could send e-mails blatantly stating they didn't intend to notify the police, DPW, CYS, or TSM, they'd be as dumb to tell each other "oops, looks like Corbett is on to us."

If you genuinely believe this, then your concept of memory is fundamentally flawed.

And if your posts are any indication, then you seem to have difficulty with a number of fairly simple concepts.
You are not one that should be critical of someone's concept of memory. You have asked the same question 40 times and can't seem to remember the answer. You seem to have difficulty with that simple concept.

So you're saying the administration overruled the objections of Joe Paterno? But I thought he was the most powerful man in Pennsylvania-- and anyone who didn't do whatever he said was in danger of losing their. I mean, Freeh got 430 people to state that, right?

You might state that Paterno was the most powerful man in the state or on campus. I do not.

Yes, it starts right now with Michael McQuery. I wont say he lied, though. His recollection of what happened 7-10 years after the fact was very different than what actually occurred. He was bullied in to his statements.

What he said was backed up by Paterno.

You might state that Paterno was the most powerful man in the state or on campus. I do not.
Joe WAS very powerful. He had, what amounted to, absolute power, but he used it to help people. He used his power to make a real difference, a POSITIVE difference, in the lives of so many, many, many people. He touched so many lives in such a positive way. He was a great, great man, and to me, he will not be defined by the heinous crimes of a monster, who was an evil mastermind who hid in plain sight, and fooled an entire community and it's law enforcement, for two decades.

That's my take. In my view, and from what I have experienced, having brothers in both law enforcement, AND behind bars, these pedophiles, are masterminds at what they do. They'll be the first to tell you that.

I don't think ANYONE "Knew" jack shit, outside of the children he preyed on, and the handful of powerless counselors who at least attempted to report it.

I don't think ANYONE "Knew" jack shit, outside of the children he preyed on, and the handful of powerless counselors who at least attempted to report it.
You left out the attorneys and the memory repression experts.

But it's the narrative the you and your pals claim is believed by 95% of the nation, to which we must also conform. If you don't believe that, then you must believe that the janitors who allegedly witnessed Jerry abusing a kid in a hallway are guilty of failure to report, because their claims that they were afraid to say anything because of fear of reprisals from Joe Paterno are false.

Then you must ask why the supposed victims from 1971 and 1976 didn't report their abuse to anyone else after allegedly speaking to Paterno.

It's not preposterous at all. The emails point directly to that scenario.

If that's the thought you go into it with, they do. Similarly, if you go into the whole Sandusky situation thinking he wasn't guilty you can find reason to believe that. I think both beliefs are offbase.

Last edited:
What he said was backed up by Paterno.
Paterno also stated he had no idea what really happened, not what he would call it. I hardly think that's backing up diddly-poop. Furthermore, two men that are alive that have testified recently stated that they did not think what happened was worthy of a call to police.

Reactions: WeR0206
It's not preposterous at all. The emails point directly to that scenario.
LMAO. Ok Mr. Freeh. You are making some MAJOR leaps based on the way you want to interpret something that is anything from clear. But hey, why even try to get a clear determination of stuff like that, it's much more fun to simply jump to conclusions.
And, Einstein, what are your thoughts on Second Mile not being investigated at all in this whole thing? You're ok with that huh? Yeah, you really care about protecting children alright.

You are the worst kind of moron. You are a moron that thinks you are smart.

One of the biggest BS mantras repeated on this board.

Thank you for confirming how right she is. You know, since you are wrong about everything.

You trolls are pathetic human beings. Why is it exactly that you don't care about the victims, past or future? Is it about football? Is it because Joe's team beat your team?

Reactions: Mixolydian
Joe WAS very powerful. He had, what amounted to, absolute power, but he used it to help people. He used his power to make a real difference, a POSITIVE difference, in the lives of so many, many, many people. He touched so many lives in such a positive way. He was a great, great man, and to me, he will not be defined by the heinous crimes of a monster, who was an evil mastermind who hid in plain sight, and fooled an entire community and it's law enforcement, for two decades.

That's my take. In my view, and from what I have experienced, having brothers in both law enforcement, AND behind bars, these pedophiles, are masterminds at what they do. They'll be the first to tell you that.

Don't mistake influence for power. Joe had a ton of influence, not a ton of real power.

He was not a mandatory reporter at this time in that situation.

Mike knew he witnessed something that would shake up the university and his superiors dropped the ball.

Spoiler alert, they all knew about 1998, and they all knew what Mike was talking about. They deliberately slow played it , which should be illustrated by the testimony of people such as Harmon.
Harmon. Haha. Seriously.

Reactions: WeR0206
LMAO. Ok Mr. Freeh. You are making some MAJOR leaps based on the way you want to interpret something that is anything from clear. But hey, why even try to get a clear determination of stuff like that, it's much more fun to simply jump to conclusions.
And, Einstein, what are your thoughts on Second Mile not being investigated at all in this whole thing? You're ok with that huh? Yeah, you really care about protecting children alright.

You are the worst kind of moron. You are a moron that thinks you are smart.
I said before that TSM should have been reamed out by an investigation a long time ago. Now who's taking leaps?

Joe WAS very powerful. He had, what amounted to, absolute power, but he used it to help people.

Seriously? What kind of power did he have outside of the football program? At one time I think he had power within the broader athletic department, but even that didn't seem to be the case towards the end. Anyone who followed things closely during his final five to ten years could see that he was increasingly marginalized

Seriously? What kind of power did he have outside of the football program? At one time I think he had power within the broader athletic department, but even that didn't seem to be the case towards the end. Anyone who followed things closely during his final five to ten years could see that he was increasingly marginalized

It's a separate argument and tangental at it's most serious. I was making a different point. Not into straying that far off today, whatever.

Well look at the power he has from the grave... getting numerous people to blindly defend him to the point where some are trying to "prove" that a serial pedophile is innocent. It's pretty crazy stuff.

Reactions: _fugazi_
You'll have to explain; what Emails constituted hard evidence? Or gave a true and complete picture?

The Emails I have seen are inconclusive at best, more likely dubious or meaningless.

Give us your case, which you say consists of testimony and hard evidence. You're a skeptic with other points of view here, but you spend little time or effort actually making a point. And have you convinced anyone here?

But it's the narrative the you and your pals claim is believed by 95% of the nation, to which we must also conform. If you don't believe that, then you must believe that the janitors who allegedly witnessed Jerry abusing a kid in a hallway are guilty of failure to report, because their claims that they were afraid to say anything because of fear of reprisals from Joe Paterno are false.

Then you must ask why the supposed victims from 1971 and 1976 didn't report their abuse to anyone else after allegedly speaking to Paterno.

I cannot speak for my "pals," but I do not say that. The old chestnut that "Joe ran everything," has not held up, even after (and, in part, because of) the Freeh Report.

1971 told his foster parents. We would need a lot more information about 1976 before reaching any conclusions.

It sure sounds like you want to blame Paterno, though.

You'll have to explain; what Emails constituted hard evidence? Or gave a true and complete picture?

The Emails I have seen are inconclusive at best, more likely dubious or meaningless.

Give us your case, which you say consists of testimony and hard evidence. You're a skeptic with other points of view here, but you spend little time or effort actually making a point. And have you convinced anyone here?
The emails show TC pushing the COA away from going to authorities.

Paterno also stated he had no idea what really happened, not what he would call it. I hardly think that's backing up diddly-poop. Furthermore, two men that are alive that have testified recently stated that they did not think what happened was worthy of a call to police.

Yet his call to Curley and Schultz triggered the call to Courtney. Paterno never knew the details and McQueary said he didn't tell him the details.

Joe knew, and Joe told. That is what he was suppose to do.

Yes, Mr. Freeh. Exactly. You are doing exactly what Freeh did, take one vague email and go way overboard trying to twist what it said to fit your needs. I know why a lot of other non-PSU people would want to do that, but why would you (lol a PSU alum) want to also do that without any basis in logic or reason? Because you are a complete moron, that's why. Your "arguments" are beyond weak. You are simply an argumentative person that gets into fights with people all the time, and at the same time you wonder why no one in your life seems to get along with you.

Hitting a little close to home am I? I have met people like you before. No one wants to be around you. Even your family.

The emails show TC pushing the COA away from going to authorities.
proving what?

You need to be more specific if you have any hope of credibility here.

Let's hear it -- is this a mass conspiracy that happened to protect the football program? Is that what you are getting at?
Or JUST WHAT are you saying?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT