ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

NEWSFLASH: Spyker now says McKenna's choice will be announced on a day of the week ending with the letter "Y". He can't give any more specifics.
In his email, Cael was 80% certain on this.

Was w a member of the team tonight.

Talked openly about mckenna visit this past weekend.

My opinion.....We ARE....in great shape for his services.
children-pray.jpg

heard from reliable source within lehigh program that he's going to tOSU - lehigh folks are confident he's not going to them.

I have a feeling he will be going to tOSU too
If the choice is PSU or tOSU, the former's upside is a very likely championship ring but with the hassle of cutting to 141; or wrestle for the runner-up at a more comfortable 149, bumping up Micah to 157 and Jake to the bench. If NaTo can go 125 in March they'd be a championship threat if everything broke perfect (especially with 197 clearing out for Moore) and PSU hit a perfect storm.

Reactions: diggerpup
You were with the intern who runs Cael's email acct?

No, but next board meeting, we should give that guy real consideration for a job this fall.

Was also told that he would wrestle 141 this year. Im not claiming this is a done deal, just stating what I was told.

Rumor is he was ALREADY beating Nico in the room....but keep that one under your hat.

If the choice is PSU or tOSU, the former's upside is a very likely championship ring but with the hassle of cutting to 141; or wrestle for the runner-up at a more comfortable 149, bumping up Micah to 157 and Jake to the bench. If NaTo can go 125 in March they'd be a championship threat if everything broke perfect (especially with 197 clearing out for Moore) and PSU hit a perfect storm.

I hope Dunke is right, but to me McKenna seems to fit better into tOSU's line-up.

If he's looking for the best room in the country, PSU is it, but he'll have to be willing to make the cut to 141 for another year then enter a crowded 149 in 2018-19. At tOSU 149 is his for 2 years.

Creek Side, congrats on your Shut Up Because Sandusky award from HR today!

Who would've thought? I really wasn't trying to troll, just having a little fun. I don't post much because sarcasm and smart ass don't usually go over so well in type. I would think that the post from Golic55 will shake the hive a bit.

Reactions: diggerpup
Yeah, I am not one to stir the pot - especially at a rival's fan site but... I actually love it when the Sandusky argument comes up. The poster has clearly lost their argument at that point, and I just revel in the fragments. Godwin would certainly approve.

I don't ever bring up Sandusky on any wrestling site because it has nothing to do with the sport we love. I also don't pretend what he is guilty of didnt happen. Unfortunately for your fan base the Sandusky comments will likely never go away. Like having a bad scar across your face.

Reactions: bdv
I don't ever bring up Sandusky on any wrestling site because it has nothing to do with the sport we love. I also don't pretend what he is guilty of didnt happen. Unfortunately for your fan base the Sandusky comments will likely never go away. Like having a bad scar across your face.
It doesn't help that our wrestling team is now the face of college wrestling while the Hawkeyes took a back seat.

Irony - noun - a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I am glad you guys can laugh at their nonsense. I read HR for the occasional rationale post with no intent to post. But then they write nonsense like the Lee brothers transferring in and I can't help myself. One day I will learn...

Last edited:
I am glad you guys can laugh at their nonsense. I read HR for the occasional rationale post with no intent to post. But then hey write nonsense like the Lee brothers transferring in and I cant help myself. One day I will learn...
For straight up honest wrestling talk I think it's tough to beat Vak over there. Don't agree with him all the time but he's honest with assessments and not afraid to point out what he feels are Hawkeyes negatives.

One of my favorite hypocrisy items on HR is how many of them crucify Cael for allegedly "screwing over" (their words) Haines & Hoffman....

..... but no one over there ever mentions the Renteria / Mejia / S. Lee / Teasdale Quartet.

Reactions: Lion8286
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT