ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields offered cash by OSU boosters to leave GA

Color me shocked……
I think everyone knew that Ohio St, Alabama, Georgia all operated this way. But there will be zero punishment despite a clear admissions of major rules violations. They just sweep cheating under the rug. This is why I feel no sympathy for Michigan owning Ohio St the past 3 years. They simply cheated better.

Would it matter today?

Everyone knows that OSU has always been crooked. Back in the day when a bunch of people were giving recruits those one-hundred-dollar handshakes OSU was giving five hundred and a hot coed for the weekend, I think they called them campus guides.

Would it matter today?

Everyone knows that OSU has always been crooked. Back in the day when a bunch of people were giving recruits those one-hundred-dollar handshakes OSU was giving five hundred and a hot coed for the weekend, I think they called them campus guides.
depends on how it was done. But it not being illegal today doesn't make it OK

And "know-it-all fans" think Penn State should be beating Ohio $tate? Ohio $tate was paying players way back from when Woody Hayes was coaching in Columbus.

jtAW99e.jpg

And "know-it-all fans" think Penn State should be beating Ohio $tate? Ohio $tate was paying players way back from when Woody Hayes was coaching in Columbus.

jtAW99e.jpg
How many outright admissions of illegal benefits are necessary for people to brand that football team as illegitimate? Same as Michigan recently. They aren't actual champions. They are cheaters and a disgrace to the sport. When I see an Ohio St, Michigan, and Alabama (shirt, hat, flag, etc.) I think cheater.

The dark underbelly of big time college athletics. Disturbing and disheartening
Been that way forever. There's a number of schools that's been dealing out serious cash for decades. I lived in the L.A area a few decades back and the cash payout rumors involving USC went through the roof

Been that way forever. There's a number of schools that's been dealing out serious cash for decades. I lived in the L.A area a few decades back and the cash payout rumors involving USC went through the roof
How much money did Reggie Bush get from USC? The thing they nailed them for with the houses was just the tip of the iceberg. Probably every starter on those Pete Carroll juggernaut teams got paid NFL salaries.

How much money did Reggie Bush get from USC? The thing they nailed them for with the houses was just the tip of the iceberg. Probably every starter on those Pete Carroll juggernaut teams got paid NFL salaries.
I think everyone knew it and there's a reason Carroll got the he!! out of Dodge so quickly. Rumors were that there were mega millions involved with many of those USC teams especially the ones you mentioned

I think everyone knew that Ohio St, Alabama, Georgia all operated this way. But there will be zero punishment despite a clear admissions of major rules violations. They just sweep cheating under the rug. This is why I feel no sympathy for Michigan owning Ohio St the past 3 years. They simply cheated better.
All teams like OSU, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan etc... have to do is deny they knew the booster was offering cash and emphasize they they've told their most loyal fans - boosters that they weren't behind the booster payment at all (wink, wink) and boosters-fans were doing this on their own without the school's approval. Almost impossible to prove.

Last edited:
All teams like OSU, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan etc... have to do is deny they knew the booster was offering cash and emphasize they they've told there most loyal fans - boosters that they weren't behind the booster payment at all (wink, wink). Almost impossible to prove.
And still cheaters. Is it impossible to prove when we have statements alleging major infractions from multiple players that actually played for those schools? I get that NCAA may not punish these schools but there is so much evidence directly from the players that everyone knows that they are cheaters. Nothing that they ever achieve will be viewed as legitimate.

Here's the problem with this alleged quote (let's be real it would be national news if he actually said it) does anyone truly believe Georgia couldn't have matched it? Come on

And if you read the tweet it clearly says this is fake and he hasn't been on the podcast in over a year. The things you all believe because you want to create excuses. Sad

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
And if you read the tweet it clearly says this is fake and he hasn't been on the podcast in over a year. The things you all believe because you want to create excuses. Sad
You're probably right as Fields has always been tight with OSU and he's actually been seen at OSU games recruiting top HS players for OSU. But, like alluded to, people are going to believe what they want to believe

You're probably right as Fields has always been tight with OSU and he's actually been seen at OSU games recruiting top HS players for OSU. But, like alluded to, people are going to believe what they want to believe
I'm sorry but this was an obvious lie from the instant it showed up. Not a single person thought to look it up?

Let's face it. Until they started doing this kind of shit Ohio State was just another good program. Same with scum the past couple of years.
Before we joined this Midwest league Penn State was the superior program and proved it on the national stage.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
It's 100% believable simply because of Ohio St's track record of illegally paying multiple players through the years.

All programs have boosters that have always paid players--some more than others. It wouldn't be shocking that it happened anywhere That said, it's not believable that Fields would say it on a freaking podcast and then there's no media attention to it. Also, look at the X handle....come on.
There's is another example of people jumping to conclusions. The comments in this thread (with an obviously fake tweet) are why people love Joe's demise. We bring it on ourselves. Just stop and think "it is reasonable to believe Fields suddenly changed his story, admitted to something on this level and it's just a non-story". We should all be better than this--too many just want any reason to bash any program that's more successful than our program.

All programs have boosters that have always paid players--some more than others. It wouldn't be shocking that it happened anywhere That said, it's not believable that Fields would say it on a freaking podcast and then there's no media attention to it. Also, look at the X handle....come on.
There's is another example of people jumping to conclusions. The comments in this thread (with an obviously fake tweet) are why people love Joe's demise. We bring it on ourselves. Just stop and think "it is reasonable to believe Fields suddenly changed his story, admitted to something on this level and it's just a non-story". We should all be better than this--too many just want any reason to bash any program that's more successful than our program.
You are deluding yourself if you don't believe that Ohio St has been one of the most egregious offenders of this exact type of allegation over the years with significant evidence out there on many of their players through at least the last few decades. They've 100% earned that rep. They bought and paid for that rep. They should own it. They do cheat and have for a long time. That's why I find it funny the way Michigan has dominated the last 3 years by cheating more successfully. Is there even a player left on Ohio St's roster that has seen a win against Michigan in spite of Ohio St's rampant cheating and apparent talent advantage? Come on man, it is funny stuff.

You are deluding yourself if you don't believe that Ohio St has been one of the most egregious offenders of this exact type of allegation over the years with significant evidence out there on many of their players through at least the last few decades. They've 100% earned that rep. They bought and paid for that rep. They should own it. They do cheat and have for a long time. That's why I find it funny the way Michigan has dominated the last 3 years by cheating more successfully. Is there even a player left on Ohio St's roster that has seen a win against Michigan in spite of Ohio St's rampant cheating and apparent talent advantage? Come on man, it is funny stuff.
They all cheat--everyone cheats. Again, EVERYONE CHEATS.
That doesn't alter anyone that believed Fields said this on a podcast is truly delusional. As dumb as Field is, and he is, he's not that dumb.
Everyone should have read that tweet, laughed and dismissed it--you can still hate Ohio State all you want but believing this was said by Fields is insanity.

How much did Georgia pay Fields to take him from us?
Good question. They probably never anticipated they were going to then get outbid. I am sure after Fields sat that first year the OSU sharks smelled blood and opened up their wallets. Fields probably let it be known he was open for the best offer. But after all that still so NC for them.

Reactions: ncgolfer
Tressel and his sweaters tapped into the O$U boosters unlike Bruce and Cooper did. It was rolling when TPryor bolted Pa. But Clarette opened the treasure chest with his garbage. Tressel was out of control by the end of that decade. O$U just upped the ante with the Urbanator..

Taken from Google
As of July 2024, Ohio State football players received an estimated $20 million in name, image, and likeness (NIL) money from collectives and brand affiliates for the 2024 season, which is believed to be the highest amount in college football. The school requires athletes to disclose their NIL agreements within 30 days of receiving compensation, which helps to shed light on the total amount of money given to the program.

The story wasn't true yet we keep pretending it is
I think Ohio St's track record on players receiving impermissible benefits has most of us assuming that Fields who was enticed away from PSU and then away from Georgia, was also receiving impermissible benefits. Perhaps his admission on that particular clip wasn't true, but almost certainly he received considerable impermissible benefits.

I think Ohio St's track record on players receiving impermissible benefits has most of us assuming that Fields who was enticed away from PSU and then away from Georgia, was also receiving impermissible benefits. Perhaps his admission on that particular clip wasn't true, but almost certainly he received considerable impermissible benefits.
That can be said about almost every player on any team. It's not a fact and shouldn't be used as an excuse for losing games.

That can be said about almost every player on any team. It's not a fact and shouldn't be used as an excuse for losing games.
Which teams have Ohio St's record of impermissible benefits paid to players? I'll give you maybe Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Reggie Bush era USC. Not many others even close.

Reactions: bison13
Which teams have Ohio St's record of impermissible benefits paid to players? I'll give you maybe Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Reggie Bush era USC. Not many others even close.
And all those programs will tell you that Penn State and everyone else does what they do.
The reality is--every program attacks those that are superior on the field instead of just admitting they're better
Fields isn't currently at Ohio State--he's hurting the Steelers--so why is it even a topic? Especially off an obvious fake tweet.

And all those programs will tell you that Penn State and everyone else does what they do.
The reality is--every program attacks those that are superior on the field instead of just admitting they're better
Fields isn't currently at Ohio State--he's hurting the Steelers--so why is it even a topic? Especially off an obvious fake tweet.
You'd have to ask the OP why he posted it.

But the fact that you believe that the long history of illegal benefits at Ohio St is comparable to PSU where the only public knowledge of an athlete receiving illegal benefits was Curtis Enis being provided a $400 suit to wear to the Heisman presentation and he never played another PSU game again (barred from the Citrus bowl), this is why many posters don't think that you are a Penn State fan.

Ohio St has had a laundry list of incidents some involving hundreds of thousands of dollars and too many players to have a full accounting. In some cases, and almost all of those players never missed meaningful time or were ever punished.

They all cheat--everyone cheats. Again, EVERYONE CHEATS.
That doesn't alter anyone that believed Fields said this on a podcast is truly delusional. As dumb as Field is, and he is, he's not that dumb.
Everyone should have read that tweet, laughed and dismissed it--you can still hate Ohio State all you want but believing this was said by Fields is insanity.
The one thing more pathetic than believing everything you read on the internet is the age old excuse that EVERYONE CHEATS. This is typically the mantra of the morally corrupt to justify them committing crimes, cheating on their wives, or in this case illegally paying players. I’m not surprised you take this position as a Michigan shill. I didn’t believe this for a minute, but with OSU’s history with tattoo gate, Maurice Clarett, etc. you cannot compare PSU to OSU or Michigan in this regard. I believe Franklin does everything in his power to run a clean program and until I see proof that PSU is the same as everyone else I’m not buying what your shoveling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT