ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields offered cash by OSU boosters to leave GA

I don't need a history lesson. I'm well-aware and fully understand why he did it. You don't want to accept that reality. It's okay. I know that's tough for you.
Very tedious trying to educate someone who doesn't know what they don't know.
48-14.

Very tedious trying to educate someone who doesn't know what they don't know.
48-14.
Lol trying to make me a Pitt fan doesn't make sense on any level
I repeatedly say that there's only 2 conferences that matter and we should play them because it doesn't benefit us in any way.
I'm critical of all programs even the ones I'm a fan of...like most fan bases outside of this one where if you're critical you're not really a fan.

Lol trying to make me a Pitt fan doesn't make sense on any level
I repeatedly say that there's only 2 conferences that matter and we should play them because it doesn't benefit us in any way.
I'm critical of all programs even the ones I'm a fan of...like most fan bases outside of this one where if you're critical you're not really a fan.
More meaningless word salad.
48-14!

Fields was a 3* from Georgia (the state) when he committed. He went on to have a really good camp circuit, became a top 3-5-ish QB (I actually don't remember where he ended up ranked). I also forget the exacts of it but Moorhead left and home state UGA offered and he never came here outside of wearing a Buckeyes jersey.
I had to go look up Fields" final ratings on both 247 and the 247 composite. Trevor Lawrence and Fields were ranked 1 & 2 nationally on both ratings. I would imagine - without looking it up - that it was pretty much the same on the other sites (ESPN and Rivals)

Reactions: lazydave841
I had to go look up Fields" final ratings on both 247 and the 247 composite. Trevor Lawrence and Fields were ranked 1 & 2 nationally on both ratings. I would imagine - without looking it up - that it was pretty much the same on the other sites (ESPN and Rivals)

I couldn't remember how far he climbed, I just remember it was a big jump.

Just throwing this out there in the pond....​

Qulck Primer on OU's legendary history of cheating​

Posted on 7/25/21 at 9:39 pm
Windy City
iconTexasAM1.png

Member since Jun 2019
1804 posts

1889 -

50,000 people lined up to claim land in the new Oklahoma territory. Land could not be claimed until after noon of April 22nd. Most folks cheated and went out early. They were called "Sooners." Rather than condemning these dirty cheats, The University of Oklahoma embraced them and made them their mascot

1950s - OU hit by the NCAA for paying tuition to players that had already graduated.

1960s- Slush Fund Scandal. NCAA Sanctions

1970s - Multiple NCAA violations, Bowl Bans, TV Bans, falsfying transcripts to earn eligibility for players

1980s - Barry Switzer goes beast mode. The Boz and Charles Thompson getting paid. Players dealing drugs. Girl gets gang raped in the OU athletic dorm.

OU conducts an "internal investigation" and declares themselves innocent. Ex-players fess up to the NCAA anyway.

w620-61b38545f6c145ce9074776fdd485b98.jpg

w620-904363e49d40bfae9afd212e2cd8b4d9.jpg

1990s - OU stops cheating and is not competitive the entire decade.

2000s - Bob Stoops . . .one title . . .Rhett Bomar gets paid big bucks at Big Red Autos. More NCCA penalties and sanctions.

OU administration responds by "banning players from working at auto dealerships."

2010's -

Joe Mixon shatters a girls face. The Norman police department hides the video. OU President David Boren and Stoops watch the video and then allow Mixon to remain with the team. A lawsuit by local media forces the Norman PD to release the footage.

Bob Stoops does an interview with ESPN declaring that times have changed significantly in the 24 months since the incident happened and Mixon would certainly be kicked off the team in this new era of two years later.

Bob Stoops suddenly gets Urban Meyer heart issues and retires.

Windy City
iconTexasAM1.png

Member since Jun 2019
1804 posts

1889 -

50,000 people lined up to claim land in the new Oklahoma territory. Land could not be claimed until after noon of April 22nd. Most folks cheated and went out early. They were called "Sooners." Rather than condemning these dirty cheats, The University of Oklahoma embraced them and made them their mascot

1950s - OU hit by the NCAA for paying tuition to players that had already graduated.

1970s - Multiple NCAA violations, Bowl Bans, TV Bans, falsfying transcripts to earn eligibility for players

1980s - Barry Switzer goes beast mode. The Boz and Charles Thompson getting paid. Players dealing drugs. Girl gets gang raped in the OU athletic dorm.

OU conducts an "internal investigation" and declares themselves innocent. Ex-players fess up to the NCAA anyway.

2000s - Bob Stoops . . .one title . . .Rhett Bomar gets paid big bucks at Big Red Autos. More NCCA penalties and sanctions.

OU administration responds by "banning players from working at auto dealerships."

2010's -

Joe Mixon shatters a girls face. The Norman police department hides the video. OU President David Boren and Stoops watch the video and then allow Mixon to remain with the team. A lawsuit by local media forces the Norman PD to release the footage.

Bob Stoops does an interview with ESPN declaring that times have changed significantly in the 24 months since the incident happened and Mixon would certainly be kicked off the team in this new era of two years later.

Everybody does it, hah!

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69

Windy City
iconTexasAM1.png

Member since Jun 2019
1804 posts

1889 -

2010's -

Post of the day sir!

Windy City
iconTexasAM1.png

Member since Jun 2019
1804 posts

1889 -

2010's -

Yeah, good writeup as I've been following all of CF going back to the mid 1960s and Oklahoma is the one program from the 20th century that always seemed like it was under the microscope for doing something illegal. Name an NCAA rule in the time period and at one time - or another - they probably broke it

You know Lando is 100% correct and has convinced me! Joe was no different than Barry Switzer and Jackie Sherrill. Penn State was the same as SMU and Oklahoma in the 80s. I don’t know how I was so stupid as a kid growing up going to Penn State games and thinking Joe was doing it the right way. I should’ve rooted for the U or Oklahoma or SMU. And now as a PSU and fan of how Franklin runs the program, I could’ve been a Michigan fan and rooted for Harbaugh. At least I could say my team won a Natty. Franklin probably eats his boogers too like Harbaugh, but he doesn’t have the balls to do it on TV in front of everyone. While I’m at it I should just cheat on my wife since everyone cheats and she’s probably cheating on me like everyone else anyway. I also don’t know why I have been a law abiding citizen when I could’ve just stole things that I wanted. I mean once I steal things there already stolen so it becomes yours and you don’t have to give it back or face any consequences. From this day forward any time I think of doing the right thing I’ll do the opposite since everyone else doing the right thing are idiots and just lying to themselves.
My name is George. I'm unemployed and live at home with my parents.

pFtsku6.jpg

Tressel and his sweaters tapped into the O$U boosters unlike Bruce and Cooper did. It was rolling when TPryor bolted Pa. But Clarette opened the treasure chest with his garbage. Tressel was out of control by the end of that decade. O$U just upped the ante with the Urbanator..
LOL. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT