ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields offered cash by OSU boosters to leave GA

The one thing more pathetic than believing everything you read on the internet is the age old excuse that EVERYONE CHEATS. This is typically the mantra of the morally corrupt to justify them committing crimes, cheating on their wives, or in this case illegally paying players. I’m not surprised you take this position as a Michigan shill. I didn’t believe this for a minute, but with OSU’s history with tattoo gate, Maurice Clarett, etc. you cannot compare PSU to OSU or Michigan in this regard. I believe Franklin does everything in his power to run a clean program and until I see proof that PSU is the same as everyone else I’m not buying what your shoveling.
No program is clean. Not one. There's levels but the responses to this obvious fake quote are the exact reason most fan bases loved watch Paterno fall from grace. It's this holier than thou nonsense right here.
You believe we're better than everyone else. That has to stop. It's the same reason the Windsor stuff might get traction. Our fan base can't ignore anything.
Again there's no evidence Fields was paid...yet this threat is all about how even though it's fake we know he was. Be better than that.

No program is clean. Not one. There's levels but the responses to this obvious fake quote are the exact reason most fan bases loved watch Paterno fall from grace. It's this holier than thou nonsense right here.
You believe we're better than everyone else. That has to stop. It's the same reason the Windsor stuff might get traction. Our fan base can't ignore anything.
Again there's no evidence Fields was paid...yet this threat is all about how even though it's fake we know he was. Be better than that.
Paterno did not cheat. He was not paying players and actively trying to cheat to get ahead. Franklin does not cheat either. You can believe that Joe cheated and Franklin is actively cheating if that makes your warped mind happy.

Did Penn State have player issues under Paterno and now Franklin? Of course, we all know that.

Are there other programs as clean as Penn State? Yes, of course. Ohio State, Michigan and USC are not among those schools.

Paterno did not cheat. He was not paying players and actively trying to cheat to get ahead. Franklin does not cheat either. You can believe that Joe cheated and Franklin is actively cheating if that makes your warped mind happy.

Did Penn State have player issues under Paterno and now Franklin? Of course, we all know that.

Are there other programs as clean as Penn State? Yes, of course. Ohio State, Michigan and USC are not among those schools.
I have no doubt players under Joe and James got paid. In the 70s-90s it was way easier to keep things quiet. We're pretending KiJana only got a suit or just acknowledging that's all that leaked? I give them credit for trying to run a clean(er) program than most but I don't care about "levels of clean"--no one is perfect. This board continually attacks all other programs and even with something as stupid as this thread.

I have no doubt players under Joe and James got paid. In the 70s-90s it was way easier to keep things quiet. We're pretending KiJana only got a suit or just acknowledging that's all that leaked? I give them credit for trying to run a clean(er) program than most but I don't care about "levels of clean"--no one is perfect. This board continually attacks all other programs and even with something as stupid as this thread.
If some dumb a$$ booster was up to no good then yeah that could have happened maybe possibly, I guess. But very rare because Joe was in charge and very detailed oriented. He would not tolerate bush league crap and you know that if you are any kind of Penn State fan. It is pathetic that you're trying to accuse Joe and his staff of outwardly cheating and Franklin for that matter. That is the worst take ever on this board.

And again, other programs are clean. Not saying Penn State is better than everyone else.

If some dumb a$$ booster was up to no good then yeah that could have happened maybe possibly, I guess. But very rare because Joe was in charge and very detailed oriented. He would not tolerate bush league crap and you know that if you are any kind of Penn State fan. It is pathetic that you're trying to accuse Joe and his staff of outwardly cheating and Franklin for that matter. That is the worst take ever on this board.

And again, other programs are clean. Not saying Penn State is better than everyone else.
I am going out on a limb here but guessing if several players that came from poor or working class families showed up at practice driving new, fancy automobiles he would have pursued it, found out who was behind it, and banned him/her from and contact with any players.

But just a guess on my part 🤷🏻‍♀️

So coaches aren't responsible for boosters paying kids...then Ohio State is fine.
Joe was a great person but stop being naive and believing nothing negative happened under his watch. We know Enid was paid. This is why Paterno was attacked how he was following Sandusky despite him handling it as required. Because fans refuse to accept that anything negative ever happened when he was the coaches. Kids have always been paid by someone at every school.

Last edited:
I am going out on a limb here but guessing if several players that came from poor or working class families showed up at practice driving new, fancy automobiles he would have pursued it, found out who was behind it, and banned him/her from and contact with any players.

But just a guess on my part 🤷🏻‍♀️
But they still would have been paid right? Isn't this the point?

These consistent takes of negativity towards PSU (in this case because Ohio St has earned a reputation of cheating through many incidents of illegal benefits over decades) are why so many here think that poster is not a PSU fan. I mean it is really twisted if you are a PSU fan to take such offense to Ohio St being called out on their many, many incidents of illegal benefits paid to players that you accuse PSU of the same thing with zero evidence of that being the case. I'm not saying the guy is an Ohio St fan. I'm just saying that it would be really weird to be a PSU fan and have that type of response.

These consistent takes of negativity towards PSU (in this case because Ohio St has earned a reputation of cheating through many incidents of illegal benefits over decades) are why so many here think that poster is not a PSU fan. I mean it is really twisted if you are a PSU fan to take such offense to Ohio St being called out on their many, many incidents of illegal benefits paid to players that you accuse PSU of the same thing. I'm not saying the guy is an Ohio St fan. I'm just saying that it would be really weird to be a PSU fan and have that type of response.
It's not weird. Not everyone was brainwashed into believe the holier than thou nonsense. Paterno did it to lower expectations. Yes he cared more about education than most but that doesn't alter the reality. My issue is twofold...

1 that anyone was dumb enough to believe this in the first place
2 that even after knowing it was fake you all still wanted to bash Ohio State

I'm over the inferiority complex where everyone better than us is the problem. Georgia and Smart are bashed for discipline when then it happens here and it's not a big deal. Every program better than us is trashed and that stems from Paterno convincing many the winning was secondary.

Paterno's one of the greatest coaches ever. Penn State is one of the greatest programs ever but when everyone attacks Ohio State Michigan Alabama and Georgia nonstop while worrying about a mid tier Big XII team in our opener it shows how far behind the times we are.

Hell there's people here that still refuse to accept bowl games are scrimmages.

Not all Penn State fans need to believe it's still 1986.

It's not weird. Not everyone was brainwashed into believe the holier than thou nonsense. Paterno did it to lower expectations. Yes he cared more about education than most but that doesn't alter the reality. My issue is twofold...

1 that anyone was dumb enough to believe this in the first place
2 that even after knowing it was fake you all still wanted to bash Ohio State

I'm over the inferiority complex where everyone better than us is the problem. Georgia and Smart are bashed for discipline when then it happens here and it's not a big deal. Every program better than us is trashed and that stems from Paterno convincing many the winning was secondary.

Paterno's one of the greatest coaches ever. Penn State is one of the greatest programs ever but when everyone attacks Ohio State Michigan Alabama and Georgia nonstop while worrying about a mid tier Big XII team in our opener it shows how far behind the times we are.

Hell there's people here that still refuse to accept bowl games are scrimmages.

Not all Penn State fans need to believe it's still 1986.
It is 100% weird. If you knew a family that has been rung up on drug charges a dozen or more times and was thought to be the source of drugs that were found, would you then accuse your own family of almost certainly also doing drugs even though only one person smoked one J once and there is no other record of any drug use in the family?

Or if you aren't comfortable with drug use as the offense, replace it with any other offense. It doesn't matter what offense you are talking, accusing your own who have no record of doing what others have earned a reputation for many times over, is a very WEIRD response.

My bad--I got it right the second time. Confused elite backs for a second. My apologies to KiJana

It is simple stuff like this that indicates your lack of knowledge about PSU's football history. You lose all credibility about you claiming to be a Penn State fan. I have real doubts that you even know the other player's name without looking it up.

Reactions: bison13
It is simple stuff like this that indicates your lack of knowledge about PSU's football history. You lose all credibility about you claiming to be a Penn State fan. I have real doubts that you even know the other player's name without looking it up.
lol there's no lack of knowledge about Penn State football--when watching since the day I was born.
You're trying too hard with this nonsense. And actually if I hated Penn State I definitely wouldn't have gotten it wrong because it would be my entire focus of Penn State.
And Enis went 5th in the draft--who wouldn't know him. Next you'll tell me I'm not a Penn State fan because I don't think Trace is an elite QB or Smart is a better coach than Franklin. Do better.

It is 100% weird. If you knew a family that has been rung up on drug charges a dozen or more times and was thought to be the source of drugs that were found, would you then accuse your own family of almost certainly also doing drugs even though only one person smoked one J once and there is no other record of any drug use in the family?

Or if you aren't comfortable with drug use as the offense, replace it with any other offense. It doesn't matter what offense you are talking, accusing your own who have no record of doing what others have earned a reputation for many times over, is a very WEIRD response.
The comparison isn't logical. All programs cheat--all of them. The levels vary but they all cheat
Do you believe Enis was the only Penn State player that received money or benefits?

Apparently, you.
Lol you're so desperate its sad. You know better but you can't accept there's a single Penn State fan that doesn't blindly hate all other programs.
Guessing you're a Penn State fan that hates college football.

Lol you're so desperate its sad. You know better but you can't accept there's a single Penn State fan that doesn't blindly hate all other programs.
Guessing you're a Penn State fan that hates college football.
Not desperate in the least. Just like pointing out the strange world you live in.
I guess mich fans have no hate for OSU. OSU has no hate for mich. I guess this osu/mich rivalry is really a kabuki dance. Pitt fans love PSU just like PSU fans love Pitt. Auburn loves Alabama. Florida love FSU. USC loves UCLA. And, on and on.

You just have a strange idea that because PSU fans support their team (BTW, my PSU roots go back 100 years) they are somehow different than any other fan base.

After reading quite a few of your 15,000 post over the past 3 years, I am forming the vie that you are really a Pitt fan who supports mich, osu, and whoever can consistently beat PSU, fairly or unfairly. 48-14.

So coaches aren't responsible for boosters paying kids...then Ohio State is fine.
Joe was a great person but stop being naive and believing nothing negative happened under his watch. We know Enid was paid. This is why Paterno was attacked how he was following Sandusky despite him handling it as required. Because fans refuse to accept that anything negative ever happened when he was the coaches. Kids have always been paid by someone at every school.
I don't know if Enis got paid or what. He accepted a suit or whatever. So in your twisted mind this is now grounds to believe rampant cheating was happening for decades under Paterno. Wtf?? Your premise is a joke and misses the broader point.. One incident in 45 years and now Joe is a prolific cheater. Tom Brady must be a lousy QB not eligible for the HoF because he had one game with 3 picks.
You have no clue.

Also, if you were a Penn State fan you would know about Joe's Grand Experiment that turned into a reality. He was the first coach to have the vision. intellect and integrity to speak out about these football jocks getting an education and having a successful life outside or after football. You didn't get that because you believe he was too busy cheating.

I don't know if Enis got paid or what. He accepted a suit or whatever. So in your twisted mind this is now grounds to believe rampant cheating was happening for decades under Paterno. Wtf?? Your premise is a joke and misses the broader point.. One incident in 45 years and now Joe is a prolific cheater. Tom Brady must be a lousy QB not eligible for the HoF because he had one game with 3 picks.
You have no clue.

Also, if you were a Penn State fan you would know about Joe's Grand Experiment that turned into a reality. He was the first coach to have the vision. intellect and integrity to speak out about these football jocks getting an education and having a successful life outside or after football. You didn't get that because you believe he was too busy cheating.
Lando can't even get the story right. Put him on ignore and save the internet from 50% of the bullshit there.

Not desperate in the least. Just like pointing out the strange world you live in.
I guess mich fans have no hate for OSU. OSU has no hate for mich. I guess this osu/mich rivalry is really a kabuki dance. Pitt fans love PSU just like PSU fans love Pitt. Auburn loves Alabama. Florida love FSU. USC loves UCLA. And, on and on.

You just have a strange idea that because PSU fans support their team (BTW, my PSU roots go back 100 years) they are somehow different than any other fan base.

After reading quite a few of your 15,000 post over the past 3 years, I am forming the vie that you are really a Pitt fan who supports mich, osu, and whoever can consistently beat PSU, fairly or unfairly. 48-14.
Pitt fans are envious of Penn State hence the hate. Us hating them makes zero sense. It's being stuck in the past when they were remotely relevant.

Lol see now I'm a Pitt fan which is just hysterical but keep trying

You have no clue.

It has nothing to do with me believing Paterno was cheating. I never said he was involved in anything. I said it happened under him like everyone else.

Again, the grand experiment was simply a way to lower expectations and its still in play. Paterno cared about his students, as do most coaches, but it was always a way for him to get the fan base to accept down seasons because "at least we do things the right way".

You realize being a Penn State fan doesn't mean we all have to like "the grand experiment"...Paterno was still one of the greatest coaches with or without that aspect. The only real flaw to his legacy is he couldn't walk away when he needed to.

Did it matter that he wasn't the starter?
Playing time mattered...yes
But that isn't about money.
If we believe Fields was chasing money do we then believe he wasn't getting any from a single booster at Penn State when he first committed? If not, what changed that made him chase cash?

I still can't rationalize the reaction of a "Penn St fan" who upon seeing Ohio St's long and very much earned reputation for cheating by paying players illegal benefits (too many cases that were public knowledge to even post or recall), accuses Penn St of the same despite zero evidence of this and then attacks Paterno personally. It just doesn't add up.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I still can't rationalize the reaction of a "Penn St fan" who upon seeing Ohio St's long and very much earned reputation for cheating by paying players illegal benefits (too many cases that were public knowledge to even post or recall), accuses Penn St of the same despite zero evidence of this and then attacks Paterno personally. It just doesn't add up.
My head hurts...there was no attack of Paterno. The fact that you see this as an attack is part of my point. Enis receiving a suit proves it happened here. Like it's happened everywhere. That's not an insult to Paterno. Never said he was involved. No one is perfect which includes Paterno

Playing time mattered...yes
But that isn't about money.
If we believe Fields was chasing money do we then believe he wasn't getting any from a single booster at Penn State when he first committed? If not, what changed that made him chase cash?

Fields was a 3* from Georgia (the state) when he committed. He went on to have a really good camp circuit, became a top 3-5-ish QB (I actually don't remember where he ended up ranked). I also forget the exacts of it but Moorhead left and home state UGA offered and he never came here outside of wearing a Buckeyes jersey.

My head hurts...there was no attack of Paterno. The fact that you see this as an attack is part of my point. Enis receiving a suit proves it happened here. Like it's happened everywhere. That's not an insult to Paterno. Never said he was involved. No one is perfect which includes Paterno
That's where you are wrong. You have no idea it "happened under Paterno". None, zippo. Barry Switzer cheated, Woody Hayes cheated, Jackie Sherill cheated so Joe obviously cheated. What kind of ridiculous take is that?? Just your baseless opinion. We have the one incident with Enis and that is your proof we had boosters running rogue and a lot of cheating. Most coaches with any sense know about these things. Joe had his hand in everything and was very detail oriented. He would not stand for people potentially cheating, paying players and breaking other rules. Go watch the 60 minutes episode from 1978. That was a man with integrity, control and oversight over the program. He was in his prime and had established a culture for Penn State football that went on throughout his career. And as he got old the culture was set already. Joe ran the show. And that is why he took so much criticism for the Sandusky scandal. People questioned why the most powerful, influential figure on campus could not have done more. People knew what Joe wanted, Joe got.

As for the Grand Experiment, once again your take is so negative and anti Penn State it is lunacy. Joe did this because he was a great visionary leader who cared deeply about his players. He loved Penn State. By the late 60's he had spent almost two decades on campus and he believed there was a way to elevate college football and Penn State. To sling around crap that his motives were all about lowering expectations for wins and losses is an insult to every loyal Penn State fan.

That's where you are wrong. You have no idea it "happened under Paterno". None, zippo. Barry Switzer cheated, Woody Hayes cheated, Jackie Sherill cheated so Joe obviously cheated. What kind of ridiculous take is that?? Just your baseless opinion. We have the one incident with Enis and that is your proof we had boosters running rogue and a lot of cheating. Most coaches with any sense know about these things. Joe had his hand in everything and was very detail oriented. He would not stand for people potentially cheating, paying players and breaking other rules. Go watch the 60 minutes episode from 1978. That was a man with integrity, control and oversight over the program. He was in his prime and had established a culture for Penn State football that went on throughout his career. And as he got old the culture was set already. Joe ran the show. And that is why he took so much criticism for the Sandusky scandal. People questioned why the most powerful, influential figure on campus could not have done more. People knew what Joe wanted, Joe got.

As for the Grand Experiment, once again your take is so negative and anti Penn State it is lunacy. Joe did this because he was a great visionary leader who cared deeply about his players. He loved Penn State. By the late 60's he had spent almost two decades on campus and he believed there was a way to elevate college football and Penn State. To sling around crap that his motives were all about lowering expectations for wins and losses is an insult to every loyal Penn State fan.
You belive in the decades Paterno was here only Enis ever accepted a gift or money? Just clarifying...

He took so much unfair heat because THE FAN BASE acted better than everyone else.

Almost all coaches love and care about their players. The motives are clear. That doesn't make him a bad person. He's a great man and coach. This goes back to this board can't accept any criticism of Joe. None. Literally GREAT MAN AND COACH but accepting the reality of "the grand experiment" was also lowering expectations and kids still got paid under his watch shouldn't be hard to acknowledge. Every program has /had bag men. Stop pretending their aren't boosters at Penn State that would have been more than happy to give money to athletes. It naive believing otherwise.

Just like our fan base will make this whole Windsor situation worse than it needs to be.

You belive in the decades Paterno was here only Enis ever accepted a gift or money? Just clarifying...

He took so much unfair heat because THE FAN BASE acted better than everyone else.

Almost all coaches love and care about their players. The motives are clear. That doesn't make him a bad person. He's a great man and coach. This goes back to this board can't accept any criticism of Joe. None. Literally GREAT MAN AND COACH but accepting the reality of "the grand experiment" was also lowering expectations and kids still got paid under his watch shouldn't be hard to acknowledge. Every program has /had bag men. Stop pretending their aren't boosters at Penn State that would have been more than happy to give money to athletes. It naive believing otherwise.

Just like our fan base will make this whole Windsor situation worse than it needs to be.
I am simply saying this....

-Joe had a lot of control over the program and had high integrity. You said it, he was a great man. So my conclusion is that nefarious acts by boosters under his watch would have been very rare. I do believe the Enis incident was isolated.

-Joe was better than the bagmen driven programs. His ethics were higher. It was not just about football. How ironic is it that after all the crap that has gone on regarding the Sandusky scandal and you if you walk the football facilities there is nary a reference to Joe yet the library, the library carries his name!

-You also have to remember back in the 70s and 80s it was easier to control a program and watch over it.

Joe had faults. I am not saying he was perfect. I do believe he could have done more in the scandal with Sandusky and he admitted that. Letting bagmen run around and infiltrate his program is not one of them.

Why everyone does not have Lando on ignore is baffling to me.
It's the entertainment value he brings - someone who is wrong more than right but will dig a whole and keep throwing dirt on himself forever even with 100% proof of being completely wrong - truly speial type of individual - with an emphais on "special"

I am simply saying this....

-Joe had a lot of control over the program and had high integrity. You said it, he was a great man. So my conclusion is that nefarious acts by boosters under his watch would have been very rare. I do believe the Enis incident was isolated.

-Joe was better than the bagmen driven programs. His ethics were higher. It was not just about football. How ironic is it that after all the crap that has gone on regarding the Sandusky scandal and you if you walk the football facilities there is nary a reference to Joe yet the library, the library carries his name!

-You also have to remember back in the 70s and 80s it was easier to control a program and watch over it.

Joe had faults. I am not saying he was perfect. I do believe he could have done more in the scandal with Sandusky and he admitted that. Letting bagmen run around and infiltrate his program is not one of them.
If you believe in all his years only Enis year saw a dollar from a booster then you're exactly what I'm saying is the problem. We're talking about 18-22 year old kids. Of course some took cash.

All schools has bag men. Joe has zero ability to prevent that. In the 70s and 80s it was easier for these payments to be kept secret. Cash easily exchanged hands.

I never said Joe "let" or supported it. Im saying it happened everywhere. That doesn't mean he was coordinating it or supported it.

I really don't understand why it's tough to accept that, especially in the 80s, money was going to be given to kids no matter how hard Joe didn't want that to happen

You know Lando is 100% correct and has convinced me! Joe was no different than Barry Switzer and Jackie Sherrill. Penn State was the same as SMU and Oklahoma in the 80s. I don’t know how I was so stupid as a kid growing up going to Penn State games and thinking Joe was doing it the right way. I should’ve rooted for the U or Oklahoma or SMU. And now as a PSU and fan of how Franklin runs the program, I could’ve been a Michigan fan and rooted for Harbaugh. At least I could say my team won a Natty. Franklin probably eats his boogers too like Harbaugh, but he doesn’t have the balls to do it on TV in front of everyone. While I’m at it I should just cheat on my wife since everyone cheats and she’s probably cheating on me like everyone else anyway. I also don’t know why I have been a law abiding citizen when I could’ve just stole things that I wanted. I mean once I steal things there already stolen so it becomes yours and you don’t have to give it back or face any consequences. From this day forward any time I think of doing the right thing I’ll do the opposite since everyone else doing the right thing are idiots and just lying to themselves.

In 2004, Myles Brand (president of the NCAA) said, "Penn State is the poster child for doing it right in college sports."

Attorney Harry Hamilton once said of Joe, "Joe always told us his all-time team is going to be the players that played for him that contributed the most to society."

Reactions: bison13 and ryoder1
In 2004, Myles Brand (president of the NCAA) said, "Penn State is the poster child for doing it right in college sports."

Attorney Harry Hamilton once said of Joe, "Joe always told us his all-time team is going to be the players that played for him that contributed the most to society."
What does this have to do with what was said? You're all still taking "players were paid everywhere" to mean it's Joe's fault.

What does this have to do with what was said? You're all still taking "players were paid everywhere" to mean it's Joe's fault.
It has to do with your statement about what you think was the purpose of "The Grand Experiment." It's very tiring having to explain to you Penn State football history.

Brand and Hamilton were talking about "The Grand Experiment" which Paterno began talking about and implementing in his 2nd season.

Do some reading and less bs-ing, you will be a more enlightened football fan.

It has to do with your statement about what you think was the purpose of "The Grand Experiment." It's very tiring having to explain to you Penn State football history.

Brand and Hamilton were talking about "The Grand Experiment" which Paterno began talking about and implementing in his 2nd season.

Do some reading and less bs-ing, you will be a more enlightened football fan.
I don't need a history lesson. I'm well-aware and fully understand why he did it. You don't want to accept that reality. It's okay. I know that's tough for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT