ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Kayne Clary and Ace Baldwin propel Penn State to 74-65 win over Lehigh

PSU needs to find a way to schedule dates and time for these patsy OOC games to get them on TV. They aren't likely to be competitive but it would still be valuable to PSU fans and the program to get them on regular TV (B10 network or other cable TV, not on the B10+ subscription deal....) to give fans a glimpse of all the new players and get the fans hyped for the rest of the season.

Reactions: bison13
PSU needs to find a way to schedule dates and time for these patsy OOC games to get them on TV. They aren't likely to be competitive but it would still be valuable to PSU fans and the program to get them on regular TV (B10 network or other cable TV, not on the B10+ subscription deal....) to give fans a glimpse of all the new players and get the fans hyped for the rest of the season.
We've only got 3 games on BTN+ this season, so most of them are on more mainstream stations. Opening night is tough since everyone wants to play, so only so many games can be televised (and we're at the bottom of the food chain in hoops). And same with a night like tonight...definitely want a game the night before a home game, and most of the rest of the conference is also playing. I think both of those make a lot of sense to sacrifice TV for the right scheduling slot.

Every program has several OOC games against the low level opponents on BTN Plus, on top of it helps the conference generate some more money too. Although I can see these games shifting to Peacock more often in the future.

Every program has several OOC games against the low level opponents on BTN Plus, on top of it helps the conference generate some more money too. Although I can see these games shifting to Peacock more often in the future.
I understand that. But in Pittsburgh for instance, there is Mercyhurst at RIT college hockey on Sportsnet Pittsburgh where the Pens games are televised and other Pittsburgh sports also are shown. Why can't PSU and the B10 get these games on cable that people can watch on a Friday night before a football game as people have pointed out.

Interesting that we brought Ace off the bench tonight. He had started his first 81 college games.

Got off to a nice start, but went into a stretch where we got a little sloppy. O’Boyle missed those two good looks, but hope he keeps shooting.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Defense is looking terrible. Is O’Boyle going to make a shot this year? Clary looking good so far again.

Wow, not looking good so far, poor defense and turnovers. Losing 23-21 with 7:38 left in the half.

The ugly continues. Too many turnovers. 34-28 Lehigh with 3:40 left.

44-40 PSU with 15:19 left. Defense picking up, but shot selection is still bad and no offensive rebounding.

Getting out rebounded by Lehigh is not a good thing. 54-50 PSU with 10:41 left.

Reviewing seven million fouls to see if they’re flagrant is getting ridiculous.

Really turned up the defensive intensity in the second half…ended up being a decent defensive performance, but another underwhelming offensive night. This game reminded me a lot of the Robert Morris game.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Really turned up the defensive intensity in the second half…ended up being a decent defensive performance, but another underwhelming offensive night. This game reminded me a lot of the Robert Morris game.
Would like to see Wahab more involved in the offensive game especially on the offensive glass. Hopefully Hicks shoots better than 1-11 and 0-7 from three. Clary needs to cut down on the turnovers (7 is too many).

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT