ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet not redshirting

Heavy gonna be a grinder this year! I suppose Schultz is going to RS with Hall back, but a lot of exciting new talent to compete w/ AC and, presumably, Gable.

Reactions: diggerpup
Call me a size queen, but I love the heavies. Big thanks to Sam Stoll for showing kids what a huge opportunity existed at HW for those that wanted to be agile and not just lean/lay on their opponent for 7 minutes.

Call me a size queen, but I love the heavies. Big thanks to Sam Stoll for showing kids what a huge opportunity existed at HW for those that wanted to be agile and not just lean/lay on their opponent for 7 minutes.
Lol. Never thought I’d hear the term “size queen” on this blog. Avoid looking this up on urban dictionary.

Please include Tony Nelson in the ugliness category.

Seems to me our "reload" would be better off with him redshirting this year.
I’m not sweating Ohio State this year as they’ve got a lot of youth and holes to fill, so GK doesn’t move the needle much this year. But him having only 3 more years with the massive amounts of talent the Buckeyes are bringing in while we are replacing a second big exodus of talent is better than 4 more years.

Might want to throw Zach Elam, SO, Missouri in there. R12 last year, with a win over Thomas.
With the exception of Hall (returning from redshirt), my list contained those above Singletary in the Wrestlestat rankings. My question was "where does Kerkvliet fit?", and you've now mentioned Hillger and Elam. Are you suggesting they will beat the Ohio State wrestler?

AC and Gable at the top. It will be interesting to see how Mason does after a year to fully adjust. I could see Hall and Wood's size giving the young Buckeye some trouble. I'd put him in as a low AA (6-8) guy at this point.

I could see Hall and Wood's size giving the young Buckeye some trouble. I'd put him in as a low AA (6-8) guy at this point.

Kirkvliet beat Wood two matches to none in the U23 finals this summer. The matches were not as close as the scores may indicated.

Reactions: fronk71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT