ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs USC game thread

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
No score after 1st Qtr.
Both defenses w/excellent speed and playing aggressive. New USC DC (former PSU player D'anton Lynn) has their defense functioning and tackling better.

Good game. Adjustments will matter.

Last edited:
No score after 1st Qtr.
Both defenses w/excellent speed and playing aggressive. New USC DC (firmer PSU player D'anton Lynn) has their defense functioning and tackling better.

USC WR just made an incredible climb the ladder, one handed grab of a pass. Under replay review but I think it will hold up.

No score after 1st Qtr.
Both defenses w/excellent speed and playing aggressive. New USC DC (firmer PSU player D'anton Lynn) has their defense functioning and tackling better.

What a play by that USC receiver to set up the TD. Won't see a better catch all year.

I'm conflicted about this game. On the one hand, I want USC to suck so it won't be such a difficult game for us on the road.

On the other hand, if they're good, it would make a win against them more meaningful.

What a play by that USC receiver to set up the TD. Won't see a better catch all year.

I'm conflicted about this game. On the one hand, I want USC to suck so it won't be such a difficult game for us on the road.

On the other hand, if they're good, it would make a win against them more meaningful.
LSU, USC and Penn State are all in the mix for the same playoff spot so it really doesn't matter who wins--just a good early season game--hopefully.

Reactions: brupsu
Miller Moss looks smooth and throws a nice ball. He has some big time weapons too.
Agree. They have an excellent WR group.
PSU will have to spread the passes around to beat a team like SoCal. They have the secondary talent to neutralize Wallace III.

Reactions: brupsu
Both LSU and USC passing attacks look great. Everything is quick and decisive.

Maybe it's against weak defenses but both are as good or better than anything I saw yesterday. 23-27 passing so far.

USC up early--they're definitely the second best team we'll play IMO
Agree.
LSU, USC and Penn State are all in the mix for the same playoff spot so it really doesn't matter who wins--just a good early season game--hopefully.
Really like the variations LSU is using to get their TE in space for receptions. LSU capped off that drive with a nice 19 yard TD pass to their #1 WR. Tied @ 7. Great game.

Last edited:
LSU looking rather efficient passing the ball thus far, even if they've just now tied the score.

USC defense has a pulse, but nothing that screams "good defense" just quite yet. Early returns are good.

I’m certainly no LSU apologist, but damn, these officials. Right after the LSU delay of game explanation, USC moves at the LOS and no flag.

Watching Kelly lose never gets old.

Reactions: Jerry

Maybe it's against weak defenses but both are as good or better than anything I saw yesterday. 23-27 passing so far.

UGA in the 2nd half passed this well from what I saw. Ole Miss as well in the 1st quarter. Oregon QB had similar stats, but I didn't see much of that game to decide.

Reactions: bdroc

I don't think those defenses are weak.

Both of these teams have WR's for days.... what athletes. We are going to need an all around effort in many areas to knock off USC. A run game to control the LOS is crucial.
I can't wait for it--those are the games that make the season great--we're going to have to play our top game offensively because even if we're great defensively USC will put up points

LSU looking rather efficient passing the ball thus far, even if they've just now tied the score.

USC defense has a pulse, but nothing that screams "good defense" just quite yet. Early returns are good.
That pulse is faint. Given up 190 yards already in 1.5 quarters.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
Well, both USC & LSU made their FGs. Sure hope PSU can figure out who can consistently kick FGs

It's not been mentioned, but the clock continuing to run after 1st down has really eliminated possessions. These teams are moving with ease, but we have 10 pts each.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT