ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Brennan further exposes Franklin...

I'll take 11-2 and a bowl win every year. I really enjoyed the season.
It certainly was an overall enjoyable season and bowl game. It can be improved upon in one way: don’t lose any home games in 2023. Do what PSU did in 2022, but win all home games. That would make us 12-1, or perhaps 11-2, but with a win over UM. Now that’s a really enjoyable season!

Reactions: NedFromYork
It certainly was an overall enjoyable season and bowl game. It can be improved upon in one way: don’t lose any home games in 2023. Do what PSU did in 2022, but win all home games. That would make us 12-1, or perhaps 11-2, but with a win over UM. Now that’s a really enjoyable season!
Here's the issue. You have at least 2 teams on your schedule with equal and in the case of OSU better talent. To improve on 11-2 you need to beat someone with better talent AND win a bowl game against an unknown opponent (likely very talented if you have 10 wins to that point).
This also requires that the team doesn't have one single bad day. Always performs at peak ability and no bad calls, bounces, injuries etc.
That isn't the real world.
Games are played because winning isn't preordained.
This season (for every reasonable individual) exceeded preseason expectations. The same for 2016.
To me, nothing beats a team that gains momentum and finishes strong.
Athletes are human. Not computer chips. In MLB, why can a premier pitcher be unhittable on one start and get sent to an early shower 5 days later? Why do the very best hitters in the world go into slumps. Football is even more difficult to predict. You have to factor in injury.
I'm not big on predicting game scores, nor do I like predicting season records.....unless you use a range.....this 2023 team has the talent to go 12-1 or 11-2 (not factoring in a Big Ten Championship Game). However, are you accounting for an injured QB or two gimpy running backs. What then?
Franklins Fault? LOL

Reactions: 81b&w and royboy
2* from mid majors did not turn into 4* the day sanctions ended. They had 4 year scholarships.
Obviously they didn’t with back to back 7-5 records. He did a great job keeping us from losing records, but not near as good as what he did in four later seasons.

If you want to see a powderpuff schedule look at Georgia's next season...

Only 9 total Power 5 games because the SEC is still a joke with 8 game conference schedules. It’s very underpublicized as to how much of an advantage that is for the SEC (and ACC) in both ease of schedule and inflating records for conference teams.

Only 9 total Power 5 games because the SEC is still a joke with 8 game conference schedules. It’s very underpublicized as to how much of an advantage that is for the SEC (and ACC) in both ease of schedule and inflating records for conference teams.

And staying healthy

Mark Brennan exposes himself as a fraud.

Anyone read his garbage piece on the psu vs Indiana hoops? Indiana is 1-4 in conference. Here is a quote from Brennan, "That my friend is a quality win."

Shrewsbwrry beats a 1-4 team and it is a quality win but Franklin beats an 8-4 team and it is not a quality win.

16-17 were his best record totals. 14-15 his best job as a coach. Best win 16, best bowl win 17. Nothing much after that. Utah ehhh.
For Franklin, 2019 had:
- Most wins against top 20 teams
- Road win against top 20 team (only 2017)
- Only losses to top 10 teams on the road
- Best record in 7 point games (when multiple)

ADVERTISEMENT