ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Bucknell

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Bucknell is 2-7 so this should be an easy win. Only up 6 at half and getting out rebounded.

Wahab has 10 pts and 5 rebounds.

Keeping half an eye on the game I think the lads are still getting used to playing together. The passing isn't quite there yet but they should handle the Bison.

Mike Rhoades has work to do. They can't shoot and have no idea what an offensive rebound is. Other than that, I'll sit through this one and all the rest o_O

Reactions: johnmpsu and bdgan
Anddd...we blow a 10-pt lead. 45-45 11 to go
The defense is horrible. Lot's of double teams where they get beat and leave opponents unguarded. They just don't seem to play hard with their feet and they don't fight through screens.

Still being out rebounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13 and NC2017
I just turned it on a few minutes ago and you can tell there is still a chemistry issue. It affects them both offensively and defensively with rotations, though there are plenty of guys who are getting beat off the dribble unnecessarily. Until they can find a hot hand from the perimeter Q is going to keep getting doubles run at him.

I’m not surprised at the offensive inefficiencies, but definitely thought that the defense would be much better at this point. Defense always is ahead of the offense early in the season.

I just turned it on a few minutes ago and you can tell there is still a chemistry issue. It affects them both offensively and defensively with rotations, though there are plenty of guys who are getting beat off the dribble unnecessarily. Until they can find a hot hand from the perimeter Q is going to keep getting doubles run at him.

I’m not surprised at the offensive inefficiencies, but definitely thought that the defense would be much better at this point. Defense always is ahead of the offense early in the season.
It's depressing to watch Williamson back Wahab down under the basket.

Reactions: bison13
Bucknell shooting 57% from field. 48% from 3.

Double teams leave shooters wide open.

Terrible. With the huge personnel turnover, I knew that we would struggle in conference play. But losing to VCU and Bucknell is just plain bad. Second half defense today was poor. How do you give up 49 second half points to Bucknell? We also can’t shoot.

Bottom line. They aren't very good right now. Can they get better? Who knows. I don't think they can shoot any worse from 3pt range.

Perfectly normal outcome. All new players and they have not learned how to play together yet. Still think they can win 10 conference games and maybe make the NIT

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
There's no spin though--that's an unacceptable loss. First year coach or not.
It’s so predictable with PSU basketball: in the seasons after it makes one of its rare NCAA appearances: not only are they not as good as the previous season, but they’re much worse for a myriad of reasons. This program just never ever can build off of even a mildly successful season.

What’s so ridiculous about this season so far is that every one of their losses has been by nine or more points and, other that T A&M, the opponents who beat them haven’t been a murderer’s row.

Reactions: LandoComando
Can they get better? Who knows.
I think they can get better. Clary was obviously not 100%. That said, these kids aren't freshmen. They just lack toughness as if they were. I don't think they'll suddenly know how to stop opponents from penetrating and start rebounding.

Perfectly normal outcome. All new players and they have not learned how to play together yet. Still think they can win 10 conference games and maybe make the NIT
No real shooters from 3pt. They won't win 5 conference games unless they find good shooters. Bucknell shot lights out but our poor shooting gave them confidence, our guys had none.

Reactions: johnmpsu
So you’re saying that we’ll be “lucky” to beat Le Moyne?

We’ll win another 7-9 games most likely.
That’s overly optimistic I think. They’re a bad team, plain and simple. Poor shooting team and bad on defense as well. Not sure why in the world O’Boyle gets any time in at all. I hope they will improve, but if you can’t beat Bucknell at home, I’m not sure how high your ceiling is.

That’s overly optimistic I think. They’re a bad team, plain and simple. Poor shooting team and bad on defense as well. Not sure why in the world O’Boyle gets any time in at all. I hope they will improve, but if you can’t beat Bucknell at home, I’m not sure how high your ceiling is.
Back when I was in school we lost to Lehigh.

By my senior year we were "celebrating" A 10 wins over WVU and St. Joe's.

Bruce Parkhill slowly grew and coached up the program.

Our team was NOWHERE NEAR NCAA caliber- but neither were our hopes.

I didn't watch at all today but have a former colleague who was at the game.

I'd rather burn the $ and light my pubes on fire......

Tough day but hopefully our Coach can steady the ship.

As of now- there are no expectations- can only (hopefully) improve.

Disappointing how many offensive possessions turn in to one man trying to do it all by themselves rather than move the ball.

As far as the defense is .....the concerned perimeter players try to play up tight and get taken on drives, while the post gets backed down and beat too often. Seems to me they need to back off a bit outside and try to help down under.

Back when I was in school we lost to Lehigh.

By my senior year we were "celebrating" A 10 wins over WVU and St. Joe's.

Bruce Parkhill slowly grew and coached up the program.

Our team was NOWHERE NEAR NCAA caliber- but neither were our hopes.

I didn't watch at all today but have a former colleague who was at the game.

I'd rather burn the $ and light my pubes on fire......

Tough day but hopefully our Coach can steady the ship.

As of now- there are no expectations- can only (hopefully) improve.
I think the hope needs to be the coach can steady the ship over the course of the next couple years, certainly not this year. This team looks worse now than they did earlier in the year.

Reactions: jimdavis40
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT