ADVERTISEMENT

#9 Michigan at #4 Nebraska

I'm not an Amine fan but, man, Taylor just won with zero offense. Pretty adept at giving the appearance of activity, but he was lucky not to catch more stall calls.
I get it. Just never have been impressed. 3x AA and just shows me nothing. Had Taylor dead to rights a few times and can’t get the takedown. Just hate his style

Yeah. An android

Same here
No Entry Gary GIF by Global Esports

Van Dee beats Ragusin 3-2. Very questionable locked hands call against Ragusin in the 2nd. He lets Van Dee up for the escape. 2-0 after 2. Ragusin goes down, gets reversal with about 1:30 to go. Ride out wins it. Gets a restart with 8 seconds left and Van Dee escapes, Ragusin has 59 seconds of RT so loses 3-2.
There was locked hands. They never showed it on the replay because it occurred right as the TD was happening (they reset riding time to 0:02 when it was close to a minute in the mat), but I saw it in real time. The video judges called Angel over to look at it, so you know they saw it for sure.

What’s the correct thing to do there? There is locked hands that the refs don’t see and action goes on for close to a minute before they look at the next stoppage. While the call was correct, it was definitely totally unfair to Ragusin to lose all that riding time. And what if he got a turn? Would he lose the back points, too? There’s got to be a better way to handle that.

There was locked hands. They never showed it on the replay because it occurred right as the TD was happening (they reset riding time to 0:02 when it was close to a minute in the mat), but I saw it in real time. The video judges called Angel over to look at it, so you know they saw it for sure.

What’s the correct thing to do there? There is locked hands that the refs don’t see and action goes on for close to a minute before they look at the next stoppage. While the call was correct, it was definitely totally unfair to Ragusin to lose all that riding time. And what if he got a turn? Would he lose the back points, too? There’s got to be a better way to handle that.
The rule says to restart the match a the point in time when the call should have been made. So, like that minute and all points scored (back points, a pin, etc.) never happened. (it may be unfair, but that is the rule)

Got a chance to watch the replay of Lovett v Gomez. Wow, that was a beatdown by Lovett. Not even as close as the 11-4 score suggests. If that version of Lovett shows up at nationals it seems like everyone else will be competing for 2nd place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT