ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Syracuse Game Thread

34-27 PSU at the half. I know I’ll get jumped for being negative, but I don’t think the second half looks good for us...Syracuse is shooting much better than they were early in the game, and their zone is confusing us.
We all need more of your premonitions so everybody can do the opposite!

That's a very good win. The next four games are Wake Forest (H), tOSU (A), Maryland (H) and Alabama (H). Predictions for the W/L record in those games? I'll say 3-1. Going optimistic!
I think we have a great shot at winning the three home games. Winning in Columbus would be tough. I’ll agree with your 3-1 prediction.

For the first time in forever we have enough shooters where Wheeler’s offensive ability should not hurt us. Jones, both of them, Dread and Lundy can all shoot. With the floor spread Wheeler can get to the hoop enough to score 10 every night which, with not turning the ball over and playing plus defense, makes Wheeler valuable. I want to see Chambers string together a few solidly coached games before I get too nuts, but this team is good enough athletically to hang with most anyone. Chambers has done a fantastic recruiting job bringing in athletes. This is most certainly not a great Syracuse team, but it was like a dream watching how much more athletic we are then Syracuse. Anyone who says they envisioned that when Chambers was hired is lying.
But remember, we were better when Ed was taking players sight unseen, because he had a one and done

Reactions: Ski
I think we have a great shot at winning the three home games. Winning in Columbus would be tough. I’ll agree with your 3-1 prediction.
I'm not sure what to think of Alabama. They lost to North Carolina and Iowa State which is to be expected. The losses to Penn & Rhode Island look bad. This is definitly a game PSU needs to win.

Maryland and OSU will be very difficult. They can't afford to lose to Wake or Alabama. They have to come out of this stretch 2-2 at worse. 3-1 would make most fans very optimistic going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT