ADVERTISEMENT

McMurphy: Text messages show Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations

Tuning into ESPN Radio to check out their coverage (next guest is supposed to reveal this behavior is a 'pattern' for UM), but I have to suffer through the ads for the other ESPN radio shows. The one for LeBatard is about a minute of him talking about Mission Impossible movies - is that really going to get people interested? How f'n full of yourself do you have to be to promote a sports talk show this way?

I predict he's gone before my Publix closes tonight.

OSU-football-28xeupe.gif

I predict he's gone before my Publix closes tonight.

OSU-football-28xeupe.gif
This stuff is getting a little tiring. To those saying fire Urban - I say this is Ohio State. Unless probation is involved he's safe. Those national championships aren't going to win themselves and Nick and Dabo aren't available.

Funny how Emmert and Delaney have been silent with OSU and MSU - those ass clowns couldn’t wait to get on from of microphones when it hit the fan with PSU and before any legal actions had come to fruition - weird but not surprising. And yes these situations are not technically football related but closer to it than the PSU situation. Oh and where’s our $60M dollars? Not surprising since we aren’t one of the BIG 2 in this inbred conference.

It isn't just that he's the breadwinner. It's that the job/status may have been one of the the only things keeping him from being more violent. In a perfect world she'd be able to go to authorities, he'd be arrested/fired locked up for a long time and she could move on without fear. In the real world, people just like him get out of jail on bail while awaiting trial, ignore PFA orders and kill their spouse.

I can only speak for myself. If my BIL was ever to beat on my sister I would dial 911 if she didn't. And I would be there to greet the dirt bag when he got out of jail. But that's just me.

Funny how Emmert and Delaney have been silent with OSU and MSU - those ass clowns couldn’t wait to get on from of microphones when it hit the fan with PSU and before any legal actions had come to fruition - weird but not surprising. And yes these situations are not technically football related but closer to it than the PSU situation. Oh and where’s our $60M dollars? Not surprising since we aren’t one of the BIG 2 in this inbred conference.
And if Penn State got sanctioned, OSU absolutely should be sanctioned.

"I was never told about anything," Meyer said at Big Ten media days during a session with more than 50 reporters. "Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it."

Based on McMurphy's report, we now know that simply isn't the case. Courtney Smith told him, "All the [coaches'] wives knew. They all did. Every single one." And she had the texts to prove it.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

On the original Oct. 26, 2015 Powell Police report, a box on the form was checked indicating Zach had been arrested. However, nearly three years later – after I reported the incident last week – the Powell Police released a revised version of the report to the media and the arrest box was no longer checked.

“The terminology used by the Police Department was different in the original report (dated 10/26/2015) and inconsistent with what actually occurred,” said Megan Canavan, director of communication for the Powell Police Department.

Apparently
Urban knew.
The coach’s wives knew.
The coaches knew.
The police knew.
A police document was altered in spite of what they knew.
Urban’s mentor knew.
There were multiple attempts to conceal what everyone knew.
Now, we know too.

^^^^ Whoop, de're it is!! Proof of conspiracy to coverup.

Reactions: AvgUser
Misconception. It is not up to a victim to file a criminal complaint. The police decide if they should bring charges. Then the prosecution decides if they'll drop the charges, and many prosecutors will drop the charges if the victim recants. So when Urban sends de Fries and Bruce to Florida to convince her to recant, it is an effort to get the police not to file the charge or for the prosecution to drop the charges, and thereby cover up what happened.

Thank you, wbcincy!

Reactions: demlion
Imagine you are Earle Bruce. How do you support OSU FB over your OWN great grandkids? Or was he really stupid enough to think that he was not introducing danger into their daily lives, or at least tolerating danger in their lives? Sheesh.

If he was gong to be fired at this meeting, he would have his lawyer with him. Worst case is a negotiated resignation with a big severance package.

Urban Meyer has been placed on paid administrative leave. Ryan Day will serve as the head football coach for Ohio State.

Agree. But he in NE Ohio, if there is physical evidence of abuse, they will file even if the wife says their wasnt abuse

Any decent prosecutor doesn’t drop a charge if there is physical evidence and the victim later recants. You go forward with the evidence you have and let the fact finder decide.

this paid leave is just to act like they’re doing something while it blows over. Gives the news cycles a couple weeks, then announce some Friday afternoon (8/17) that the investigation cleared him and he’s back.

I think he’s gone. Probably going to negotiate a resignation pay deal vs being fired for cause and getting zilch.

Imagine you are Earle Bruce. How do you support OSU FB over your OWN great grandkids? Or was he really stupid enough to think that he was not introducing danger into their daily lives, or at least tolerating danger in their lives? Sheesh.

Earle and both his and her parents .... what were they all thinking? That woman was getting the sh*t kicked out of her by that guy and they seemingly did nothing except encourage her to sit there and take it.

Reactions: PSUHarry33
Imagine going 81–26–1 as HC of THE Buckeyes and getting canned for your efforts,

Earle and both his and her parents .... what were they all thinking? That woman was getting the sh*t kicked out of her by that guy and they seemingly did nothing except encourage her to sit there and take it.

I fear she may be in for a lot more verbal abuse and harrasment by some of the more rabid Ohio State fans.

The fact that OSU put him on paid Administrative leave is not good for multiple reasons. On the other hand an elite coach like UM is not going to sit idle for too long, as a matter of fact if it's not resolved real soon I see him stepping down. A Meyerless OSU means Franklin will have a shot at landing some of those recruits.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT