ADVERTISEMENT

Mcsorley and Allen dazzled today

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
Trace was accurate and firing some bullets. And Allen was special- really quick and elusive. Both QBs were quick on their feet, but Mcsorley also seemed to be able to throw off the run and find the open man. He seemed a little more in command of the offense, threw very accurate touch passes, and has the demeanor of a leader. I was encouraged by what he showed. I know these aren't exactly game conditions but he looked like he can make the plays. No knock on Stevens who was a little quicker to take off running as for the most part he was playing with the second string offense. Most importantly - it didn't appear that anyone was seriously injured.

Trace was accurate and firing some bullets. And Allen was special- really quick and elusive. Both QBs were quick on their feet, but Mcsorley also seemed to be able to throw off the run and find the open man. He seemed a little more in command of the offense, threw very accurate touch passes, and has the demeanor of a leader. I was encouraged by what he showed. I know these aren't exactly game conditions but he looked like he can make the plays. No knock on Stevens who was a little quicker to take off running as for the most part he was playing with the second string offense. Most importantly - it didn't appear that anyone was seriously injured.

Yup - nice to see but have to pump the breaks. Paul Jones looked like an All American in a Blue White game too.

McSorley looked good. But, in fairness Steven's was running 2 team O vs 1st team D. I thought Stevens showed promise as well.

I agree, except that he didn't really even have a full 2nd team OL. Most of them were also on the blue team. Although McSorley will probably still have a slight lead, I thought Stevens looked real good all things considered. He's not just handing the reins to McS, that's for sure!

No one talk about M Allen at RB but I think he's gonna get decent playing time. Makes stuff happen. I am a fan

Reactions: bxle
Yup - nice to see but have to pump the breaks. Paul Jones looked like an All American in a Blue White game too.
I disagree,best B&W game in at least 10 years,and squads were always set up like that.
Curt Warner sat out the 82 B&W game along with Kenny Jackson,i believe.When PSU played crappy in the B&W game,they played crappy that same season.

I disagree,best B&W game in at least 10 years,and squads were always set up like that.
Curt Warner sat out the 82 B&W game along with Kenny Jackson,i believe.When PSU played crappy in the B&W game,they played crappy that same season.

Finally watched the game last night and was also impressed though the squads were horribly uneven. If the Blue team didn't blow away the White, I would have been very concerned.

No one talk about M Allen at RB but I think he's gonna get decent playing time. Makes stuff happen. I am a fan

I thought it was a real indictment on Donovan (and Franklin to a lesser extent) that they didn't do anything to find ways to use Allen last year. A couple of swing passes, some screens, let him get lost behind the line and then pop out. I think he can be a contributor.

Funny, somehow I remember the 82 Blue White game very well, I remember it was the first one that was televised live, I also remember that we had a great swagger in that game, I knew we were going to be great, you could just feel it. Such a wonderful time: Toto's "Rosanna", Tommy Tutone "Jenny", the Briarwood Bash, and the Blue White game hahahaha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT