ADVERTISEMENT

Most creative way you sneak booze into the stadium...

That was actually my fraternity that did this. I was there. I think it was the game we lost to Navy 6-7 when we missed 4 field goals in a deluge.

Normally, since they sold Coke products in the Beav in my day, a pint of Baccardi was the go to beverage to bring in. I never worried about getting caught.
The day I saw it was sunny.

Back in the day (70's early 80's) guys at Pocono would buy an extra ticket to put a keg on there. I didn't start going until the 90's but this is the folklore I've heard from more than one person back then. Nobody even batted an eye as long as the seat was sold. It would be quite a hike with a full keg, the parking there is a lot like Beaver, spread out on grass. Cool story though true or not. I can certainly see it, having been there in the heyday.

3f663e8148f6bcf546d26115aec1da41.jpg
@LionsandBear, can you post a picture of you wearing this “device” for the AKB if that’s the way you decide to go? Seems like a good choice.

FLAG - But many and maybe even most of the 1,000s of young ladies previously pictured here could easily smuggle in quarts or in some cases even gallons of booze in their fake boobs!

Perhaps you're not allowed to bring in food but otherwise, here's an idea.

Get a bag of chips, preferably one with silver coloring at the bottom, like Snyder's of Berlin. Open the bag of chips at the bottom, carefully so you don't mess up the bag too much. Empty out some chips from the bottom and then put your flask inside. Then, staple the bottom shut. The point of having a silver bag was so that the staples would blend in.

Then, put the bag of chips in a paper bag, bottom side down of course, with some other stuff you're bringing into the game. The only part that's detectable is the bottom of the chips bag, and even it has the staples blended in with the color of the bag and plus, depending on how you arrange it they may not be able to see the bottom of the chips bag when they look in your paper bag.

I have a friend who always puts 3 or 4 beers in the hood of his sweatshirt, when they scan with the metal detector they rarely go that high. At one of the games the detector went off, he said, “Oh you caught me” and reached in grabbed one can and threw it in the garbage.... that game he only had 3 beers!

I personally go the water bottle of fireball route. I tuck it in the small of my back most times. As the weather gets colder, it’s much less challenging. Airplane bottles are also pretty easy to smuggle in as well.

I saw this as well, in 75 or 76. In those days, the student section was in the north endzone, which was only the lower bowl. Guys hauled up a quarter keg over the top end. No one batted an eye. In those days, everyone brought in a flask or two. It wasnt really a challenge. No pat downs, etc.
The search for booze at the gate was fairly perfunctory back then. You’d open your coat and get waved through. It was a simple matter to hide a fifth inside the back of your pants.

I drink enough to have a good buzz going into game and through the first half. Don’t feel need to stay buzzed for second half.

Reactions: MaconNitt
Late 70s typical run to the liquor store onWesterly Parkway cases of Bacardi pints behind the counter. Zero problem getting it into the stadium Bacardi and Coke yum

Thought I'd try out a new topic. I got a plastic flask for Christmas and i was thinking about where and how to secure it to my body this year.

Please share any creative ways you've done this in the past and if you have any recommendations for me, I'm all ears.
my stomach

At NCAA tournament games, I’ve put the plastic flask in the front of my pants, with the belt holding it in place. The majority of the flask is in an area they aren’t touching, and they’ve never come close to touching the part above the belt. Now, we had liquor in there that we’d put in the freezer the night before, so that presented a different concern.

Thought I'd try out a new topic. I got a plastic flask for Christmas and i was thinking about where and how to secure it to my body this year.

Please share any creative ways you've done this in the past and if you have any recommendations for me, I'm all ears.
Don’t even know if these exist anymore, but I had a pair of “barnoculars” during my college days, which worked like a charm. Never had them checked, although that may not be the case these days.

That was actually my fraternity that did this. I was there. I think it was the game we lost to Navy 6-7 when we missed 4 field goals in a deluge.

Normally, since they sold Coke products in the Beav in my day, a pint of Baccardi was the go to beverage to bring in. I never worried about getting caught.

BAC were your pals Ray, Brian and Irv? If not, they appropriated some other frat's ingenuity and made it theirs.

I drink my booze before I go in then I piss it out after I get in.

True story.

Don’t even know if these exist anymore, but I had a pair of “barnoculars” during my college days, which worked like a charm. Never had them checked, although that may not be the case these days.

Saw a guy pouring drinks from his binoculars a couple years ago in the North Upper Deck. I would say it is fairly easy to sneak booze in still, especially when the weather is bad. I have experienced folks with bottles beer, cans, etc. The only thing is it depends on the people sitting around you and how they will react. Some people don't give a crap. Others I have seen people go nuts and get the folks that smuggle booze in kicked out. My advice is be discrete with it when you get in there.

Saw a guy pouring drinks from his binoculars a couple years ago in the North Upper Deck. I would say it is fairly easy to sneak booze in still, especially when the weather is bad. I have experienced folks with bottles beer, cans, etc. The only thing is it depends on the people sitting around you and how they will react. Some people don't give a crap. Others I have seen people go nuts and get the folks that smuggle booze in kicked out. My advice is be discrete with it when you get in there.
Why do Debbie Downers try and get the smugglers kicked out? It's all in fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionsandBear
should try soaking a tampon in the liquor and then sticking it up something...that's what the tide pod eating generation does

You're a corrections officer at a prison and asking the AKB board how to smuggle in contraband? Hint: Think like an inmate. :)

Just a story about Dad circa 1980’s before all the security, he loaded up with small glass nips in all his pockets. He sounded like a f..king wind chime as he left the van. Often we’d have to meet him staggering around parking lot looking for the van. We’d only find him after lots cleared out. The next morning after an ND game he got up early, bought a CDT , returned to apartment, held paper up and announced “We Won”. First he heard! RIP Dad.

Twice I have seen someone pulling a rope up into the top row of the upper deck in the South end zone. The first time was at half time, I was in line on the concession deck and a police officer ran past me, so I followed to see what was going on. When I caught up to him, he had ahold of the rope with his left hand and was cutting it with a knife in his right hand. When he pulled it up there were two six packs tied to the line. The people watching gave him a cheer.

The second one was the same thing, but no cop and it went right to the top really quick.

I wondered how long the rope had to be.

Wouldn't it be easier to wear a flask in than to carry this...
th

I swear to God this is true....back in 73-74 a group of guys pulled a quarter keg up over the rail of the student section. One of them walked out of the stadium right behind me after the game. Now that is a big set of balls.
I will do you one better. I have seen a picture from a guy I know who was a student manager about that time, so he was on the sideline and took the picture. It was the Halloween game, and another student was on the sideline (not sure in what capacity) and was dressed up as Santa. Santa had his sack with him with a 1/4 keg inside.

The Dawg Pound in Cleveland got the moniker because the guys were sneaking a keg of beer in the Dawg House that they carried in while wearing the dog masks. The Browns’ let the thing get completely out of control and the next thing you know these clever idiots are peppering opposing players with dog biscuits. From there it escalated to beer bottles (glass ones). Brilliant!
LOl...that is funny. I went to a playoff game against the Bills (I know, several decades ago) and my browns fan friend brought a box of dog bones. We walked around and slid them into their coat pockets when they weren't paying attention. We got a kick out of them, some day down the road, slipping their hands into their pockets and finding a dog bone with "browns" stamped on it.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I attended during an era where they'd ask you to open your coat to visually look, but wouldn't pat you down or run a metal detector. In winter we'd have heavy coats on and would simply line both sleeves from shoulder to wrist with beer cans. It was an easy way to sneak in quite a few.

Reactions: Nittany_93
You're a corrections officer at a prison and asking the AKB board how to smuggle in contraband? Hint: Think like an inmate. :)
Can’t he just put it in his prison wallet like the inmates do? Better bring some hand sanitizers though.

Reactions: LionsandBear
I swear to God this is true....back in 73-74 a group of guys pulled a quarter keg up over the rail of the student section. One of them walked out of the stadium right behind me after the game. Now that is a big set of balls.
Had the same thing happen 76 while I was a guard in section NA. Didn’t turn out do well for the guys however, when one decided to relieve himself over side and into the wind. Police resolved the issue.

Had the same thing happen in 76 while I was a guard in section NA. Didn’t turn out to well for the guys however, when one decided to relieve himself over the side and into the wind. Police resolved the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT