ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite song every Good Friday, I like to think our

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
Lord and Savior would have liked this song had he ever heard it, but some think it is sacrilegious. If you find things sacrilegious at times, you may want to give it a skip.

Jesus--the Missing Years

I'll listen tonight...

For those not easily offended by "sacrilegious" songs, here are some of my favorites:

Drop kick me Jesus through the goalposts of life, by Bobby Bare

Me and Jesus got our own thing going, by Tom T. Hall

If I could have a beer with Jesus, by Thomas Rhett

yeah I think you will find this to be approximately in that vein.:)**

*&

I met John Prine when he played at Penn State. He was quite a character.

Originally posted by demlion:
Lord and Savior would have liked this song had he ever heard it, but some think it is sacrilegious. If you find things sacrilegious at times, you may want to give it a skip.
Thanks for the warning. Since it's Good Friday, I do think I'll skip it, but may revisit it at another time.

Well I'd feel just awful if I heard you died in a good Friday lightning

accident while seated at your computer.:)

Well, this site HAS been a lightning rod for criticism,

from CR and his cronies. And they do all think they are gods.

Wow, what a great post...Arguably my favorite John Prine song of all time. It's right up there with "Crazy as a Loon" and "In Spite of Ourselves." While I've never seen him in concert, I've watched many concert clips of him on Youtube. I've always enjoyed the comedy and sarcasm woven into his songwriting. On stage, he's basically a stand-up comedian between songs but some of his songs are actually pretty serious (e.g. "Hello in There" and "Sam Stone"). John and Jesus are two dudes I'd love to share a beer with..."Wine was flowing, so were beers, so Jesus found his missing years..." Great line, great song. It's only sacrilegious if you don't have a sense of humor, which I'm guessing Jesus wasn't guilty of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT