ADVERTISEMENT

National Emergency declared in Texas

Nonsense, the purpose of the pipeline is to offset oil and coal use, but it is definitely controversial in Germany.
So you're either ignorant or just lie for the hell of it.
Wow, you edited out the parts where you were wrong about the gas being for all of Europe. And as I stated, Germany is buying the gas. Sorry you’re not man enough to admit you were wrong. So now not only are you ignorant of the facts but willing to cover up your errors.🤯👺

Germany is already at 50% renewables and is committed to go to 100% by 2050. I don't know how the pipeline figures into anything but as another poster pointed out, it's a Russian company that wants to build it.

Committed, and yet building a massive pipeline. Sure.

The only number I actually quoted was 1500 turbines. I ask what a retrofit would cost. I would guess $1000 is lowball and that is $1.5mm. I would recommend jumping all over that but I would guess the real number is much higher.

Again, if climate your only issue you don’t need to discuss anything. You just need trillions of $ to implement the green new deal whether it works or not.

management screwed up the grid plan. So how do you fix it? How many turbines do you need to build? You can do the math because you don’t believe anyone else.

DOE discouraged using the waiver by using a huge number for the price. I don’t know if that drove decisions by ercot any more than you do.

It's my understanding windmills aren't really able to be upgraded. End of lifespan for them means tear down, landfill massive waste, and start over. Sadly, their lifespans aren't even that long.

Wow, you edited out the parts where you were wrong about the gas being for all of Europe. And as I stated, Germany is buying the gas. Sorry you’re not man enough to admit you were wrong. So now not only are you ignorant of the facts but willing to cover up your errors.🤯👺

One source said it was for Europe but most claim it’s to avoid coal and nuclear. Really has nothing to do with renewables other than the fact that it’s going to be 15-20 years before there’s storage capacity to make them viable as 90% of Germany’s grid.

One source said it was for Europe but most claim it’s to avoid coal and nuclear. Really has nothing to do with renewables other than the fact that it’s going to be 15-20 years before there’s storage capacity to make them viable as 90% of Germany’s grid.
So you were wrong to call me ignorant. Wrong to say I was lying. Guess your apology is in the mail.......🙄

Reactions: 91Joe95
So you were wrong to call me ignorant. Wrong to say I was lying. Guess your apology is in the mail.......🙄
You claimed the pipeline is needed because Germany doesn’t trust renewables. That’s false. They are just realistic that a massive conversion will take years and since they have abandoned nuclear, gas is the intermediate option until sufficient on grid storage exists to be 100% renewable. The fact that they are currently at 50% is proof that the capacity is there, but a storage is needed to get to 100%.
So just like with the ERCOT-DoE letters. You are dishonest and biased.

You claimed the pipeline is needed because Germany doesn’t trust renewables. That’s false. They are just realistic that a massive conversion will take years and since they have abandoned nuclear, gas is the intermediate option until sufficient on grid storage exists to be 100% renewable. The fact that they are currently at 50% is proof that the capacity is there, but a storage is needed to get to 100%.
So just like with the ERCOT-DoE letters. You are dishonest and biased.
Where did I say ‘Germany doesn’t trust renewables’? Post that comment. And don’t fear for unlike you, I didn’t go back and edit any posts.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT