ADVERTISEMENT

NC cheaters move on

Bloomberg_Businessweek_UNC_cover.jpg

Re: NC cheaters move on, It's all about the dollars!

Billions that is! Emmert loves those big bonuses.

I can't see how even a fan of UNC can defend what they did at this point. They ran a systematic program of cheating for decades. It would be like arguing Liverpool is better than Man United. If you have eyes you can see it ain't so. :)

Todd, GLOV has never defended what UNC has done.

Originally posted by SUPERTODD:
I can't see how even a fan of UNC can defend what they did at this point. They ran a systematic program of cheating for decades. It would be like arguing Liverpool is better than Man United. If you have eyes you can see it ain't so. :)
He doesn't repeat himself every post, but he's said around a half-dozen times how much the UNC scandal pains him, and what they did is unacceptable. Just sayin'.

This post was edited on 3/22 11:51 AM by LionJim

Re: Todd, GLOV has never defended what UNC has done.

I know. I was just trying to work in a way to allude to the ass whooping United gave Liverpool for the second time this year.
smile.r191677.gif

Ah, my cue to MMOFB.

Originally posted by SUPERTODD:
I know. I was just trying to work in a way to allude to the ass whooping United gave Liverpool for the second time this year.
smile.r191677.gif
I kind of wondered where you were coming from. Ah, he's a big boy, doesn't need me standing up for him.

First, it is obvious many of you were not humbled enough during the Sandusky scandal with media (national and local) pouncing on Paterno and Penn State without waiting for the full truth to come out. You need to worry only about Penn State and not about UNC, Pitt, Ohio State or what other schools are doing.

The issue at UNC will be dealt with and they will get punishment. But, attacking the whole UNC basketball program and Roy Williams shows you guys never read the Weinstein Report which was an independent investigation. It basically exonerates Williams from having his players in these AFAM academic scandal. The men's football and women's basketball programs should take the most punishment as their athletes comprise majority of the athletes taking these classes.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/story/1530470-williams-unc-respond-to-si-article

Thanks guys!

True, I'm a big boy but I do appreciate the RE-quoting of my feelings toward UNC.

And now one-more-time for the record:

UNC needs to be punished and sooner than later.

They let me down as well as thousands of others.

I (think) that I proposed prior that the penalties IMO should be:

50% scholarship reduction for 4 years on ALL sports.

Ban UNC men's basketball team from ACC and NCAA tournament play for 2 years.

Declare that ALL students {cough! cough!} who graduated with theses fake classes whose credits counted toward their diploma as NOT graduating.

That $hould get the law$uit$ going again$t UNC if you catch my drift.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT