ADVERTISEMENT

Next year at 184

Rasheed to 197 and be a full fledged 197 at that means he is walking around this summer at 210.

50lbs of bulk in 8 months can only be achieved in eastern Europe or w Barry Bonds type training methods.

He has the Q type frame to be a 197 but he is not Q in so many ways.

Battle it out at 184 w mouse and best man goes.

I personally see the Zain, Nolf and Nickal sticking in '16 with Cenzo slipping in at 65 and Rasheed battling senior McCutcheon for the 84# spot.
+1. Don't mess with success! It would be exciting to see Rasheed up at 184. He'd still be long for the weight, and if able to wrestle the full 7 minutes, will be a bear.

This. And I don't see Cutch rolling over for Rasheed at 184. People forget how good he was this year before injuries.

Fair enough, and my bad on Cutch's eligibility. I thought he was a junior. That said, our program is college wrestling's gold standard and has been for a while now. Inevitably there are going to be people relegated to 2nd string. Let the best man win and let them all celebrate the team's success, I say.

Rasheed to 197 and be a full fledged 197 at that means he is walking around this summer at 210.

50lbs of bulk in 8 months can only be achieved in eastern Europe or w Barry Bonds type training methods.

He has the Q type frame to be a 197 but he is not Q in so many ways.

Battle it out at 184 w mouse and best man goes.
Rasheed should go 184 trust me. He will do very well and make the team stronger. He just needs to hit the weights hard now !

Rasheed should go 184 trust me. He will do very well and make the team stronger. He just needs to hit the weights hard now !
You've posted this about 20x since Friday We all get it. You think Rasheed beats out Mouse easily.

Let me ask you this: based upon what evidence? Let's forget his gassing out losses. Exactly who has he beaten that compares to some of the guys Mouse has already beaten at 184: Zavatsky, Dudley, Koepke, Courts, Christensen, Brooks, Miklus, Stauffer.

I don't see any evidence that Rasheed is close to beating Zavatsky or Dudley. Mouse beat Zavatsky 8-0 last year and 18-4 this year.

I do think he can push Mouse to be better.

Reactions: drock1971
You've posted this about 20x since Friday We all get it. You think Rasheed beats out Mouse easily.

Let me ask you this: based upon what evidence? Let's forget his gassing out losses. Exactly who has he beaten that compares to some of the guys Mouse has already beaten at 184: Zavatsky, Dudley, Koepke, Courts, Christensen, Brooks, Miklus, Stauffer.

I don't see any evidence that Rasheed is close to beating Zavatsky or Dudley. Mouse beat Zavatsky 8-0 last year and 18-4 this year.

Jefe, Who are you talking to? Not me I hope.

or, Mouse can go up to 197...like I said I don't "see" it, but I didn't see Jimmy at 141 either, and that's what happened.

Spyker thinks Corey Rasheed is Ed Freakin Ruth.
He's not Ed Ruth, but he is a damn good wrestler with the potential to stand on top of that podium one day, provided he solves the gas tank problem, which it APPEARS is related to the weight pull that was too difficult to manage. At 184, there won't be any problem with weight pull, so HOPEFULLY his gas tank problem will be over, and he will be able to wrestle the full 7 minutes, and be able to wrestle two matches in a day, which is what is required to win tournaments.

Like I said, too many clear memories of Andrew Alton. I remain somewhat cautious about this.

Disagree, I don't see Nolf or Nickal moving up a next year. Neither wrestler looks even remotely challenged at his current weight and both are legit national title contenders as redshirt freshman Could one or both of them grow? Sure, but that's all speculation.

I personally see the Zain, Nolf and Nickal sticking in '16 with Cenzo slipping in at 65 and Rasheed battling senior McCutcheon for the 84# spot.

Agree Brian. I'd assume Bo moves up to 84 when Hall is ready after shirt year. I'd also assume there'd be a good fight at 84 next year.

Also, I'd agree with Nolf at 57 again next year. Interesting to see what happens when Manville is ready after 1 or 2 shirt years. One shirt year for Manville, if Nolf moves up to 65, then Manville could slot into 57, but that creates a problem with Vjo. If Nolf stays at 57 for 2 years, then no spot for Manville. If Manville shirts for 2 years, then 49 opens up, but I'd assume Manville may be too big for 49 in 2 years. As many others have said, these are good problems to have. I may be in minority here, but I can see Nolf staying at 57 for 2 more years.

Question - any chance Nevills Brother 2 gets a crack at 97 next year if Cassar isn't back?

Here's a question...what about Stout? He had a decent RS year. Could he possibly challenge at 97? I'm mean, I'm sure he'll get a chance to compete but is he at a level worthy (or capable) of beating say Cassar or starting?

Don't mean to come off badly against Cassar, but does he have good results in folk when he redshirted that make some think he is the favorite for the spot? I understand his great freestyle results, but have not seen much in folk. Stout may be closer than some think when next year comes around. I'm sure they will battle, as will Rasheed/Cutch it sounds like. All will be better for it, that much I know. That room is fantastic.

Reactions: Ja1339
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT