ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Free Agency & Trades -- 2019

Savings covers Malik Jackson's contract.

Should get DJax back on the cheap. Maybe a splash at LB or S/CB? Unlikely, because the reality is Wentz needs to get paid and rolling over $5-$10 million goes a long way to helping the team next year.

My guess is resign Hicks and add a cheap secondary player then draft 1. DT, 2. RB, 3.OT/WR
all sounds reasonable to me.

all sounds reasonable to me.
I would really love to see them take Bates late in the draft. Could compete for Brooks spot if he can't go and is another long term option at OT.

If anyone's counting that's 3 PSU players I hope the birds pull (Sanders, Miller, Bates).

Free agency starts on March 11th. In advance of this date, teams are making trades, releasing players, etc.

Please discuss all NFL transactions in this thread.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Steelers take any of these guys...

Landon Collins (S)
Earl Thomas (S) he would be my first choice.
Lamarcus Joyner (S)

CJ Mosley (LBR)
Anthony Barr (LBR)

Don't forget the Raiders are moving to Vegas soon, and Nevada has no state income tax. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the hot FA destination in the next few years.

Florida and Texas already have that...Don't see too many teams in these states getting more than their fair share of FAs.

Being reported Jesse James is going to Detroit.

Collegian Football Retweeted
Tyler King‏@King_TylerB 6m6 minutes ago
Tyler King Retweeted Adam Schefter

Former #PennState tight end Jesse James is officially not returning to the Steelers.

Tyler King added,

Adam SchefterVerified account@AdamSchefter
Former Steelers’ TE Jesse James intends to sign with the Detroit Lions, as @MikeGarafolo reported.
0 replies1 retweet0 likes

DJax confirmed to the Eagles.

Sounds like Wiz not resigned - sorry Sluggo
well here's page 2...
he Eagles have signed center Jason Kelce, left guard Isaac Seumalo and left tackle Jason Peters to new contracts this offseason, but they will be parting ways with one of their other linemen.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the team will not pick up Stefan Wisniewski’s option for the 2019 season.

Wisniewski spent the last three seasons with the Eagles and made at least six starts in each season. He also started all three postseason games during the team’s run to the Super Bowl LII title.

Wisniewski saw playing time at center and guard over that period of time and Garafolo reports that there have been indications that the Jets would be interested in him if the Eagles declined the option. They are set to add guard Kelechi Osemele in a trade with the Raiders, but center is a spot of need.

and I agree with Tom...no way Brooks will be ready.

DJax confirmed to the Eagles.

Sounds like Wiz not resigned - sorry Sluggo
how does DJAX effect Nelson Agholor?

With DeSean Jackson on the way to Philadelphia, could Nelson Agholor be on the way out?

We noted last month that the Eagles have a decision to make on Agholor, who has a base salary of $9.387 million this season. The Eagles can cut him and owe him no further money.

Jackson and Agholor could certainly coexist in the Eagles’ offense, but with DeSean Jackson’s $10 million cap hit now coming on the books along with Alshon Jeffery‘s $14.725 million cap hit, that’s an awful lot of money to spend at the wide receiver position. The Eagles may decide that Agholor needs to either take a pay cut or get cut.

If Agholor gets cut, he’ll be an unrestricted free agent, and there will certainly be a market for a 25-year-old who started all 16 games for a playoff team last year. But maybe not a big enough market for Agholor to make more money than he would with the Eagles.

how does DJAX effect Nelson Agholor?

With DeSean Jackson on the way to Philadelphia, could Nelson Agholor be on the way out?

We noted last month that the Eagles have a decision to make on Agholor, who has a base salary of $9.387 million this season. The Eagles can cut him and owe him no further money.

Jackson and Agholor could certainly coexist in the Eagles’ offense, but with DeSean Jackson’s $10 million cap hit now coming on the books along with Alshon Jeffery‘s $14.725 million cap hit, that’s an awful lot of money to spend at the wide receiver position. The Eagles may decide that Agholor needs to either take a pay cut or get cut.

If Agholor gets cut, he’ll be an unrestricted free agent, and there will certainly be a market for a 25-year-old who started all 16 games for a playoff team last year. But maybe not a big enough market for Agholor to make more money than he would with the Eagles.
I suspect they will try to restructure DJax.
I believe they have until Wed to decide on NA. I suspect your sentiment is correct though.

I suspect they will try to restructure DJax.
I believe they have until Wed to decide on NA. I suspect your sentiment is correct though.
I saw this...The Eagles have worked out a contract restructure with Jackson, who was entering the final year of his deal. Jackson will get $13 million guaranteed, Mortensen reports.
So I don't know if that effects NA or not.

eneral Manager Howie Roseman said at the Combine the Eagles still were deciding on Carson Wentz‘s backup. Considering Wentz has missed eight games the past two seasons, the Eagles need a reliable backup to replace Nick Foles, who agreed to terms with Jacksonville.

Nate Sudfeld will get a chance to compete for the job after the Eagles extended a second-round restricted tender to the quarterback, according to Adam Caplan of SiriusXM NFL Radio.
Sudfeld still can negotiate with other teams, but the Eagles will have a chance to match any offer. They will receive a second-round draft choice if they choose not to match.

The tender is worth $3.1 million.

The Eagles are expected to seek a veteran

Jets sign Redskins WR Jamison Crowder. Damn, big loss for Washington, but not unexpected. Crap.
With Trey Quinn, I thought that the writing was on the wall. Going into the offseason, I thought the right move was to let Crowder and Smith both walk (and dump Z Brown).

The Jacksonville Jaguars will sign former Eagles quarterback Nick Foles to a four-year deal worth $88 million, according to ESPN and multiple sources.

The deal includes $50.125 million in guaranteed money, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26231282/source-foles-jags-88m-50m-guaranteed
Wow... expected the Jags but not the price.

In other news, saw a ticker which said the Eagles are trading for Desean Jackson. Another "Wow" for that one.

eneral Manager Howie Roseman said at the Combine the Eagles still were deciding on Carson Wentz‘s backup. Considering Wentz has missed eight games the past two seasons, the Eagles need a reliable backup to replace Nick Foles, who agreed to terms with Jacksonville.

Nate Sudfeld will get a chance to compete for the job after the Eagles extended a second-round restricted tender to the quarterback, according to Adam Caplan of SiriusXM NFL Radio.
Sudfeld still can negotiate with other teams, but the Eagles will have a chance to match any offer. They will receive a second-round draft choice if they choose not to match.

The tender is worth $3.1 million.

The Eagles are expected to seek a veteran
Fitzmagic?

JJames’ tenure in Pittsburgh was “not impressive”.

For better or worse, I’m sure the Steeler folks figured that was a role they could fill with a league-minimum guy.
You should have prefaced your post with an IMO. IMHO, Jesse made many clutch catches that kept drives alive. And his blocking was underrated big time. There were many plays that TV announcers called his number for making a key block.

Reactions: LionJim and BBrown
Adam Schefter‏Verified account@AdamSchefter
Former Vikings’ DT Sheldon Richardson intends to sign a three-year deal with the Cleveland Browns when free agency opens Wednesday, a source tells ESPN. Cleveland’s opening-day front four now expected to be DE Myles Garrett, DT Larry Ogunjobi, Richardson and DE Emmanuel Ogbah.

JJames’ tenure in Pittsburgh was “not impressive”.

For better or worse, I’m sure the Steeler folks figured that was a role they could fill with a league-minimum guy.

Like I said I think The Steelers "moved on" from JJames after the NE playoff game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT