ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Free Agency & Trades -- 2019

Like I said I think The Steelers "moved on" from JJames after the NE playoff game.

JJ was a good guy. I like him, but honestly I don’t think he is very good. He gets bonus points for being from PSU. Watch how athletic McDonald is compared to him.

not sure how i feel for Barkley. I didn’t like OBJ antics but he did open up the field for Barkley last year. Now Giant have no threat.

Browns are going to be tough. Hunt and Chubbs. Landry and Beckham.

Crazy as it sounds Browns are my pick to win the Division.
Steelers are trying but they haven't added all the pieces Cleveland has.
Should be a good fight between them.
Baltimore and Cincy are... well they are in the division.

not sure how i feel for Barkley. I didn’t like OBJ antics but he did open up the field for Barkley last year. Now Giant have no threat.

Risky but it could work out. Not sold on Haskins though, we proved he is absolute dogshit when under pressure.

Reactions: Mr. Nickels 11
Crazy as it sounds Browns are my pick to win the Division.
Steelers are trying but they haven't added all the pieces Cleveland has.
Should be a good fight between them.
Baltimore and Cincy are... well they are in the division.
The Steelers and Bengals will be irrelevant in that division. Bengals will play hard for a new coach but talent will constrain their success. As for Steelers, until they can Colbert and Tomlin they are going nowhere fast.

You have to assume the browns are suddenly the favorites too win the division. Amazing. I am not the biggest obj fan but why not at this point

OBJ was one of the most overrated receivers out there and having Eli and OBJ was not a good combination (like Shockey and Eli)

LdN

Giants newest play was leaked online after the trade. They are gonna line Saquon up at QB...

4-C83805-B-F7-B0-4-BCA-AAD8-2449669-D2-CB3.gif

Reactions: uscgPSU and bmw199

OBJ has been injury prone. Along with his attitude, I think NYG was ok taking the ransom they got for him. Smart timing. Cincy is in transition. Ravens are not a settled contender. Steelers appear to be weaker than they have been in years. Make the moves now. The team had been in the gutters gutter prior to last year.

The Steelers and Bengals will be irrelevant in that division. Bengals will play hard for a new coach but talent will constrain their success. As for Steelers, until they can Colbert and Tomlin they are going nowhere fast.

Don’t agree. Have you seen The Ravens?
Steelers and Browns will be fighting it out for the division.

Solid is an accurate description. He wasn’t stellar, and with his overall tangibles plus DCs having a book on him now, I’m not seeing a next level on the horizon.
He set the single season record for td passes after not starting the first two games. He came in second, barely, for rookie of the year and had a QB rating of almost 100. He took a team that won one game in two years to a wisker of making the playoffs. What were you expecting from a rookie?

Howie should get on the phone and start picking over the Giants carcass. What would it take for Barkley?

Reactions: PSU_Chicago
Personally, feel this is a bad trade for the browns. They have up too much. They may replace Peppers but actually first and third was too much. I'd rather they picked up a WR with the 17 pick. And kept the third round pick. OBJ is great but is a head case. They do have Jarvis Landry though. Looks like they are going for a ring in the next two years

Personally, feel this is a bad trade for the browns. They have up too much. They may replace Peppers but actually first and third was too much. I'd rather they picked up a WR with the 17 pick. And kept the third round pick. OBJ is great but is a head case. They do have Jarvis Landry though. Looks like they are going for a ring in the next two years
If you have a good QB on a rookie deal you have to go for it. For instance life is not going to be as easy for the Eagles after Wentz needs resigned.

Reactions: Obliviax
If you have a good QB on a rookie deal you have to go for it. For instance life is not going to be as easy for the Eagles after Wentz needs resigned.
you make a good point. its cleveland and being able to retain top talent when their contract is up hasn't been our "thing".

Sucks for Barkley...now every defender can key on him. And Eli’s passing will be totally useless.

I see it as a positive for Barkley. The Giants sucked, even with the best RB in the NFL. Unloading a pain in the a$$ like OBJ is a net positive with all they received in picks. Now they have loads of draft choices to build a young team around Barkley, as their needs are many. They can now draft a QB, WR and build their OL as well as add to their defense. They have an over the hill and over rated statue of a QB, an average or below average OL, and had to rebuild around Barkley - and that is what they are doing. Barkley just needs to stay healthy and be the leader of a potentially up and coming team.

Last edited:
Reactions: djr4rebs and BBrown
Since Colbert took over (2000), the Steelers have won 212 games.
Only the Patriots have won more over those 19 seasons.

So, yeah, obviously :)

And that point is well taken. But when we look back some day, it will be impossible to defend how over a 6 year span in their primes, Ben, LeVeon, Antonio Brown, a top 5 OL and some combo of Emmanuel Sanders, Heath Miller, and Juju Smith-Schuster won all of 3 playoff games.

The coaching takes a lot of blame IMO. Tomlin has a terrible history in games against inferior opponents (owning I believe more than half of all losses by road 10+ point favorites over the last decade) which have cost them playoff appearances more than once. He's also atrocious in late game clock management, as well as use of challenges.

With respect to Colbert, I don't know if it's him or the ownership, but the Steelers use of large signing bonuses with little guaranteed money thereafter has proven to be a huge mistake in strategy and led in part to the loss of Brown and Bell. It's also a strategy that results in $20M in dead money when a situation like AB's plays out. The Steelers put themselves in a position of using that strategy out of necessity due to poor cap management in the past, and its a cycle they've been unable to get out of.

I see it as a positive for Barkley. The Giants sucked, even with the best RB in the NFL. Unloading a pain in the a$$ like OBJ is a net positive with all they received in picks. Now they have loads of draft choices to build a young team around Barkley, as their needs are many. They can now draft a QB, WR and build their OL as well as add to their defense. They have an over the hill and over rated statue of a QB, an average or below average OL, and had to rebuild around Barkley - and that is what they are doing. Barkley just needs to stay healthy and be the leader of a potentially up and coming team.

Looks to me like they are going to go get the qb they want and to move up it will take the draft picks the Browns just send them. IMHO It's gonna be probably 3 years or more until the Giants contend again assuming their draft picks pan out. They need to draft a qb this year and may or may not have a year to learn behind Eli then by the time the qb gets up to speed a year after that, to me will likely be 3 years. Plus rebuilding an Oline and the holes on defense.

Don’t agree. Have you seen The Ravens?
Steelers and Browns will be fighting it out for the division.
What the Browns are doing now reminds me of what the Redskins have been doing for years with Snyder as owner and we all know how that has turned out. They are the Browns, after all.

Reactions: djr4rebs
The coaching takes a lot of blame IMO. Tomlin has a terrible history in games against inferior opponents (owning I believe more than half of all losses by road 10+ point favorites over the last decade) which have cost them playoff appearances more than once. He's also atrocious in late game clock management, as well as use of challenges.
I agree. The talent and kicker bailed him out of terrible decisions so many times. It's amazing he has as many wins as he does.

Looks to me like they are going to go get the qb they want and to move up it will take the draft picks the Browns just send them. IMHO It's gonna be probably 3 years or more until the Giants contend again assuming their draft picks pan out. They need to draft a qb this year and may or may not have a year to learn behind Eli then by the time the qb gets up to speed a year after that, to me will likely be 3 years. Plus rebuilding an Oline and the holes on defense.

The Giants have lots of options with all those picks, but I don't believe it is necessary to package a lot of picks to get their QB. They have the 6th and 17th picks and unless they are fixated with just one QB they will get a top QB at #6 and still get another great player at #17. No matter what they do they'll be 2nd guessed, but that's part of the fun of the NFL and the draft....

Full 7 round draft order:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

Last edited:
Giants newest play was leaked online after the trade. They are gonna line Saquon up at QB...

4-C83805-B-F7-B0-4-BCA-AAD8-2449669-D2-CB3.gif

Mr Perfect was one of the heels I hated most. Quite amazing how good he was at acting in hindsight.
I did love these clips of him shooting the basketball etc.

And this comment from the youtube video is classic:

juniornac14 years ago
How are people gonna say its fake? It showed him throwing the pass and even showed it in the air. This was before CGI dumbasses.

LdN

Reactions: jmorovich
The Giants have lots of options with all those picks, but I don't believe it is necessary to package a lot of picks to get their QB. They have the 6th and 17th picks and unless they are fixated with just one QB they will get a top QB at #6 and still get another great player at #17. No matter what they do they'll be 2nd guessed, but that's part of the fun of the NFL and the draft....
I don't see an NFL QB in this draft worthy of a first round pick. That was expected last year when the Giants too Barkley when they really needed a QB. I thought they might go after Flacco. Some noise that AZ is going to make Josh Rosen available then take Murray. Not sure what is left at QB, Bortles?

Right, to me it doesnt even make sense to have Barkley on that team.

Reactions: bwifan
I don't see an NFL QB in this draft worthy of a first round pick. That was expected last year when the Giants too Barkley when they really needed a QB. I thought they might go after Flacco. Some noise that AZ is going to make Josh Rosen available then take Murray. Not sure what is left at QB, Bortles?

LOL, I would draft Trace before even mentioning Bortles name.:D

Reactions: PearlSUJam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT