ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Comments about PSU by OSU Fan

Flying_Tiger

May 27, 2011
I ran across these comments over on the OSU board. It was part of a long post about the Scuffle with a lot of good insights about the Cowboys.

22. Penn State deserves some discussion. Their lineup is simply phenomenal. Even their fill-in heavyweight showed some skill. They are easily the favorite and we will have a hard time beating them this year under any circumstances. As will tOSU and Iowa. Megaludis, Retherford, Nolf, Nickal, and McIntosh could all easily be in the finals. These five guys were dominant at the Scuffle. But the more remarkable thing was how well trained and taught they all seemed to be. The number of pins by PSU guys during all rounds of the tournament was remarkable. All I could think about was that they need to rename the school 'Pin' State. Their wrestlers were more opportunistic, aggressive, tactical, and dominating (across the board) than us and the other teams participating. None of them seemed to be winded. They all pushed the pace. They didn't make many mistakes. It was noticeable.

Entire thread here: https://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/more-observations-on-the-scuffle.32925/#post-450654

I ran across these comments over on the OSU board. It was part of a long post about the Scuffle with a lot of good insights about the Cowboys.

22. Penn State deserves some discussion. Their lineup is simply phenomenal. Even their fill-in heavyweight showed some skill. They are easily the favorite and we will have a hard time beating them this year under any circumstances. As will tOSU and Iowa. Megaludis, Retherford, Nolf, Nickal, and McIntosh could all easily be in the finals. These five guys were dominant at the Scuffle. But the more remarkable thing was how well trained and taught they all seemed to be. The number of pins by PSU guys during all rounds of the tournament was remarkable. All I could think about was that they need to rename the school 'Pin' State. Their wrestlers were more opportunistic, aggressive, tactical, and dominating (across the board) than us and the other teams participating. None of them seemed to be winded. They all pushed the pace. They didn't make many mistakes. It was noticeable.

Entire thread here: https://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/more-observations-on-the-scuffle.32925/#post-450654
Damn - you beat me to it! I need to refresh more. :mad:

That was a great recap in general. They have a good board

I'd wear that shirt

When I wrestled in the mid-1980s on Long Island, it was common for guys to wear oversized safety pins on their warm-ups for each of their pins that season. Like how WWII fighter planes would add a flag sticker for each downed Japanese plane.

DPlkIVQyhHLyUhOXxh1JPwz6Ww4A-PN1bxOTQJoir-KewVSrsehSVxzvfE4r8HtLSEzQdd2MjtIEfHCIz4AKqEo_XBVsZbx4V2VFZVlsFJqR4H4Vwbbgy_T72AdB0SSS2pd_dFI=s0-d-e1-ft

That was a terrific and very informative post, but just as good was the response that the original poster may be too intelligent for the Cowboy board. Based on what I've seen from Okie State posters in this forum and the Iowa board, I certainly wouldn't argue that point.

Can't wait to see how the team looks when Cael finally learns how to coach.
Hey, I tried to send you a PM on the scout site, but it did not recognize "bevo". Did I not remember the name correctly?

Former tOSU wrestler Tommy Rowlands on his podcast had the best comment "Zain throws in the boots and his hillbilly half".

Former tOSU wrestler Tommy Rowlands on his podcast had the best comment "Zain throws in the boots and his hillbilly half".

"Scary....Zain Retherford was punishing....He was like a man possessed, it was almost criminal what he was doing on top...."

Reactions: Sullivan
Yeah, that's great. You can tell the character of the Iowa fans who refer to us as "Ped State". Plus one for the OSU fans!
Some take pride in the objectivity in their posst; others allow their jealousy to show through.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT