republicans destroyed the middle class

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
you forgot how Japan killed the steel mills in the 80s. That wasn't Ronald Regan. It was globalization, although we didn't call it that then. After Japan, it was Korea. Then China. Now it is Vietnam, Mexico and Malaysia.

Do you think we should shut down the internet? Stop jets from flying to China?

Sadly, we are in the age of globalization. In fact, your party is championing it. Unions are kaput, worldwide, and have been for several decades. It isn't just America, it is worldwide.

Today, there are two divisions: people who take responsibility for their lives and know that they are the company. And clerks. Oh yeah, there are people in jail and the homeless but lets leave them out for now.
You like expensive steel? You don't like free markets?

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

junior1

May 29, 2001
i keep telling you guys, preferred stocks.....cash flow....don't care about the everyday price, can buy at a discount, if called get paid the face value....am generating upwards of 6% cash flow. So I don't get to vote...like my few shares out of millions make a difference

junior1

May 29, 2001
Over the last 40 years there has been an upward redistribution of income to the tune of $50 trillion. Even at the 95th percentile has this effect been felt, while the top 1% has more than doubled their income.
Wake up, suckers!
<https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion-income-inequality-america/>
I don't know why more people don't get themselves into the 5% category....life would be so much easier. You know, you only need about $12 million net worth to be included in the top 1%
Likely we have some 1% posting on this board...rumb;e, 2Lion, maypole, NJPSU (for sure), Paoli

bdgan

May 29, 2008
You know what I think is messed up ? When did being the POTUS turn into a money printing press? Clinton family certainly cashed in. One could say the Bush dynasty sure did also , with dickhead cheney doing it the old fashioned way with haliburton . By Obama to me it was set in stone that presidents would all join the hundred million net worth class. Don't even ask me about trump and his motives : trying to make his family a dynasty . Anyone who thinks we should have michelle obama ????????

Screw all of these thieves . Anymore POTUS means chief thief..........
Most politicians make their money via speaking engagements and book deals. Trump actually lost a lot of his net worth since running for president.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I don't know why more people don't get themselves into the 5% category....life would be so much easier. You know, you only need about $12 million net worth to be included in the top 1%
Likely we have some 1% posting on this board...rumb;e, 2Lion, maypole, NJPSU (for sure), Paoli
I know, they must all be slackers. All I know is if I was Elon Musk rich I'd be a huge prick to the 1% ers, aka, the poors.
The super poors, aka, most of us ? I like those guys. I'd buy bushwood and open the pool to them.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
America has been transformed since the reagan Administration. Before he was governor of CA, California had free college education for its citizens. reagan ended that, then brought his dislike for the young and the poor to Washington where he effectively gutted the Middle Class. He ended federal support for tuition because he didn't want to sponsor the intellectual curiosity of "brats who protest my policies." He was a very nice guy.

In 1990 the boomers (my generation) who were in their 30s had 21% of the wealth in America. Today Millennials, in their 30s, hold 4% of the wealth in America. Does that mean anything to you rightwingers? No, you will say it's the Democrats' fault. Be honest at least with yourselves. it was the republicans taking everything from the average people and giving it to the rich --- which of course was giving it to themselves at the expense of all those nasty blue collar types.

"Right to Work" laws passed by republicans around the country eliminated unions. They were really "Right to Work Cheaper" laws. In the 1940s, 80% of the workers who applied for a union were allowed to have one. Today, union busting is a billion dollar industry. Huge corporations don't want workers asking for livable wages. Better to pay for thugs to make sure those workers stay in line.

And you republicans are cheering them on, as the middle class goes away and is replaced by the perennially poor. Millennials can't afford to own homes. They can't build wealth. They are drowning in student debt.
And right wingers on this very site decry how selfish and self-serving they are. Kids how have nothing to look forward to economically because of republicans. And they can look forward to a decaying, brutalizing world where weather disasters will be totally commonplace.

But of course, republicans don't believe in science. Science tells us we may have to spend money facing a climate crisis that republicans refuse to acknowledge. And republicans want to spend less, less, less. More breaks to billionaires.

It really comes down to this: What's it going to take for republicans to start caring about their grandchildren?

You probably already know this, but 97% of climate scientists agree that the globe is warming. And it's warming much faster than their computer models predict. So, you republicans refuse to accept the science, even when it is obvious that global warming is in full blossom right now. Glaciers melting, wildfires across Europe and North America. Crazy storms. Sea levels rising.

And none of it makes an impression on the always right republicans. Okay for you, but what about your grandchildren? Are you going to continue to close your eyes with your fingers in your ears screaming "NAA, NAA, NAA"?

Why?
Lmao. We have never been a union country.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Most politicians make their money via speaking engagements and book deals. Trump actually lost a lot of his net worth since running for president.

As I said , the whole democrat party is a grift for the less talented.
I would say he is just a disaster of a human being and if he could have not lost money and made it in any way in office he would have. Those I would suggest were his intentions. There is /was always something fishy about the malignant narcissist doing something for (anybody else) the american people . I think your defense is weak. He's filed for bankruptcy 8 times ??????

Per usual , just because I think he's a terd doesn't mean I don't think most all on either side aren't ...........................

Last edited:

voltz99

Sep 25, 2015
America has been transformed since the reagan Administration. Before he was governor of CA, California had free college education for its citizens. reagan ended that, then brought his dislike for the young and the poor to Washington where he effectively gutted the Middle Class. He ended federal support for tuition because he didn't want to sponsor the intellectual curiosity of "brats who protest my policies." He was a very nice guy.

In 1990 the boomers (my generation) who were in their 30s had 21% of the wealth in America. Today Millennials, in their 30s, hold 4% of the wealth in America. Does that mean anything to you rightwingers? No, you will say it's the Democrats' fault. Be honest at least with yourselves. it was the republicans taking everything from the average people and giving it to the rich --- which of course was giving it to themselves at the expense of all those nasty blue collar types.

"Right to Work" laws passed by republicans around the country eliminated unions. They were really "Right to Work Cheaper" laws. In the 1940s, 80% of the workers who applied for a union were allowed to have one. Today, union busting is a billion dollar industry. Huge corporations don't want workers asking for livable wages. Better to pay for thugs to make sure those workers stay in line.

And you republicans are cheering them on, as the middle class goes away and is replaced by the perennially poor. Millennials can't afford to own homes. They can't build wealth. They are drowning in student debt.
And right wingers on this very site decry how selfish and self-serving they are. Kids how have nothing to look forward to economically because of republicans. And they can look forward to a decaying, brutalizing world where weather disasters will be totally commonplace.

But of course, republicans don't believe in science. Science tells us we may have to spend money facing a climate crisis that republicans refuse to acknowledge. And republicans want to spend less, less, less. More breaks to billionaires.

It really comes down to this: What's it going to take for republicans to start caring about their grandchildren?

You probably already know this, but 97% of climate scientists agree that the globe is warming. And it's warming much faster than their computer models predict. So, you republicans refuse to accept the science, even when it is obvious that global warming is in full blossom right now. Glaciers melting, wildfires across Europe and North America. Crazy storms. Sea levels rising.

And none of it makes an impression on the always right republicans. Okay for you, but what about your grandchildren? Are you going to continue to close your eyes with your fingers in your ears screaming "NAA, NAA, NAA"?

Why?
Learn some skills and get a job. Problem is you have no skills
Dems only plan is for McDonald's to.pay more. Pathetic. You can't even make my fries hot.

Ps. Union membership hit an all time low under Obama

CaptainStabbin1

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
When is the last time democrats passed a bill that strengthened the middle class, if I’m not mistaken I do believe it was Lyndon B. Johnson, & that was decades ago, now!

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13

oldcougar65

Mar 11, 2015
That's because for the first time in his life, he was flying above the radar. Everyone was scrutinizing his every move. That's why he 'shockingly' was impeached twice. Before when he arranged to stab people in the back by blackmail, it was all in secret. When he became Prez, they had it all on tape!

And now that trump is circling the drain, all his old 'friends' will pop up as avenging enemies, if there is money to be made. He was such a prick that everyone he had screwed over the years will be happy to talk about the screwing they got and the screwing trump deserves. Except for his CEO, who Don Jr is paying what, a million dollars a year plus a $200,000 bonus/year to spend the rest of his life in jail and keep his mouth shut? The guy is taking care of his family, I guess.
trump can no longer offer blanket pardons. He doesn't get exempted from laws by being president. And the country has pretty much demonstrated that outside his MAGA crazies, trump is done as a national powerbroker -- which means a lot of former ass-kissers will remove their lips from his butt and then try to shove something where the sun don't shine.

You'll know trump is finally done when Lindsey Graham turns. There's a guy who knows which way the wind blows.

• Haha

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
That's because for the first time in his life, he was flying above the radar. Everyone was scrutinizing his every move. That's why he 'shockingly' was impeached twice. Before when he arranged to stab people in the back by blackmail, it was all in secret. When he became Prez, they had it all on tape!

And now that trump is circling the drain, all his old 'friends' will pop up as avenging enemies, if there is money to be made. He was such a prick that everyone he had screwed over the years will be happy to talk about the screwing they got and the screwing trump deserves. Except for his CEO, who Don Jr is paying what, a million dollars a year plus a $200,000 bonus/year to spend the rest of his life in jail and keep his mouth shut? The guy is taking care of his family, I guess.
trump can no longer offer blanket pardons. He doesn't get exempted from laws by being president. And the country has pretty much demonstrated that outside his MAGA crazies, trump is done as a national powerbroker -- which means a lot of former ass-kissers will remove their lips from his butt and then try to shove something where the sun don't shine.

You'll know trump is finally done when Lindsey Graham turns. There's a guy who knows which way the wind blows.

oddcouger, what are you going to say after Biden is impeached multiple times?? lol

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
FiDQ1btXwAE4CZv

voltz99

Sep 25, 2015

Why?
1990? You mean after Reagan was out of office?

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021

Why?

Here is your answer. Republicans on this board are pretty well off and republicans in general could careless that wages have been stagnant for years while the cost of living has gone up. The Govt doing things like student loan forgiveness or looing to raise the minimum wage does not help the poor six and seven figure salary republicans, so they are against it. If helping people causes a little inflation they cry about it while making six figures.

When dems say capitalism is evil, racist, only certain people get rich, etc..etc... republicans counter with certain people do better than others because there are different levels of people. But when these same republicans argue against raising the minimum wage they have this attitude like, "I became successful without help, therefor everyone else can." Now all of a sudden these republicans quickly forget there are different levels of people. They think everyone can become successful.

On moral values and social issues I am 100% on the side of conservatives and republicans. When it comes to wages I am 100% against republicans.

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021
How did all those INSANE and draconian long term lockdowns impact small/medium sized businesses aka the middle class? Newsome in CA ruined millions of small & medium sized businesses with his insane policies.

However your main gripe should be directed at the globalists who gutted our manufacturing base and moved countless jobs to off shore locations so they could enjoy slave labor rates. It's not left vs. right b/c there's a uniparty of establishment politicians on both sides who have been selling out the American people and mainly the lower and middle classes. Special interests corrupted both sides. This is why Trump's movement was so popular to so many people. He called this bs out and implemented policies that helped Americans not just special interest groups.

What helps boost the middle class the most is low tax burdens. Look what the tax cuts Trump pushed for did to the economy: record low unemployment, huge gains in wages, etc.

Huge gains in wages?? Maybe some gain in wages and it certainly wasn't everywhere at every job. The only thing that was going to cause huge gain wages so people can earn enough to get by was if practically the entire country went on strike, which is pretty much what happened with Covid.

Last edited:

Conemaugh

May 8, 2020
Here is your answer. Republicans on this board are pretty well off and republicans in general could careless that wages have been stagnant for years while the cost of living has gone up. The Govt doing things like student loan forgiveness or looing to raise the minimum wage does not help the poor six and seven figure salary republicans, so they are against it. If helping people causes a little inflation they cry about it while making six figures.

When dems say capitalism is evil, racist, only certain people get rich, etc..etc... republicans counter with certain people do better than others because there are different levels of people. But when these same republicans argue against raising the minimum wage they have this attitude like, "I became successful without help, therefor everyone else can." Now all of a sudden these republicans quickly forget there are different levels of people. They think everyone can become successful.

On moral values and social issues I am 100% on the side of conservatives and republicans. When it comes to wages I am 100% against republicans.
What are you talking about? Wages went up big time during Trump's presidency and every conservative on this board applauded it.

And Conservatives on this board rightfully denounce student loan forgiveness for college grads who work at starbucks because it is wrong! Blue collar kids who went to work after high school and learned a trade or some other skill and make more money than college educated liberal arts majors with no skill or talent should not be punished. They made good life decisions. That is what conservatives endorse.

Regarding cost of living problems...... Democrats own that one. Everything Democrats endorse increases the cost of living, then they ask someone else to pay for it. By the way, my 14 year old daughter is making 50% higher than minimum wage working at McDonalds. That is mostly because grown ass adults with a worthless degree are unwilling to work after getting free Covid money the last few years. A 14 year old has a better work ethic.

junior1

May 29, 2001

you might want to relook your demographics. In the last elections it seems as if more of the working class americans are shifting their votes because democrats now seem to have become the party of elites/high net worth people.
Conservatives want opportunity for all americans to grow to their potential.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020

Why?
Good effort on trying to educate the willfully ignorant hordes of cultists on this board. As you can tell from their responses, they are brainwashed by the constant stream of lies that they lap up from their right wing media masters. They are unreachable and too far gone to redeem. Fortunately their time is coming to end and all their attempts to steal power at the expense of democracy will fail as evident by the election. Trump opened a Pandora’s Box of hate, victim syndrome, and stupidity; a brutal combination. And these people are a prime example and the worst this country has to offer.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
What are you talking about? Wages went up big time during Trump's presidency and every conservative on this board applauded it.

And Conservatives on this board rightfully denounce student loan forgiveness for college grads who work at starbucks because it is wrong! Blue collar kids who went to work after high school and learned a trade or some other skill and make more money than college educated liberal arts majors with no skill or talent should not be punished. They made good life decisions. That is what conservatives endorse.

Regarding cost of living problems...... Democrats own that one. Everything Democrats endorse increases the cost of living, then they ask someone else to pay for it. By the way, my 14 year old daughter is making 50% higher than minimum wage working at McDonalds. That is mostly because grown ass adults with a worthless degree are unwilling to work after getting free Covid money the last few years. A 14 year old has a better work ethic.
Yep

voltz99

Sep 25, 2015
Good effort on trying to educate the willfully ignorant hordes of cultists on this board. As you can tell from their responses, they are brainwashed by the constant stream of lies that they lap up from their right wing media masters. They are unreachable and too far gone to redeem. Fortunately their time is coming to end and all their attempts to steal power at the expense of democracy will fail as evident by the election. Trump opened a Pandora’s Box of hate, victim syndrome, and stupidity; a brutal combination. And these people are a prime example and the worst this country has to offer.
What is your base doing to help themselves?

Hoodienomics is a failure.

Bob2022

Mar 15, 2022

Why?
You're joking, right?

Reactions: psuted and Hotshoe

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Most of you libs complain about the working man falling behind but fail to recognize that, for the past half century, machines, automation, and global markets have devalued labor. This is the reality. You're not going to keep up by working with your hands any more than a liberal arts major should keep up on the professional side.

Democrats need to embrace this reality and stop thinking that a person should be able to make it doing whatever they want. Some of us assessed what would be a valuable profession or trade when we were 17 years old. Then worked hard to be educated with that goal and persevered during a career even when times got tough.

We should not have to pay for the bad decisions made by others, nor subsidize more bad decisions going forward.

Labor unions and minimum wage hikes are not the answer to counter this phenomenon. The same automation is allowing those low wage workers to buy cheaper goods. No one who argues for this labor "help" seems to argue against cheaper goods.

Quit being stupid. The market is not stupid. It is your guide to growing out of poverty and maybe even to become wealthy. If you think some company is making too much money then stop living paycheck to paycheck. Lower your living standard, and buy that company's stock with what you saved. That is the way a free market, capitalist economy works. It is the reason you can by goods at low prices.

If of working age and you are not happy with your income, then work on getting a marketable skill.

If retired, well, sorry, you'd better hope the working folks see the light, because you are really screwed if the country embraces socialism and dumps capitalism. If that happens you WILL need to lower your living standard.

Last edited:

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Ever notice the Democrat's solutions are always for someone else to do the work, make the sacrifice or pay the bill?

Is their any plan supported by Dems where their base does the work, pays the bills or makes the sacrifices?

You ask ANY democrat beyond the extreme wealthy and they will tell you that the lion's share of any cost should come from people who make more than they do. The wealthy know that they have lawyers, accountants, and insiders that enable them to avoid paying more. None of them would agree to policies that actually reduce their net worth.

What the rest of the Dems don't understand, as a result of the lies by this administration and its media, is that they are in fact paying for the Dem plan through inflation. That is a BIG TIME TAX. It's HUGE. Imagine a family making 50K and having them realize that they voted themselves a $4,000 tax increase. They would melt down. They would probably go on some rampage to demonize Trump.

Reactions: psuted and bison13

junior1

May 29, 2001
Most of you libs complain about the working man falling behind but fail to recognize that, for the past half century, machines, automation, and global markets have devalued labor. This is the reality. You're not going to keep up by working with your hands any more than a liberal arts major should keep up on the professional side.

Democrats need to embrace this reality and stop thinking that a person should be able to make it doing whatever they want. Some of us assessed what would be a valuable profession or trade when we were 17 years old. Then worked hard to be educated with that goal and persevered during a career even when times got tough.

We should not have to pay for the bad decisions made by others, nor subsidize more bad decisions going forward.

Labor unions and minimum wage hikes are not the answer to counter this phenomenon. The same automation is allowing those low wage workers to buy cheaper goods. No one who argues for this labor "help" seems to argue against cheaper goods.

Quit being stupid. The market is not stupid. It is your guide to growing out of poverty and maybe even to become wealthy. If you think some company is making too much money then stop living paycheck to paycheck. Lower your living standard, and buy that company's stock with what you saved. That is the way a free market, capitalist economy works. It is the reason you can by goods at low prices.

If of working age and you are not happy with your income, then work on getting a marketable skill.

If retired, well, sorry, you'd better hope the working folks see the light, because you are really screwed if the country embraces socialism and dumps capitalism. If that happens you WILL need to lower your living standard.
for all those people enamored with a different economic system...visit youtube and look up a video on an "average russian apartment". I'd bet that even in a bad year Gorki lives in a better place than the average russian.

b&w1987

Oct 8, 2005
Houston
Do you realize that the U.S. spends more per capita on education than virtually every country in the world excluding Luxembourg.

More than Germany, France, Canada, etc.
Education in this country is a make work program for democrats and their union. They funded democrats for years who gave them raises so they could fund them more and created untenable early retirement benefits.

Education priorities:

1. Support Union
2. Support Democrats
3. Fund early retirement programs.
4. Give administrators top jobs at end of careers for a year or so to maximize retirement benefits.
5. Educate children. Probably more priorities above this one, but that’s off the top of my head.

That’s why we spend so much and get so little.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
for all those people enamored with a different economic system...visit youtube and look up a video on an "average russian apartment". I'd bet that even in a bad year Gorki lives in a better place than the average russian.

Exactly. People like @Gorki224 need to spend some time living and working in a foreign country.

I have that experience. In fact it nearly killed my wife. She now has permanent physical damage.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Education in this country is a make work program for democrats and their union. They funded democrats for years who gave them raises so they could fund them more and created untenable early retirement benefits.

Education priorities:

1. Support Union
2. Support Democrats
3. Fund early retirement programs.
4. Give administrators top jobs at end of careers for a year or so to maximize retirement benefits.
5. Educate children. Probably more priorities above this one, but that’s off the top of my head.

That’s why we spend so much and get so little.
its actually funny. (not funny funny, but weird) Unions have been documented to be some of the most corrupt organizations in the history of America. yet, many still feel that they have benefits.

giphy.gif

Reactions: bison13 and psuted

maypole

May 9, 2022
its actually funny. (not funny funny, but weird) Unions have been documented to be some of the most corrupt organizations in the history of America. yet, many still feel that they have benefits.

giphy.gif
Spoken like a true little Corporate Ass Kisser and Dick Sucker.

• Haha