ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Director & related info

I don't see how Penn State could give him a percentage of NIL a student athlete earned. A bonus would be possible.
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly how the NIL arrangements work, but I was thinking that part of the NIL Director's responsibilities would be to act as something of a deal maker where he would actively solicit the "investors" who would be funding the NIL money. If that is the case, then there would be some incentive to pay him a commission on the student earnings that he would bring in.

Reactions: hlstone
The Slush covers your fiber costs, so when anything weird or funny happens in the GIAsphere you can piss them off with blazing internet speeds. They’ll give you all the IP addresses you need and cover your wages during bans under their Haters Compensation Plan.
Most of the craziness in the cesspool is between 10pm-1am. Is there combat pay by chance? If I have to use a rhetorical Gatlin gun to kill MSU158 and his nonsense, how is that rewarded.

Most of the craziness in the cesspool is between 10pm-1am. Is there combat pay by chance? If I have to use a rhetorical Gatlin gun to kill MSU158 and his nonsense, how is that rewarded.
That contentious irritant deserves a more medieval punishment than a quick kill like that - like dumping a vat of boiling tar on him or sending the bloated, diseased body of Bob Nicolls over his ramparts so to speak

That contentious irritant deserves a more medieval punishment than a quick kill like that - like dumping a vat of boiling tar on him or sending the bloated, diseased body of Bob Nicolls over his ramparts so to speak
Ha ha ha! Have you read or seen Dune? Reminds me of House Harkonnen. Maybe Iowa has a House Nicolls! They control all the corn harvesting in Iowa!

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Cael sent out an email yesterday (referenced in @amattaro's previous thread) that addresses the NIL topic and also provides Clay's email address. In case you missed it, here is the language taken directly from Cael's email:

"To explain more of what is going on I will be hosting a webinar at 8pm on Wednesday if you would like to join.
RSVP deadline is Noon, Wednesday July 24.
You MUST use this link to sign up by Wednesday, July 24 at Noon:
Penn State Wrestling Webinar Sign Up
**The webinar link will be sent to the email you provide on the sign-up on Wednesday afternoon**

Additionally, we are always looking for ways to engage our most generous supporters. If you are interested in opportunities for potential naming rights, corporate sponsorships, or larger donations, please contact Clay Steadman directly: cms5406@psu.edu
He would be delighted to discuss how your contribution can make a lasting impact on Penn State Wrestling.
Your support is crucial to our mission, and we are deeply grateful for any contribution you can make. Together, we can continue to fuel the dreams of our athletes and uphold the legacy of excellence that defines Penn State Wrestling.
Thank you for your consideration and your support of our program,
Cael Sanderson
Penn State Wrestling"

The last paragraph is being renamed the Slumlord Bob clause:

Prospects​

Finally, the proposal prohibits an NIL entity from engaging in any contact, correspondence or other communication with or providing any benefits to a prospect, potential transfer or any individual associated with them, until the prospect signs a letter of intent, participates in summer activities or practices with the team, or enrolls at the school and attends classes.

The last paragraph is being renamed the Slumlord Bob clause:

Prospects​

Finally, the proposal prohibits an NIL entity from engaging in any contact, correspondence or other communication with or providing any benefits to a prospect, potential transfer or any individual associated with them, until the prospect signs a letter of intent, participates in summer activities or practices with the team, or enrolls at the school and attends classes.
Slumlord Bobby is going to do whatever he wants to do until the NCAA bytchslaps the Hawks' athletic department.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Weren’t the most recent bag deliveries to wrestlers not in the portal?
Buchanan I do not believe was a portal baby. Teener is still a Sun Devil being openly recruited by the slum dude. LL is a Lion with a signed NLI that was offered.

Didn't Slumlord Bob offer Buchanan $25,000 just to fill out an admission application.

f2edba4ef902532f7e22e76e50a4378a.jpg

"The NCAA will establish a voluntary registration process for NIL service providers (agents, financial advisors, etc.) to serve as a centralized source for providers interested in working with student-athletes."

"entities associated with a school are subject to the same standards as the school"

"proposals would also clearly define an NIL entity for purposes of NCAA rules"

So I will take a wait and see attitude.

Seems to me these definition could be interpreted as limiting student athlete NIL opportunities, and thusly run afoul of the Supreme Court ruling.

My opinion, although framed as helping student athletes, it somewhat smacks of an NCAA $/power grab, as athletic funds controlled by member institutions are likely already feeling the impact of independent NIL operators and organizations.

Reactions: vhsalum
"The NCAA will establish a voluntary registration process for NIL service providers (agents, financial advisors, etc.) to serve as a centralized source for providers interested in working with student-athletes."

"entities associated with a school are subject to the same standards as the school"

"proposals would also clearly define an NIL entity for purposes of NCAA rules"

So I will take a wait and see attitude.

Seems to me these definition could be interpreted as limiting student athlete NIL opportunities, and thusly run afoul of the Supreme Court ruling.

My opinion, although framed as helping student athletes, it somewhat smacks of an NCAA $/power grab, as athletic funds controlled by member institutions are likely already feeling the impact of independent NIL operators and organizations.
True, but if the NCAA cloaks themselves in the cloth of protectors against organized crime infiltration or point shaving schemes, I would imagine the courts might accept some infringement on rights "for the greater good and protection of sport".

True, but if the NCAA cloaks themselves in the cloth of protectors against organized crime infiltration or point shaving schemes, I would imagine the courts might accept some infringement on rights "for the greater good and protection of sport".
Maybe, but advanced analytical methods are well-established to detect betting anomalies associated with point shaving. It's handled by legal sports betting without NCAA involvement. And it will only get better with A.I. So the NCAA already gets that protection, basically for free.

As such, I think the Supreme Court might not buy that line of argument. They might see it as an unnecessary restriction to prevent something already detected by an existing means. I would be interested to read details of such an NCAA argument as to how an asserted incremental benefit will be achieved, and how the benefit outweighs costs of the legitimate interests of student athlete NIL.

Buchanan I do not believe was a portal baby. Teener is still a Sun Devil being openly recruited by the slum dude. LL is a Lion with a signed NLI that was offered.
Also Ramos and Volk not in the portal, declined Iowa bags.

They could've had a cross-country-relocated 0x State Qualifier with 0 connections in the area/business, a Bachelors in Phy Ed, and an axe to grind against the entire world... But they chose THIS guy?
say it to my face coward!

Announced as signed to HVU the last 3 weeks since Clay Steadman accepted the job:

Davis
Sealey
Facundo
Kasak
Mesenbrink
Haines
Ryder
Nagao

Imagine more to be announced as Clay has hit the ground running. alb409 on 247 said a lot of brands and sponsors have been trying to work with PSU Wrestling without a go to person (and it's hit or miss if they can reach the wrestler) so imagine there was a lot of work for Clay to do early

Previously signed:
Starocci
Kerkvliet
Bartlett

Last edited:
Announced as signed to HVU the last 3 weeks since Clay Steadman accepted the job:

Davis
Sealey
Facundo
Kasak
Mesenbrink
Haines
Ryder
Nagao

Imagine more to be announced as Clay has hit the ground running. alb409 on 247 said a lot of brands and sponsors have been trying to work with PSU Wrestling without a go to person (and it's hit or miss if they can reach the wrestler) so imagine there was a lot of work for Clay to do early

Previously signed:
Starocci
Kerkvliet
Bartlett
Can you recap what happened this summer? I'm lost with this post based on the threads.

Reactions: railbirrd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT