ADVERTISEMENT

No comments on Drew cussing out a fan?

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Or in how engaged he was on the sideline in the second half? Drew's gotta ignore the cat calls. This isn't good, IMHO, although I like the spunk.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Or in how engaged he was on the sideline in the second half? Drew's gotta ignore the cat calls. This isn't good, IMHO, although I like the spunk.

Yeah that’s a huge problem. Other fans will see this and start harassing the hell out of him. He needs to grow up quickly or this could get really ugly.

Yeah that’s a huge problem. Other fans will see this and start harassing the hell out of him. He needs to grow up quickly or this could get really ugly.
Well, we only have two more road games, and one of them will be like a de facto home game.

Disagree completely, some real low-claas bullshit to be cheering an injury especially when Drew was Facemasked twice with no flag including on the play he was injured on.

Based on his eyes I suspect it might have been someone with field access. In my opinion those people should behave better than a regular fan in the stands, and otherwise should be willing to take it if they choose to dish it out.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
yeah...that is why it takes maturity.

I mean, you are 20 6-5, 240 lbs, and undefeated. You are yelling at a tuba player of some drunk fan who gets off on beer and pizza.
And he's allowed to yell at them if he wants
Sometimes it's necessary
As long as it doesn't impact the team, which it didn't, who cares?

When was the last time that we had a 5 Star QB verbally sparring with opposing fans?

During the game I referenced the Anthony Morelli @ Michigan fiasco.

At least Drew was fired up during the game and not after getting our ass kicked in.

But yeah- he likely knew he was hurt- and probably was boiling over- and while I agree with his sentiment- he has gotten off pretty scot-free for an immature move.

Maybe his clean cut- All American look helped him get the benefit of the doubt?

If this were Sanders' kid on the Buffs it would likely be covered a lot more with split opinions on level of "class" displayed.

Hope he learns and moves ahead quickly

Reactions: Obliviax
I sincerely hope this is satire because you are usually on the mark. Also, I enjoy most of Obliviax’s posts but this one is out to lunch. It did appear the person Drew was interacting with was on the field. During a game the field belongs to the players. He is certainly entitled to unload on someone acting inappropriately among the players during a game. And I’m quite sure his teammates are fully behind him. Having said that, as of yet no one knows exactly what this was all about so the speculation is as meaningless as the action itself.

No issue - some band dork probably went way over the top to get a reaction.
It was some short teenage/20-something kid with a lanyard and green badge, wearing a dark gray hoodie or coat and a beanie, amidst a sea of people wearing similar badges, standing in front of the band (must be folks who pay for on field access) ... you can see it on the broadcast, after they show a replay of his final throw, they cut to Drew walking on the sideline, with the FG post partially blocking the view. As Drew walks by the group, the kid cups his left hand to the side of his mouth and starts chirping ... almost looks like "bye bye b!tch" or something like that, but I'm not the best lip reader and it's not the best view. And then he drops his hand and smiles. Drew stops and turns to him and says what we all know he said (even though you can't see it from that angle - that's what subsequent replays focused on, from a different angle that doesn't show the crowd).

Last edited:

I give him leeway ... the kid just potentially blew out his knee, and was having to leave a game early with his team down, knowing he might not be coming back (and I'm sure he was thinking that it's possibly a long-term thing, too). And the kid that was yapping to him wasn't in the stands ... he was a few feet from where Drew was, standing on the turf. This wasn't your normal "game not going well/you just made a big mistake and you hear fans in the stands yapping at you" situation. His health (possible long-term) was in question. So a little outburst can be forgiven.

Some idiot gives him shit about being injured and he's supposed to remain cool about it? EFF that! I was thrilled to see him as fired up as he got. I hope that fire keeps burning in him until mid-January!

Reactions: LandoComando
Some idiot gives him shit about being injured and he's supposed to remain cool about it? EFF that! I was thrilled to see him as fired up as he got. I hope that fire keeps burning in him until mid-January!
Yes. There is nothing to be gained by yelling at fans. You can see the assistant trying to get him out of there

I'd like to see video of the person who got cussed out. Their face should be all over the internet.

The taunter could be a Medal of Honor winner or it could be Mother Teresa. Someone makes fun of me after I just got injured is going to be told to **** themselves.

Reactions: Agoodnap
as of yet no one knows exactly what this was all about so the speculation is as meaningless as the action itself.

Bingo. NBC cameras were all over it, but the announcers didn't really say anything on it.

Yes. There is nothing to be gained by yelling at fans. You can see the assistant trying to get him out of there

Which is exactly what you want in the situation. The assistant wasn't the target, but he intervened well enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT