ADVERTISEMENT

No Reaves for MBB game tonight...

psuguy43

Sep 28, 2002
Ouch, Naz starting in his place. Limits us to a solid 6-man rotation. Hoping they can still pull this off at Assembly Hall without him.

That hurts for sure. Any idea why we aren't 1-2-2 pressing any more? The team seemed to play it's best ball while pressing.

Team is playing poorly on defense, and forcing bad shots. When have I seen this before?
It doesn't help that our best defender, and the conference's steal leader, is sitting at home for this one. But, that's even more of a reason for the rest of the guys to step their D up for the night.

Team is battling.. showing really good energy. Managed the early game rush by Indiana. Watkins with two cheap fouls out for the rest of the half most likely.

Keeping it close without Watkins or Reaves. Keep it close going into the half, then get Watkins back in there. Pierce is giving decent minutes, which is a huge plus/surprise.

Why did Chambers take Garner out there? I know it was foul #2 but he is your one potential 3 pt shooter from deep. Get the ball to Wheeler to quickly get the ball up the floor and space out Garner and Carr. Also, Wheeler took a horrible shot, that couldn't have been what was drawn up. Bad player/clock management at the end.

Reactions: harjeff
Why did Chambers take Garner out there? I know it was foul #2 but he is your one potential 3 pt shooter from deep. Get the ball to Wheeler to quickly get the ball up the floor and space out Garner and Carr. Also, Wheeler took a horrible shot, that couldn't have been what was drawn up. Bad player/clock management at the end.

He should have simply stopped and taken a decent 3 pt shot. What he threw up wasn’t a shot and wasn’t even a prayer.....terrible.

I REALLY do not like Wheeler shooting 3s - he does some stuff well, but shooting from deep is certainly not one of them. With that line-up, I would have rather seen Wheeler take the point and dish it to Tony for three (if a 3 is what was coming) -- Carr is our best threat from deep.

What else is new?

It's brutal.. he has the most fouls for breathing on someone in the history of basketball. It really isn't his fault other than he's big and is around the basketball on defense. I just wish when he's getting bumped around that he gets the same calls.

Reactions: johnmpsu
It doesn't help that our best defender, and the conference's steal leader, is sitting at home for this one. But, that's even more of a reason for the rest of the guys to step their D up for the night.
At least we have a good excuse lined up!

down 4 at the break. The good news is that we get Watkins back now.

Watkins better play well because IU isn't going to throw up another 3-17 from behind the arc. Carr also needs to get his head out of his backside and quit throwing up ridiculous shots.

Sitting here saying the same thing....sometimes it seems Chambers has no clue of game situation

Reactions: Nitwit and bison13
Game over!!! Down 11, no offense!!! I really don’t like this team. Something is not right!!!

When does the Chambers era end? I’d love to have the coach Indiana got from Dayton. Organized offense. Respond to his coaching.

It's brutal.. he has the most fouls for breathing on someone in the history of basketball. It really isn't his fault other than he's big and is around the basketball on defense. I just wish when he's getting bumped around that he gets the same calls.
He doesn’t get those calls. Ever. You can take it to the bank he gets two quick chicken shit fouls called on him early in every game. Completely changes the dynamic of the game plan.

How in the hell was that not over the back? Dude went for a piggy back ride on Watkins.

When does the Chambers era end? I’d love to have the coach Indiana got from Dayton. Organized offense. Respond to his coaching.
Please... 7 years ago this program would have been beaten consistently by the likes of Duquesne, Robert Morris, Point Park. Nobody wanted to coach here. What pat has done, with what was given to him from the start, is commendable. He’s not Calipari, Self, Williams, etc...

I’m not lobbying for a lifetime gig for Pat, but I think the criticism is unfair.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Another chicken shit foul called on Watkins going for the tie-up, after taking two shots in the face 30 seconds apart.

how many years does Chambers get to make the NCAAs? Next year is the year was been worn out. It's do or die. Especially with a weak Big Ten this year

lol @ people believing we're losing because of the refs. Indiana has taken 3 more FTs...we'd have more if we didn't miss the front end of 1 and 1s. More fouls have been called on Indiana. But, yes, we're losing because of the refs.

Reactions: Nitwit and bison13
lol @ people believing we're losing because of the refs. Indiana has taken 3 more FTs...we'd have more if we didn't miss the front end of 1 and 1s. More fouls have been called on Indiana. But, yes, we're losing because of the refs.
Not as egregious here in the back half of the 2nd half.

Minute after minute, half after half, game after game, season after season, decade after decade....you can always rely on a mediocre Penn State basketball team. Nothing will ever change. It's in our DNA.

Reactions: JDale83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT