ADVERTISEMENT

Noon Games Thread

lazydave841

Jan 9, 2021
Iowa defense with a lot of atypical poor tackling to open this game with Washington.

Another 2 time zone jump game.

Blocked FG. 0-0. Washington still doesn't have a kicker.

Bama up 7-0 on USCe.

Washington is tough to figure out this year--they somehow gave up 20 to Iowa in a half today
Michigan better hope Portnoy is really willing to buy them a QB next year

Reactions: lazydave841
Washington is tough to figure out this year--they somehow gave up 20 to Iowa in a half today
Michigan better hope Portnoy is really willing to buy them a QB next year

Road games, but Huskies are just bizarre. Lose to Rutgers. Beat Michigan. Iowa controlling them.

Road games, but Huskies are just bizarre. Lose to Rutgers. Beat Michigan. Iowa controlling them.
As I expected, these West Coast teams just aren’t as good when they have to make multiple trips East; the constant travel just takes a lot of you.

Reactions: Jerry
Doesn't Bama have one of the two most talented rosters in college football???
:oops: :oops: :oops: ;) ;) ;) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Possibly but there was a lot of roster turnover when Saban walked. They lost more talent than they brought in, best I remember, but they lost The Way Things Are Done, which hurts more than anything.

As I expected, these West Coast teams just aren’t as good when they have to make multiple trips East; the constant travel just takes a lot of you.

That and the physical style of play in our conference. So far the four West Coast additions don't seem to be holding up very well to that kind of football. I think a lot of people wondered whether they could.

Reactions: lazydave841
That and the physical style of play in our conference. So far the four West Coast additions don't seem to be holding up very well to that kind of football. I think a lot of people wondered whether they could.

Adding teams from the west coast is a disaster. It's only going to get worse.
There are plenty of great teams in the east to add.

LdN

Joel Klatt did an analysis last week of Alabama and said its defense was terribly coached. That players were not filling the gaps well. Also, said the same thing about USC and Michigan defenses.
The definitely aren't filling gaps--they better figure it out real soon

Joel Klatt did an analysis last week of Alabama and said its defense was terribly coached. That players were not filling the gaps well. Also, said the same thing about USC and Michigan defenses.

Alabama just gave the flash in the pan Washington coach a big retirement gift.

So far, out of the six West Coast teams that joined the Big 10 and ACC, they’ve won a combined one conference game when they had to travel East, and that was Stanford beating Syracuse; Cal won at Auburn but lost at terrible FSU.

The Big Ten should have gone after Texas and OU
But the ACC teams add nothing aside from arguably UNC and UVa
USC/Oregon/UCLA/Washington is obviously the right decision

You say some really stupid $hit.

LdN
How?
Who do you think adds value to the Big Ten from the ACC?
You all have to get over "Penn State used to play Syracuse and Pitt"
The SEC nor the Big Ten are chasing Clemson or FSU. UNC is the ACC's biggest prize which isn't close to Texas, OU, USC or Oregon

How?
Who do you think adds value to the Big Ten from the ACC?
You all have to get over "Penn State used to play Syracuse and Pitt"
The SEC nor the Big Ten are chasing Clemson or FSU. UNC is the ACC's biggest prize which isn't close to Texas, OU, USC or Oregon

The entire ACC would add value to the Big Ten.

Definitely two of the wealthiest public Universities in the country with UVA and North Carolina. Not "arguably".

The reason the Big Ten went to Washington is because neither is interested in the Big Ten.
Same reason we took Maryland.

You're so naive regarding the top east coast schools and merit this isn't worth continuing.

LdN

Definitely two of the wealthiest public Universities in the country with UVA and North Carolina.

The reason the Big Ten went to Washington is because neither is interested in the Big Ten.

You're so naive regarding the east coast schools and merit this isn't worth continuing.

LdN
I said UNC/UVa--the rest don't add anything to the SEC or Big Ten
They added Washington to pair with Oregon to give us a pod in the west
I'm not naive about anything here. You're going to be very confused when expansion continues other than UVa/UNC--which again is what I said

Definitely two of the wealthiest public Universities in the country with UVA and North Carolina. Not "arguably".

Same reason we took Maryland.

You're so naive regarding the top east coast schools and merit this isn't worth continuing.

LdN

Maybe, but you can count on Lando to continue it... ;)

I never understood the attraction of UNC and UVa to the B10. IMO very boring football programs. Of course UNC adds in bball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT