ADVERTISEMENT

Noon Games Thread

I never understood the attraction of UNC and UVa to the B10. IMO very boring football programs. Of course UNC adds in bball.
It's not about football though. UNC/UVa are the only two programs the SEC/Big Ten truly want. $$$$
Clemson and FSU add nothing. Miami adds nothing. The rest add less than nothing.
Those schools will be begging the Big XII to save them

Wisconsin pulls away. Turnover by Gamecocks QB gives Bama life in South Carolina territory. Damn it.

Iowa defense with a lot of atypical poor tackling to open this game with Washington.

Another 2 time zone jump game.

Blocked FG. 0-0. Washington still doesn't have a kicker.

Bama up 7-0 on USCe.
And that fumble is why South Carolina is what they are and Bama pulls out a lot of uninspired performances.

Reactions: lazydave841
Bama capitalizes on Gamecocks gift fumble..takes the lead with 11:00 minutes to play.

South Carolina will find a way to lose this game.

Bama capitalizes on Gamecocks gift fumble..takes the lead with 11:00 minutes to play.

South Carolina will find a way to lose this game.
And of course, right on cue, the obligatory holding penalty is called when USC is driving.

Reactions: Jerry
I said UNC/UVa--the rest don't add anything to the SEC or Big Ten
They added Washington to pair with Oregon to give us a pod in the west
I'm not naive about anything here. You're going to be very confused when expansion continues other than UVa/UNC--which again is what I said

You said 'arguably'.

Miami would be a tremendous addition to the Big Ten as well.

You said 'arguably'.

Miami would be a tremendous addition to the Big Ten as well.
Correct--arguably--some would say UVa doesn't add enough in terms of athletics
Let's give you Miami (I disagree but for sake of argument)--you've named 3 programs in the ACC you think do anything--all of whom are locked into a TV contract. Are you literally trying to say UVa/UNC (who are still in play to get to 24) make more financial sense than USC/Oregon with UCLA/Washington?
It's illogical
Most of these posts are just guys that would like to travel to Miami, UNC or UVa to watch games
Just like when idiots said we should leave the Big Ten for the ACC lmao

Yup, the penalty blunted the drive and then a long FG attempt missed. Handwriting is on the wall here.
I didn’t see the replay, but it’s uncanny when a lot of those holding penalties are called when the same stuff probably has been happening all game; you have to protect the chosen ones.

Correct--arguably--some would say UVa doesn't add enough in terms of athletics
Let's give you Miami (I disagree but for sake of argument)--you've named 3 programs in the ACC you think do anything--all of whom are locked into a TV contract. Are you literally trying to say UVa/UNC (who are still in play to get to 24) make more financial sense than USC/Oregon with UCLA/Washington?
It's illogical
Most of these posts are just guys that would like to travel to Miami, UNC or UVa to watch games
Just like when idiots said we should leave the Big Ten for the ACC lmao

Imagine that. People wanting to travel to see their team play.

Have to LOL about Uva not bringing enough. That's hilarious.

LdN

Imagine that. People wanting to travel to see their team play.

Have to LOL about Uva not bringing enough. That's hilarious.

LdN
So, it's not about what's best for the conference but what you want
I think UVa brings more than enough but every time we discuss this here people bash UVa hence arguably
Again, you don't have an argument--you just want to add Eastern schools ignoring their TV contract status and everything else
Pretending USC/Oregon weren't huge gets for the Big Ten to neutralize OU/Texas to the SEC is pure stupidity

I didn’t see the replay, but it’s uncanny when a lot of those holding penalties are called when the same stuff probably has been happening all game; you have to protect the chosen ones.

The thing is, with so much on stake now visa vis this 12-team playoff, a team like South Carolina must not give the zebras a chance late in the game to affect the outcome against SEC favored son Alabama.

I didn't see the replay either...or the play itself for that matter...as I'm "watching" a bunch of games on an electronic scoreboard, but somehow I wasn't surprised when the holding penalty was flashed up.

Bama on the verge of closing out the game now.

So, it's not about what's best for the conference but what you want
I think UVa brings more than enough but every time we discuss this here people bash UVa hence arguably
Again, you don't have an argument--you just want to add Eastern schools ignoring their TV contract status and everything else
Pretending USC/Oregon weren't huge gets for the Big Ten to neutralize OU/Texas to the SEC is pure stupidity

I don't gaf about the conference.

I am just laughing at your stupid comment that 'arguably' UVA and UNC would be good adds to the conference.

That's laughably stupid.

LdN

I don't gaf about the conference.

I am just laughing at your stupid comment that 'arguably' UVA and UNC would be good adds to the conference.

That's laughably stupid.

LdN
Hence the arguments on the board it has to be "arguably". See mhlarch's reply to it. Hence arguably.
But you not "gaf" about the conference is why everything you said is truly stupid.
The Big Ten is all that matters because Penn State needs it far more than we need them--reality

Yeah - i was shocked just shocked - I guess its not just the Big2 who protect the chosen ones.

Sec has been doing this forever.

Years ago Arkansas was beating the chosen UF team.

They called back to back personal fouls on Ark to get UF to the endzone.

It was hilarious and obvious.

The difference is that the SEC supports their undefeated teams... whoever they are.

The BIG self destructs itself by supporting favorites like UM and OSU.

Reactions: Jerry
Also, if the refs wanted Bama to win the facemask call on Bama when SC also had a facemask there defeats that claim
Again--this goes back to people only focusing on what sells the conspiracy nonsense

The entire ACC would add value to the Big Ten.

Definitely two of the wealthiest public Universities in the country with UVA and North Carolina. Not "arguably".

The reason the Big Ten went to Washington is because neither is interested in the Big Ten.
Same reason we took Maryland.

You're so naive regarding the top east coast schools and merit this isn't worth continuing.

LdN
I would love to see UVA to our conference, but it will never happen . UVA is a financial loser for tv ratings, worse than Rutgers, and would decrease per capita tv revenue in the conference. UNC only makes the cut because of bball interest. There are few schools left in the country that could financially make the cut. Tv avg viewership for uva in 2023 was 663k and Rutgers was 977k. Uva is group of 5 level for tv viewers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT