ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA Dual championship question.

stneumann83

Jan 23, 2014
Sorry if it's been discussed already but Where exactly will the dual championship be played?

Sorry if it's been discussed already but Where exactly will the dual championship be played?
This year the B10 teams all travel to the other conference teams. The exact matchups have yet to be determined, but it almost certainly will be PSU vs. the Pokes -- in which case we'll be in Stallwater on 2/19.

This year the B10 teams all travel to the other conference teams. The exact matchups have yet to be determined, but it almost certainly will be PSU vs. the Pokes -- in which case we'll be in Stallwater on 2/19.

The National Dual meets are at the home of the non-B1G team this year (i.e., #1 B1G via #1 non-B1G, #2 B1G via #2 non-B1G, etc...). It alternates each year and last year the #1 non-B1G Pokes traveled to #1 B1G team (which also happened to be PSU last year).

Not ready to say yet that this model will continue. It's only 2 years in, and to say it's "each year" is premature. Think of this as a 2-year agreement that several coaches presented as a compromise. This will be discussed at a coach's meeting, and the future determined. As a fan, I'm for continuing, but obviously don't get a vote. What do others think? Continue? Tweak? Stop?

I hope it stays, as close to intact as possible.

There's a buy-in problem when 2 B10 teams can pre-schedule their way out of the event. That should be addressed.

I do hope for one tweak -- that they flip the rotation and next year the B10 teams travel again. Reason: Kyle Snyder. Having an Olympic champ compete in your town is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and so he's a potential marketing gold mine for some college program -- though next year is the last chance to leverage his stardom.

PSU is going to have a VERY tough match against Okla State....They are very very good this year....Tough to beat at home !!!!

Not for nut'in, but wasn't daO$U supposed to be a really tough, super dangerous team with multiple #1 ranked wrestlers that could match PSU's top-end firepower....especially at their place??? PSU not only won 7 of 10 matches but out-bonused daO$U 11 bonus points to 3 bonus points (2 by NATO and 1 by Snyder....versus PSU's 6 via 2 pins, 4 via 2 TFs and 1 via a MD).

I believe the Pokes would be underdogs in 7 of 10 match-ups and PSU will blow them away in bonus even worse than they did daO$U.

PSU is going to have a VERY tough match against Okla State....They are very very good this year....Tough to beat at home !!!!

You need to compile another 2 hour long match analysis for the Okie St dual.

WOW....when the Spyker says it will not be easy for PSU in this one, we are in trouble. BUT.....I totally disagree with his assessment of this one. We will win 6 or 7 of the matches and blow them out!!!!

WOW....when the Spyker says it will not be easy for PSU in this one, we are in trouble. BUT.....I totally disagree with his assessment of this one. We will win 6 or 7 of the matches and blow them out!!!!
But he spent 2 hrs on that analysis.

Reactions: diggerpup
I see it Penn State 27 Cowboys 11.
As for the continuance of this event I would rather they have it after the NCAA champship because it is really not that important and having it before B10 and NCAA a team could lose a important member of their team.

I see it Penn State 27 Cowboys 11.
As for the continuance of this event I would rather they have it after the NCAA champship because it is really not that important and having it before B10 and NCAA a team could lose a important member of their team.
The injury to Stoll while wrestling Gwiz was a shame. However, it is a singular match 2 weeks prior to the Big10 tournament. If the Hawks had not been wrestling NCST that weekend (yes I know it was actually Monday) they would have been wrestling someone else. Stoll might not have been injured if they had wrestled some other team, but that is not guaranteed.

Not sure it will be that close. For starters:

25 Suriano Dec, PSU 3-0
33 Brock Tech Fall, OSU 5-3
41 Heil Dec, OSU 8-3
49 Retherford Major, OSU 8-7
57 Nolf Major, PSU 11-8
65 Joseph Dec, PSU 14-8
74 Hall Dec, PSU 17-8
84 Nickal, Major PSU 21-8
97 Weigel Dec PSU 21-11
HW Nevills Dec PSU 24-11

Not sure it will be that close. For starters:

25 Suriano Dec, PSU 3-0
33 Brock Tech Fall, OSU 5-3
41 Heil Dec, OSU 8-3
49 Retherford Major, OSU 8-7
57 Nolf Major, PSU 11-8
65 Joseph Dec, PSU 14-8
74 Hall Dec, PSU 17-8
84 Nickal, Major PSU 21-8
97 Weigel Dec PSU 21-11
HW Nevills Dec PSU 24-11
Not sure be that close I have it 27-11

The GAME will be PLAYED in Stillwater. Watch out for the FIST TO THE BACK, in this one.

In other news, grab a clean close shave and a haircut at GEORGES in Clarion.

Why, have you been going to practice?;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT