ADVERTISEMENT

Official March Madness thread.

I know this thread is for the men’s tournament discussion but the Final of the Womens game was pretty exciting.

And Notre Dame lost. So Glov is toasting to that.

The final quarter of the Final was certainly exciting, but it kept looking like Baylor in a possible blowout until the injury at the end of the third quarter. THEN a game broke out!

Reactions: TheGLOV
I only played basketball for about one year when I was a kid and immediately said wait didn’t he double dribble? My wife, who played in HS said yes that’s definitely a double dribble. It was plain as day to anyone who knows anything about the rules.

I am really hoping TTU wins the national title. ESPN has gone into full looney mode, barely mentioning that TTU even exists. Clearly they wanted MSU to win. They also keep talking about the foul call overshadowing Virginia’s win. The foul call was fine. The double dribble was pathetic. ESPN is a totally dishonest organization. It is never even clear why they choose to spin some things

Before Duke and Zion lost = ZSPN

ND was the winner by losing......Emmert made the Championship presentation to the Baylor team.

I don't recall hearing the National Anthem played on a sax at a major sporting event before, but that guy has serious chops.

Why the hell is this game starting at 9:20 and not 8:20? Stupid.

While CBS showed an aerial view of Minneapolis, Jim Nantz said, "What a great host city this has been." What does that mean? No one told him to f*ck off?

Last edited:
First four minutes...YAWN....just as expected. Only made worse by Raftery’s endless schtick.

Texas Tech has turned things around. They were down ten, 17-7, but now it's tied at 29 with under a minute to go in the first half.

Virginia hits a 3 at the buzzer. The Cavaliers lead at the half, 32-29.

Solid defense all around. Tech is more athletic which leads to them being more aggressive, but can they keep up the pace?

UVA ignored Francis off the bench until he burnt them. Probably the storyline of the game. Without that run, Tech is down by double digits.

Both sides best players (Hunter, Culver) have been quiet/struggled thus far. Diakite sit a lot late. Was he in foul trouble or Bennett resting him / saving fouls?

Charles Barkley very critical of offensive play. Not completely sure but he seems very dissatisfied with both teams.

Guy for UVA is some shooter. UVA back up by 10 with about 10 minutes to go.

The refs didn't call a tie-up that would have given the ball to Tech. Instead, UVA retained possession and scored.

Talk about playing with heart. Texas Tech refusing to go away. Turning out to be a great game.

The refs didn't call a tie-up that would have given the ball to Tech. Instead, UVA retained possession and scored.
Then they missed an obvious charge against TT. Someone has to let me know who the NCAA instructed the refs to cheat for because I can’t figure it out.

Then they missed an obvious charge against TT. Someone has to let me know who the NCAA instructed the refs to cheat for because I can’t figure it out.
Up until the last ten minutes the game was being officiated fairly well.

tied at 59-59, with 3:28 left. We have a ball game. I didn't think TT would go away without putting up a fight.

65-64, UVA, with 1:31 left. Lots of great shots being made, despite both teams playing good D.

This game is turning out to be one of the best NCAA finals in recent history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT