ADVERTISEMENT

Official Pitt - Penn State Game Thread...

Silly. Each game is different. Be glad we won and let those other games take care of themselves.
Yes, I kept reading Pitt’s running game would gash us because of what Buffalo did to us and that didn’t happen.

Reactions: Madsol
It's hard to establish a running game when you don't actually run the ball.

The series with Cain was our best drive all season thus far. If we are deadset on running inside when we do run, you have to play Cain first and Brown second.

Reactions: Lyons212
Duzzi gets to stew on that 4th down FG for eternity

That call you go for a FG at that point in the game was an all-time bad call. Just a real head scratcher. If you make it, you still need to score a TD. There is no justification for that call. None.

Reactions: psu00
Ohio beat buffalo in 1958 so pitt actually did beat us today.
I see what you did there!
What needs to be accepted is Pat Narduzzi is a terrific football coach. You may not like him personally, but the guy gets his team ready to compete every week. I THINK his personality isn't the best for recruiting, and Pitt isn't a program that's positioned to sell itself. This was a good win by Penn State against a tough Pitt football team.

Uh... he lost today.

Thank goodness, we have two weeks to get it right for Maryland. Coaches certainly have a lot to work on during the bye week.

Celebrate the victories. That said, the offensive line needs to get this figured out and I don’t see this great pass rush I was promised from the defensive line.

The 1st down has to be a short run/short pass for positive yards, even just 1 or 2. 4 years of 3rd and 9/10.

He is a good coach. His defenses seem to always play tough, sound football and are able to get pressure on the QB. He has pretty good coordinators too. His problem is that he can’t recruit the talent. He’s also prone to boneheaded in game decisions, like kicking a field goal with under five minutes to play from the one when his team has yet to score a second half TD.
Yep, he is a coordinator playing head coach, while we have a position coach playing coordinator. And a Head coach trying to be loyal to too many unfortunately, and not able to have tuff conversations.

The team played poorly and, frankly, was bailed out by Narduzzi missing a FG from the 1 instead of going for the TD.

We see too many of the same problems week after week, year after year.

It's hard to establish a running game when you don't actually run the ball.

The series with Cain was our best drive all season thus far. If we are deadset on running inside when we do run, you have to play Cain first and Brown second.

(SMH) Why wasn't Cain in on the last offensive series when we needed a couple of 1st downs to run out the clock?

Long time/first time, had to create an account just to vent and rant cuz my girlfriend, group text threads, and dog are sick of listening to it and I've got a whole shit ton more bitching to do.

This sucks, I thought we were done with this 8-4 BS. Whoever said Rahne is a shittier version of Galen/Jay is dead on. Gattis is probably desperate to leave the clown show he's a part of for an opportunity to actually be in charge of an offense, would welcome him back with open arms.

UGGGHHHHHHHH. This is more frustrating than 6-4

Offense has no ability to move the ball consistently. We have no running game tho we have 4 of the best running backs in the country. WE have no short passing game although it seems to work if we try it. Our offense is big, long plays. Period. Defensively, we are mediocre or up to good. If we can keep the play in front of us, we do okay. Cam Brown is a standout player. Franklin should be wearing a cheerleader skirt and bring his pom-poms.

Maryland just lost to Temple. Try to keep up, doofus.
The will still be tough for this team. We have no offense against any team with a pulse on D. None. It's just pray for a big play or 3 and out. Then when you do have a great drive, you bench that RB for the rest of the day even though he had the hot hand. There isn't a gimme left outside of RU on this schedule. Hopefully an early bye week can help get some things fixed as this team is not good team right now. Average at best. Good D, but some issues there...horrible on offense.

Long time/first time, had to create an account just to vent and rant cuz my girlfriend, group text threads, and dog are sick of listening to it and I've got a whole shit ton more bitching to do.

This sucks, I thought we were done with this 8-4 BS. Whoever said Rahne is a shittier version of Galen/Jay is dead on. Gattis is probably desperate to leave the clown show he's a part of for an opportunity to actually be in charge of an offense, would welcome him back with open arms.

Welcome Troll!

Reactions: We Are . . .

Do us a favor and make it a long time before your next post

Agree. This is a 3-5 loss team.

It always was and those that thought differently, haven’t been paying attention in the Franklin era.

It will be a slow decline but we will be a 7-9 win team for the next 3-5 years until the declining recruiting will start to hurt us because they realize CJF can’t coach his way out of a paper bag and continues to be loyal to the similarly skilled coaches on both sides of the ball.

We will hold on to CJF for another 3 years or so after that until we finally decide to bring in a new coach. It is what it is, just go along for the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: ftlpsu and Ughhh
I see rahne’s play calling as very immature. What I mean is it seems like when we have a play work, he goes back to it way too many times. Problem with that is when you’re playing past the high school level, and hell even at the high school level, coaches and players are able to adjust. Also, he has a habit of going for the home run way too often. Agree with the Cain comments.

It always was and those that thought differently, haven’t been paying attention in the Franklin era.

It will be a slow decline but we will be a 7-9 win team for the next 3-5 years until the declining recruiting will start to hurt us because they realize CJF can coach his way out of a paper bag and continues to be loyal to the similarly skilled coaches on both sides of the ball.

We will hold on to CJF for another 3 years or so after that until we finally decide to bring in a new coach. It is what it is, just go along for the ride.
<rolls eyes>

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT