ADVERTISEMENT

Official Pitt - Penn State Game Thread...

This will go down as a pivotal series for this team this year. OL finally blocked some people. 85 yard run by Journey. He had a hole, made two guys look silly, cut it out and was down the sideline.

Shorter with some burst to get down field blocking (but Dotson had position on the guy, if Shorter would have looked back, it probably a TD).

Pitt tackled Friermuth on the DPI INT. Probably a TD for us if he didn't

Ford with a hard run and a big hole for a TD!

Great run, how does a sprinter get caught from behind
good question. Watching it again it looks like he may have slowe
He looked like he slowed waiting on his blocks and didn't see the guy coming up behind him. He should have trusted his speed there IMO....great run though. Pretty happy for him as he has looked the best so far early on this year.
exactly what i was going to say.

A minor old man gripe but....

The graphic for Monday Night Football shows the Start time in a little yellow box
I keep thinking there is a flag on every play

Matt McGloin has done a fantastic job as sideline reporter in these first three games.

ATM, he is also doing color from the sideline in place of Ham...who has something else to do right now....and he is really, really good at the color commentary thus far.

Reactions: sarasotan
Can’t believe Mazda is so desperate to hire Mushmouth as a spokesperson! :eek:

I think Castro-Fields might be a lil banged up. Saw him holding his hand/wrist last series.

I know it’s only the end of the 1st but this is my takeaway thus far.

1. I think we’ve made a lot of progress since week one, I know we are only up 7 - 0 but it’s a rivalry series, and the weather isn’t helping at all.
2. Our blocking seems to improved with the exception of Clifford getting hit because the running backs have been missing assignments.
3. We need to get Hamler the ball in space more, he is explosive and doesn’t get enough opportunities to make plays.
4. If we can learn to stop the long screen plays on 3rd and long we’ll be golden.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Running backs Coach needs to instill pride and selflessness and tell his boys blocking is part of your job!

Not all Twitter....not all Instagram glamour!

Absolutely no pash rush, even when blitzing. Pitt is moving the ball too well and flipping the field position repeatedly.

Dean Devore is drunk or just doesn’t give a crap since pa announcer is a lifetime assignment at psu. Wrong on half his calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT