ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Indiana Game Thread

I’m ok with it on the basis that nothing is working - let’s minimize the damage and get to halftime as quickly as we can.

You’re not wrong that his clock management isn’t great but there’s pro coaches who can’t even get clock management right.
I understand the traditional take is to get to half time. You had a poor first half and are only down 10.

However, you have IU backed up. It’s obvious IU is wanting to get to halftime too, since they ran the ball on first down. You hold them to a 3 and out and you’ll get good field position with about 30 seconds left. A first down and you’re in fg range. You have to give your team as many possessions as possible.

You also do it to force the other team to punt. In this type of year, with limited practice, there is probably a better than usual chance of a bad snap on the punt. There is probably a better than usual chance of a turnover, too. As it happened IU did turn the ball over. With more time on the clock you can take a chance at a td.

On the bright side: PSU made practically every mistake possible in the first half, so the second half should be mistake-free. Unless someone decides to run the wrong way and end up in the wrong end zone aka The Jim Marshall run.....
Don’t underestimate them !

Reactions: Ward Hog
I understand the traditional take is to get to half time. You had a poor first half and are only down 10.

However, you have IU backed up. It’s obvious IU is wanting to get to halftime too, since they ran the ball on first down. You hold them to a 3 and out and you’ll get good field position with about 30 seconds left. A first down and you’re in fg range. You have to give your team as many possessions as possible.
Or you muff another punt and give them field position for a FG or Hail Mary TD.

I know you can’t coach scared but all three phases of the game are playing very poor at that point.

Watching the best teams in College football and PSU is like night and day, not even close.

Four days ago I was pissed I was going to miss the second half. I’m still hopeful yet not so upset now.

That's another problem. Every commercial between the poor PSU play is the same old lies from the same old do nothing politician.....

Having to watch every commercial break with political ads feels like another touchdown against us. Can't we just watch some medication ads??? Holy ****

Reactions: GregInPitt
Or you muff another punt and give them field position for a FG or Hail Mary TD.

I know you can’t coach scared but all three phases of the game are playing very poor at that point.
And they won’t improve by not getting an opportunity.

By not using the timeouts the odds are zero you get a chance to score. By using them they are greater than zero.

Watching the best teams in College football and PSU is like night and day, not even close.

We've played Ohio State very well the past handful of years. But week in and week out over the past few years, we haven't looked like we belong in that upper crust.

Other than blowing out Michigan in '17, we haven't pounded a good team since......????

We'll destroy Maryland, beat down Illinois or Purdue, etc. But when was the last time we really put a beating on a solid team?

We have a long, long way to go.

Reactions: psuno1
Guess the question of ELITENESS won’t be discussed this week.
“The realty is, we've gone from an average football team, to a good football team, to a great football team, back to an average football team, but we're no longer even good”. - CJF

Reactions: zubrus1
Did anyone realistically think IU looked good? They looked like typical IU. Penn State was just THAT bad.

They do have the defensive gameplan we’ll see all season - stack the box and expect Clifford can’t handle it.

Reactions: bdgan and PSUTENN1
“Got away with that target”

That was blatant and ugly. Terrible in fact. Can the B1G punish even without a flag? I honesty don’t know.

Did anyone realistically think IU looked good? They looked like typical IU. Penn State was just THAT bad.

They do have the defensive gameplan we’ll see all season - stack the box and expect Clifford can’t handle it.

This is the 2nd best team on PSU's schedule.

An 0-2 start could cause the roof to cave in and a VERY ugly season. Already saw a lot of PSU players showing frustration with Clifford. Second half may be the difference between 6-2 and 2-6 (think Northwestern 2005).

Look at the bright side. Coach won’t have to answer all those “how do break through to elite status questions”.
30 minutes to right the ship.

IN capitalized on PSU's many mistakes. PSU cast their's away.

Yes, and not the first time that has been employed against PSU.

We are pitting it right now. 2nd half is our chance to show what separates us from pitt. Silver lining, nobody cares about pitt no matter what he do in the second half.

First half got you down? Looking to drink away the pain? Want to put your fist through the TV? Good news! Midnighter Bar is open - and everything is half off! Let's drink up, regroup, and win this motherf*cker.

Remember to tip the bartenders and waitstaff!

Half Time Specials

- #14 - Schlitz & shot of Jagermeister (but served to the guy next to you who drinks it) - $7.50

- Special Teams - Jack Daniels, Ginger Beer, Lime Garnish, Served in a Sippy Cup - $8.00

- The Candy Striper - Starlight Distillery Port Barrel Finished Whiskey, Sour Cherry (Muddled), Sugar, Bitters, Orange Garnish - $8.50

- The Devyn - Midori, Botanist Gin, Belvedere Vodka, Mt. Gay Rum, Terremana Tequila, Lime Garnish (tab of LSD if requested) - $9.00

a59a6d951cd715bd249ae6495eb44fb9.gif

weekend-vibes.gif

740604f0c7f3fff0615168c600b40222.gif

8IFu.gif

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT