ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State vs Oregon

I would have let oregon score a td quickly to give osu more time on their last drive with full timeouts, but the result was a fg. So perhaps I had the wrong strategy. However, there is less time left and one TO remaining. Time will tell what is the best strategy now.

I would have let oregon score a td quickly to give osu more time on their last drive with full timeouts, but the result was a fg. So perhaps I had the wrong strategy. However, there is less time left and one TO remaining. Time will tell what is the best strategy now.
I would have done the same

The best part about rooting for Ohio State when it helps us is you can still be happy when they lose--it's win/win
This basically means the winner of Penn State/Ohio State will play Oregon in the CCG

Says it all.

Screenshot-2024-10-12-230533.jpg

1 Texas
2 Oregon
3 Penn State
4 Georgia (they play Texas so we need 1 vs 4--in theory they could be 3 for that reason)
5 Ohio State
6 Miami

Then it's a cluster. Alabama and Tennessee should drop but are Ole Miss, ND or Iowa State better? Maybe Clemson goes to 7

Don’t forget that this was the NIL Bowl. There are only a couple other schools at this level of total player salary, certainly not PSU. I would say Day may be in his last season. There is no tolerance for this in Columbus!

Thought there was like ,5 left when Howard hit the turf

Don’t forget that this was the NIL Bowl. There are only a couple other schools at this level of total player salary, certainly not PSU. I would say Day may be in his last season. There is no tolerance for this in Columbus!
Wrong. Day runs a mostly winning program free of scandal. They lose to Michigan and you may be right.

Thought there was like ,5 left when Howard hit the turf
You still have to get the TO called. Not enough time. He needed to start the slide with about 3 or 2.5 seconds left and they would have gotten it. He didn't start sliding until 1 second and you see what happened.

Here is the sequence of plays toward the end of the game. No time left and still would have been a 43-yd FG attempt.

• 2nd & 25 at ORE 43​

(0:10 - 4th) Will Howard pass incomplete
  • 3rd & 25 at ORE 43​

(0:10 - 4th) Timeout Oregon, clock 00:10
  • 3rd & 25 at ORE 43​

(0:06 - 4th) No Huddle-Shotgun Howard,Will pass incomplete short left to Smith,Jeremiah thrown to ORE30 broken up by Muhammad,Jabbar PENALTY ORE Illegal Substitution (Caldwell,Jamaree) 5 yards from ORE43 to ORE38. NO PLAY.
  • 3rd & 20 at ORE 38​

(0:00 - 4th) Will Howard run for 12 yds to the ORE 26
  • (0:00 - 4th) End of 4th Quarter

1 Texas
2 Oregon
3 Penn State
4 Georgia (they play Texas so we need 1 vs 4--in theory they could be 3 for that reason)
5 Ohio State
6 Miami

Then it's a cluster. Alabama and Tennessee should drop but are Ole Miss, ND or Iowa State better? Maybe Clemson goes to 7

Given that LSU beat 'Ole Miss, pretty sure LSU will be top 10.

A lot of the osu fanbase wants him out.
The guy was handed a war chest that only GA and Bama can compete with their NIL is off the charts. Seems to me they have one or two more losses on their schedule and hopefully we are one they lose too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT